Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevens bikes - Vantage or Vuelta 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

dapower wrote: »
    Summary
    SALE NOW ON!!! Only one 2011 56cm bike remaining - RRP€1,895 - NOW JUST €1,325!! Simply breath-taking! Perfect frame construction: The lightweight aluminium chassis allows for ...
    SALE NOW ON!!! Only one 2011 54cm bike remaining - RRP€2,699 - NOW JUST €1,899! A trendy bike with high-end equipment. The Vantage features first-class stiffness values while o...
    Other
    N/A
    N/A

Dave,

Just noted that the two bikes have different sizes. Ideally consider size then bike. Once you have a comfortable fit then its all about budget and what that will buy you versus what you need.
    Shop around and test drive different bikes............. don't buy something that's a bargain but will not be comfortable.
    Re sizing two key measurements (in frame geometry) are: centre of top of seatpost to head tube (Horizontal line - so this stays the same once the seattube and headtube angle are same - because you can adjust reach within certain parameters using spacers, different stems and saddle height) and centre of top of seatpost to bottom bracket (this can be adjusted by lifting and dropping the seat post for your inside leg measurement).
    Your own bike is the starting point for initial fitting provided its what you find comfortable.
    Having said all that, once you get into it, you can make it ascomplicated (more or less so) as you want i.e. you can get yourself professionally fitted. Some people swear by the €100 it could set you back. Others will say its a complete con.

I've been though this personally so if you'd like a chat, send me a PM with you number. No worries if not.

Advertisement