Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you have *too* many sexual partners?

• 06-09-2012 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I've heard people having different opinions on this saying 20 sexual partners was too high for a young person in their early 20s and some have said that 7 would be seen as too high. This is a subjective topic after all so that's ok.

Considering you were out and you managed to be successful, it was all for the laugh, mutual and respectful, you could knock up a lot of notches on your belt fairly quickly over time.

I don't really know how many people is "too many" given your age, but if you were to get with let's say, 10 people in 3 months (bairing in mind it's just harmless good fun) would that be seen as "socially sleazy"?

I'm not talking about actively persueing sex, but if it happens to come about with right person and it's in good nature, and these people aren't the "always for the ride types", is that still slightly looked down on or just seen as alright and harmless behaviour?

I think if you're not the sleazy or easy type and are respectful and just up for a bit of mutual fun with other young people when it arises, you can't have too many sexual partners really.
    Am I wrong?:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Casual " i had sex twice in the last month" thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

early 20's - 7?

don't get me wrong, im no stud, but surely that's low, especially if you were single all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Depends on your job.

If you're twenty and have had, like, fifty, give or take ten or whatever, then yes, you are a slut. You can go ahead and fuck however many people you like, but you are definitely a slut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭TAlderson

OP, I don't think you'll have this particular problem.

-Tyler

df1985 wrote: »
    early 20's - 7?

don't get me wrong, im no stud, but surely that's low, especially if you were single all the time?

I'm young and it's less than seven. Also I'm ugly.

EDIT:

Also, I've avoided saying this so far, but "Thinly veiled I'm a stud post."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ive only got one willy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

early 20's - 7?

Well fuck you too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

well, it depends on if you are a top or bottom OP,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive only got one willy

you can only fuck with the cock youve got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

If you're riding that amount of people just to tell people about it then it's wrong.
    Who counts anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

ive only got one willy
    It's all about quality not quantity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I get bored easily, and there's nothing worse than a sack of spuds !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

early 20's - 7?

Well it depends if you were single for the most part of that I might agree but if you were in a few relationships, it's understandable that you could have been with 7 people.
    It doesn't mean you've had less sex than other people who've gotten around more though! :pac:

I get bored easily, and there's nothing worse than a sack of spuds !!

apt username!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

If you've even done so much as hold someone's hand (male or female) before marriage, you're equal to a hooker IMO.

Joking aside: who gives a fúck?
    Once you don't get any STDs then it doesn't matter. So what if some people have a problem. Just don't date them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This makes me sad.

People laugh when they see me naked.

Casual " i had sex twice in the last month" thread

Twice in one month?! That'd be really pushing out the boat if I'm honest :o:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

1ZRed wrote: »
    Twice in one month?! That'd be really pushing out the boat if I'm honest :o:p

Especially if his OH was on the boat.

Well it depends if you were single for the most part of that I might agree but if you were in a few relationships, it's understandable that you could have been with 7 people.
    It doesn't mean you've had less sex than other people who've gotten around more though! :pac:

Yea really depends on your relationship status over a period of time.

Im of the opinion, that if youre both up for it, healthy and safe, then go for it! keeping count is very childish too if all you want to do is brag to your mates.

or maybe im just a whooooore....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The only way you can have too much sex is if it's non consensual imo.

If someone wants to judge anyone (positively or negatively) based on the number of people they've slept with, that says far more about their sexuality than the person they're judging tbh. Impressed by someone's numbers? You don't really get sex tbh. Dismissive of someone for having "too many" partners? Are you suffering Catholic guilt or simply jealous?

• Advertisement

Yea really depends on your relationship status over a period of time.

Im of the opinion, that if youre both up for it, healthy and safe, then go for it! keeping count is very childish too if all you want to do is brag to your mates.

or maybe im just a whooooore....:o

Whores do it for money, otherwise you're a slut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

If you're a guy then its fine as you'd be seen as a stud. A woman might be seen as a slapper but there's not as much stigma for them either now thanks to sex and the city and what not. As long as you cover your dong you can't go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just remember kids: Be Safe and Have Fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is a subjective topic after all so that's ok.

