Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Fried Mars Bar

Options
  • 06-09-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Heard Ray Darcy on about these this morning on the wireless, have to try one, does any of the chippers in town do them???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Stans Tasty Bites in Kilcohan do

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Had one before. It was like beating my heart and stomach with a hammer. Still pretty damn tasty though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

The place on Barrack St, opposite Kitty Kiernan's had it on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Aarons chipper just up from Dignity do then for about 2Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Kitty_Ears wrote: »

Aarons is gone for a long time. Pizza Palace is in there now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Kitty_Ears wrote: »

Aarons is gone for a long time. Pizza Palace is in there now.

Yeah, was gonna say that, Aaron's is gone nearly a year at this rate, if not longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Eep, shows how much attention I pay >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

One of lads had one before after a feed of beer, I tried it, was expecting it to be awful but not bad at all, reminded me of melted chocolate fudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

STIG83 wrote: »
    One of lads had one before after a feed of beer, I tried it, was expecting it to be awful but not bad at all, reminded me of melted chocolate fudge.

Fair play to you, not sure I'd try it, youhave to admit it sounds absolutely revolting, reminds me of Dirty Neds in Barrack street when he used to cook the steak & kidney pies in the chip basket instead of a microwave :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Its like when I heard about banana fritters in a Chinese, I said a deep fried banana sounded rotten but said I try one, not bad at all.
    Don't knock it til you try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Funfair wrote: »
    Fair play to you, not sure I'd try it, youhave to admit it sounds absolutely revolting, reminds me of Dirty Neds in Barrack street when he used to cook the steak & kidney pies in the chip basket instead of a microwave :eek:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had one a couple of years ago and sounded right up my street: Mars Bar + Batter + Deep Fried!!!

But, i was very torn about it, i wanted it to be epic but it was so strange... I think only the individual can comment on it as it will vary greatly person to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

tried the deep fried mars bar before not bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A lot of chippers tend not to do them after a while, as the process seemingly turns the chip oil black after a short while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I never had one but when I lived in Dublin I tried a deep fried Moro. Damn tasty it was too.

Advertisement