I think you answered your own question there.

Personally I don't see why so many people see the amount of notches on their bed-post as something that is important to them. I'll be 29 in hour and a half and have only had sex with 4 (lucky :pac:) girls. It just isn't something that preoccupies my mind really. If it happens then it's a great thing and not just something to brag about to others, or make me feel like some sort of all-conquering pseudo-Alpha.

One night stands etc really don't do it for me. Each to their own.

Just to clear up, I heard a few poeple say this recently, though it was mostly girls about guys and obviously other girls.

And there isn't anything "thinly veiled" about the post and I'm no stud. Much to my disappointment! :D

Personally though, I don't give a fuck, but to fuck! I'm not a judgemental guy so I don't care what other people get up to.
    Thought it interesting that some people still think like that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

apt username!

Yes .. you must be new here... also a lack of the fairer sex replying ... they can smell the bang of want i think..

I'm young and it's less than seven. Also I'm ugly.

EDIT:

Also, I've avoided saying this so far, but "Thinly veiled I'm a stud post."

really not intended that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I think you answered your own question there.

Personally I don't see why so many people see the amount of notches on their bed-post as something that is important to them. I'll be 29 in hour and a half and have only had sex with 4 (lucky :pac:) girls. It just isn't something that preoccupies my mind really. If it happens then it's a great thing and not just something to brag to others about to others, or make me feel like some sort of all-conquering pseudo-Alpha.

One night stands etc really don't do it for me. Each to their own.

+1 It doesn't do it for me either. So I guess relationships with people with different views to sex is what causes problems.

It isn't quantity it definitely is quality.

Am I the only one who prefers one night stands to relationships? I think casual sex with someone you know is best though. Minimises the risk of STD's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Well there's a difference between someone enjoying casual sex and someone who gets a rep for it. I have many friends who go out and enjoy themselves all the time, but they're very discreet about it and no one finds out. they go wild and everyone's none the wiser. However, too many people of my generation these days seem to think it's ok to broadcast everything they or their friends do and then they get upset when someone calls them a village bicycle. If you don't want people judging you, don't force it in their faces. By that I'll give an example: I know a girl, let's call her X who is promiscuous to say the least. She doesn't exactly have the most rigid of morals when sober but now she's known for having no self control when she gets drunk and guys actively take advantage of her and she "accepts", her friends laugh it off and literally act as though it's a dog that learnt a new trick. "Oh where's X? - Oh she's just gone off to give head to some guy". I'm not a prude, but I do believe that some things are best left with an air of mystery about them. And they fuel this behaviour themselves, some friends.

Personally, I don't mind what anyone does as long as they keep it to themselves. If a couple decide to go home together after meeting on a night out in a club, well fair play to them. If said couple choose to behave inappropriately in the oh-so private corners of a club, not so much.. I don't understand why some people get impatient and choose to do sexual acts in public? I get the whole "ooooh well no one is forcing you to look at them" counter argument but there shouldn't really even be a counter argument to that.. Have some class, be discreet.

Am I the only one who prefers one night stands to relationships? I think casual sex with someone you know is best though. Minimises the risk of STD's!

I prefer fuckbuddies if that's what you mean. Relationships can be a lot of work when all you want sometimes is a mate to ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I prefer fuckbuddies if that's what you mean. Relationships can be a lot of work when all you want sometimes is a mate to ride.

Can they really be a mate if you are just going to have sex with them? Never got that. Chances are someone is going to get hurt or the friendship won't last. I just think that if you like them enough to be a friend but not enough to commit to them, why ruin it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've had two.

I win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Not at all, although it depends what "clientele" you generally go for in terms of gathering notches on your bedpost. I generally choose bimbos. Bimbos make me happy. Bimbos make me feel alive. Bimbos make me want to pretend to be a better man. The whole craic about trying to settle down with one woman is just a fling, but, at the end of the day, my heart belongs to bimbos. I love their vacant, trusting stares. Their sluggish, unencumbered minds, their unresolved daddy issues. I love them, and they love me. Bimbos have always been there for me, through thick and thin -- mostly thin. Castletownman don't do thick crust!

I wouldn't go as far as to say fuckbuddies but I have a friend and any time we go out to a club together it just always ends up happening. It's not a pre-determined agreement or anything we just do it and don't want a relationship with eachother really. It's odd but good :o

• Advertisement

shalalala wrote: »
    Can they really be a mate if you are just going to have sex with them? Never got that. Chances are someone is going to get hurt or the friendship won't last. I just think that if you like them enough to be a friend but not enough to commit to them, why ruin it?

Well it's nothing serious just a laugh and a bit of fun. It doesn't last forever and there is an expiration date but it's harmless.

Never been fuckbuddies with a girl but I have with a guy, and it was the best thing ever. Play video games, drink beer and go for ride. All with your mate!

I wouldn't go as far as to say fuckbuddies but I have a friend and any time we go out to a club together it just always ends up happening. It's not a pre-determined agreement or anything we just do it and don't want a relationship with eachother really. It's odd but good :o

No shame in it!:D In fact I'd kind of like the idea of having a safety net guaranteed on a night out.

Can you throw her my way by any chance? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Honestly I don't think these things matter, someone's sexual history is irrelevant if you really love someone, whether thats 100 or 0.

Now I'm 26 and on 0 so I'm sure I would get a right slagging for that, I personally don't see it as a problem but I sure lots of other people do. I have considered prostitution but I'm uneasy living the rest of my life like that as I know it becomes addictive.

Never been fuckbuddies with a girl but I have with a guy, and it was the best thing ever. Play video games, drink beer and go for ride. All with your mate!

I've done that with my girlfriend. It's not exclusive to guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Make the most of it when your young. No one ever repented on their death bed, "i wish i had less sex".

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    Never been [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uckbuddies with a girl but I have with a guy, and it was the best thing ever. Play video games, drink beer and go for ride. All with your mate!

I've done that with my girlfriend. It's not exclusive to guys!

Obviously it's not exclusive to guys because the girl I'm doing it with is doing it too, with me :pac: :p

Obviously it's not exclusive to guys because the girl I'm doing it with is doing it too, with me :pac: :p

But are you a lesbian? If so do you have pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Honestly I don't think these things matter, someone's sexual history is irrelevant if you really love someone, whether thats 100 or 0.

Now I'm 26 and on 0 so I'm sure I would get a right slagging for that, I personally don't see it as a problem but I sure lots of other people do. I have considered prostitution but I'm uneasy living the rest of my life like that as I know it becomes addictive.

Oh yes it does matter, there's nothing worse than meeting a beautiful woman and finding out she's a harlot with baggage and then there's trust issues, seen awful stuff happen through the years like a bird have sex with someone else on a holiday with her boyfriend, what would you do then. She was 27 and they lived together.

Old dog new tricks etc

Wish I was on none I might be able for a normal relationship. :p
    Brazzers are addictive you're right, won't be long till you're going in there looking for the real filthy stuff that normal birds would never do.

But are you a lesbian? If so do you have pics?

Oh I didn't get that :p
    That's hot ;) :pac:

Oh I didn't get that :p
    That's hot ;) :pac:

Now I'm worried. I'm male and have a girlfriend. Hope that clears things up.

Now I'm worried. I'm male and have a girlfriend. Hope that clears things up.

K now I'm confused, I shall stop talking now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's a personal choice. As long as you're happy, f*ck the haters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Really dont think it matters as long as you're safe. I'd actually prefer to be with a guy who's been around a bit then someone say who's been in one or two long term relationships.
    If someone is literally shagging someone different every weekend though that could be an issue

It's a personal choice. As long as you're happy, f*ck the haters.

But would fucking the haters really be such a good idea?

But would fucking the haters really be such a good idea?

Haters are Hawt ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement