Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you have *too* many sexual partners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

20 sexual partners in your 20's. Iv had that many in a weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'll be 29 in hour and a half

Happy birthday URL!

Senna wrote: »
    Make the most of it when your young. No one ever repented on their death bed, "i wish i had less sex".

Except when they die from it. But they died with a smile on their face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

kowloon wrote: »

Happy birthday ya prick. Hope you work up to a 5th tonight :pac: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

well the more sexual partners a women has the more times she has been exposed to different strains of HPV virus' which are the leading (if not sole) cause of cervical cancer in women. So I guess purely from a health point of view the more sexual partners you have the worse it gets

link to info on HPV virus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yes

Sure everyone has a past. Thats ok. But honestly if a woman told me she had slept with over 100 men in say, for example, the last 7 years? I would be instantly turned off.

STD risk-factor... not to mention, I would actually view her as a slut being honest. I wouldnt want to be involved with her in any sexual or romantic way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Yes

Sure everyone has a past. Thats ok. But honestly if a woman told me she had slept with over 100 men in say, for example, the last 7 years? I would be instantly turned off.

STD risk-factor... not to mention, I would actually view her as a slut being honest. I wouldnt want to be involved with her in any sexual or romantic way.

I would call a man a slut under the same circumstance though... equal opportunities and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

I had sex once! Never again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

shalalala wrote: »
    I would call a man a slut under the same circumstance though... equal opportunities and all that.

I firmly believe that if a man can deem a woman a slut for her excessive sexual history a woman has the same right to call a man something. Be it man whore or what be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

I'm a 21 y/o male. In the past 9 or 10 months I've have had 4. All bar one were casual. Am I a slut?

I suppose, ultimately, the only number that really matters is the number they've slept with since you got married to them, and even then there are exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't see people as being slutty unless they are selling themselves for sex.

I don't see why we should judge people for having consensual sex, if nobody is being hurt by doing so.

Single person hooks up with 20 other single people in a month? More power to him/her.

A lot of people really do like to slut-shame.

If a man or a woman as lots of sex, who am I to call them a slut? Cheating, participating in a sexual relationship when you know the other person is cheating on their partner, selling your body, I'd consider those a bit slutty. Having lots of fun, casual sex? Not a chance. Fair play to people who do it.

Also, I'm 23 and have only slept with 4 people, none of whom were casual, 3 of whom were long-ish term (more than a year and a half each) relationships. I don't feel that I would like casual sex, so I don't do it. But I totally respect people who do. I don't see the point in thinking people are 'slutty' for sleeping around, if they're not hurting anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Ive just entered late twenties now but firmly believe in not settling down until Im at least 30.

So I've been out there having fun all through my twenties, travelling the globe and tasting all walks of life before the inevitable settling down occurs.

Would never mention how many partners I've had but the memories are mine forever and when I am old and haggared it will be great to recall some of the people I've seen along the way and wonder where the hell they are in life !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

I saw research results somewhere recently that said that men who married a woman who had more sexual partners than them ended up having more fulfilling sex lives.

If you judge a woman on the number of people she's been with rather than the type of person she is, your an idiot in my book. An idiot who will probably end up some up tight sexually repressed prude!

If your biggest fear is STDs, you really should both be having check-ups regularly regardless of numbers anyway, which should be able to determine whether there is anything to worry about.

Anyway, I say the more (safe) sex the merrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

id rather do 5 8/10s than 8 5/10s

Quality before quantity lads!!

ps: Theres no such thing as a 10/10

What if you pull a reverse Spinal Tap, and make 8 10, so then 9 can be 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Make the most of it when your young. No one ever repented on their death bed, "i wish i had less sex".

Unless they are dying from aids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Dunno, the first time for me was *too* much. But if that's what you're into. OP you seem to be the sexual opposite of me.

Now I know for a fact you can have too much cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm in my mid-twenties and actually, quite sadly, kinda hope my current partner is my last :o

Some of my friends are still virgins, some of the lads I know have slept with over 50 people.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

1ZRed wrote: »
    I prefer fuckbuddies if that's what you mean. Relationships can be a lot of work when all you want sometimes is a mate to ride.

No they dont have to be !! they are great, when you cut out the Drama and BS.. if you find you're relationship's are full of Drama etc you need to look at the types of guys/ girls you are dating ...

+1 on this one ..
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I don't see people as being slutty unless they are selling themselves for sex.

I only do this mid week tbh, and only as you're taking up my time then !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

is it bad if you've genuinely lost count? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

I always think its crazy that people get all weird if you have over 20 partners. As a matter of fact I reckon anyone who denies having over say 10 is probably lieing.

Most people start messing around at teen discos when your 14 or 15. And then meeting up in town at weekends and during the long summer holidays and experimenting with drinking/smoking/girls etc even if you weren't the most good looking person you could still get 2 or 3 encounters a year. But lets say you were unbelievably socially retarded and only managed to pull once a year from 14-18 thats 4 people already.

Once 18 hits and you start with night clubs/college and your weekends starting on Thursday and ending on Monday morning you could easily get one encounter per weekend. Easily.

But lets say you still only managed to get 1 encounter a year. From 18 to mid 20's thats another 8 on top of the 4 you already had. And lets just suppose one of these encounters turned into a 5 year relationship and you didnt cheat at all- your still looking at a minimum of 7 partners.

But the thing is, some of us arent that socially retarded that we can only manage to get 1 encounter per year. And some of us are raging with testosterone and up for casual fun all the time and thats when you really start looking at 20+ partners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Why do people count their partners?

I can understand for the first few, but once you hit double digits what's the point in counting, just keep it safe & dirty and have fun!

Mike87 wrote: »
    I always think its crazy that people get all weird if you have over 20 partners. As a matter of fact I reckon anyone who denies having over say 10 is probably lieing.

Most people start messing around at teen discos when your 14 or 15. And then meeting up in town at weekends and during the long summer holidays and experimenting with drinking/smoking/girls etc even if you weren't the most good looking person you could still get 2 or 3 encounters a year. But lets say you were unbelievably socially retarded and only managed to pull once a year from 14-18 thats 4 people already.

Once 18 hits and you start with night clubs/college and your weekends starting on Thursday and ending on Monday morning you could easily get one encounter per weekend. Easily.

But lets say you still only managed to get 1 encounter a year. From 18 to mid 20's thats another 8 on top of the 4 you already had. And lets just suppose one of these encounters turned into a 5 year relationship and you didnt cheat at all- your still looking at a minimum of 7 partners.

But the thing is, some of us arent that socially retarded that we can only manage to get 1 encounter per year. And some of us are raging with testosterone and up for casual fun all the time and thats when you really start looking at 20+ partners.

Do you not think you're being equally as judgemental as those who say 20 is too many?

I mean I wouldn't be prudish from any perspective, but nor did I sleep with everyone I had the chance to sleep with. I don't think that makes me socially retarded :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Ask someone in college that is sociable the topic and you will be amazed at the amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If your worried about looking slutty then don't tell people how many sexual partners you've had. Simple.

Do you not think you're being equally as judgemental as those who say 20 is too many?

I mean I wouldn't be prudish from any perspective, but nor did I sleep with everyone I had the chance to sleep with. I don't think that makes me socially retarded :confused:

No, not at all. More power to you. I have a lot of respect for a person who could do it. Similar to how I would have a lot of respect for a student who goes home and studies for hours every night- Id be slow to believe that they actually do it- but once I was sure they weren't lieing to me then I would hold them in great esteem.

No, not at all. More power to you. I have a lot of respect for a person who could do it. Similar to how I would have a lot of respect for a student who goes home and studies for hours every night- Id be slow to believe that they actually do it- but once I was sure they weren't lieing to me then I would hold them in great esteem.

I am, indeed, socially retarded. I'm short, rake-thin and have a pretty crappy personality. I can count the chicks I've slept with on one hand. You are still a judgemental asshat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Does that mean that people who ended up in long-term relationships are socially retarded?

Haha the thing is that I wouldn't WANT to be held in high esteem. I didn't make the choices based on what other people would think. God knows I've done some very shameful things and chalked them up as experience!

I only slept with people I was either mad about, or in a couple of instances just solidly attracted to. At the end of the day, I slept with who I wanted to sleep with (bar a mistake, cough cough) but it's a personal choice that reflects my attitude to sex. Someones number wouldn't really bother me once they didn't have an awful attitude about it.

• Advertisement

Did you not just sleep with me over in the AH beer's thread a few mins ago ?

Ohh no my bad .. you replied to me ... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you not just sleep with me over in the AH beer's thread a few mins ago ?

Ohh no my bad .. you replied to me ... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah I missed my chance coz I'm socially retarded :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I've slept with the good, the bad and the ugly. The divine, the desperate and the deluded. I've wrestled with bedroom demons and slept in the bosoms of angels. I've been dominated and domineering, I've had the angry and the soulful. I've experienced so much but still enjoy the mysteries.

No regrets, whatsoever.

old hippy wrote: »
    I've slept with the good, the bad and the ugly. The divine, the desperate and the deluded. I've wrestled with bedroom demons and slept in the bosoms of angels. I've been dominated and domineering, I've had the angry and the soulful. I've experienced so much but still enjoy the mysteries.

No regrets, whatsoever.

I dutch ovened a chick. It was hilarious.

Ah I missed my chance coz I'm socially retarded :pac:

I only offer that service on Wednesday evening... and there's a small administration fee ..

I only slept with people I was either mad about, or in a couple of instances just solidly attracted to. At the end of the day, I slept with who I wanted to sleep with (bar a mistake, cough cough) but it's a personal choice that reflects my attitude to sex.

Well if that's the truth then Ive a lot of respect for that. I think you should be proud. Not too many people these days can say that.

For me, Im not so good when it comes to temptation :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Not everyone takes what's offered.

I'm far from socially retarded (lots of friends, great social life, etc), but I've slept with 4 people and am 23. I've done that by choice. If I took it every time it was offered, I'd probably be like the other people who are passing the 20 mark, but I chose not to because not everyone jumps at sex on a plate, shockingly enough. :rolleyes:

Oh and I had sex for the first time at 17, which means by your reckoning, averaging out at less than one sexual partner a year, I'm more socially comatose than socially retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Theres been threads before circling this issue, and I've always said the same thing. If you're single and like being that way, then you're entitled to do as you please (sensibly).

I've never been single for long enough to sleep around, I don't think I could anyway. I personally don't see the sense of it, I just don't like the idea of sleeping with a string of strangers. Again, thats just me, and each to their own and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Abi wrote: »
    I personally don't see the sense of it, I just don't like the idea of sleeping with a string of strangers.

Because its fun, so my mates tell me.

I had sex once, it was nice.

• Advertisement

Because its fun, so my mates tell me.

I had sex once, it was nice.

And you were brilliant at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You never called.

It would seem that a woman can, and men can't.

You never called.

I have dyscalculia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

Agree that there shouldn't be double standards. Any lad that was hooking up with randomers fairly often, i'd see him as completely untrustworthy and would so stay away.

It would seem that a woman can, and men can't.

Yes they can, they are also sluts.

• Advertisement

Yes they can, they are also sluts.

Joe i know you're Bipolar but read it again.:D
    Women get branded sluts quicker than one of the lads!!!

Joe i know you're Bipolar but read it again.:D
    Women get branded sluts quicker than one of the lads!!!

And whose fault is that? If you've porked even ONE person out of wedlock, you're a slut!

Now I gotta go see my divorce lawyer, then we will continue the conversation.

And whose fault is that? If you've porked even ONE person out of wedlock, you're a slut!

Now I gotta go see my divorce lawyer, then we will continue the conversation.

Ohhh ... no shower's gonna wash this feeling away now ..

And whose fault is that? .

Madonna:confused:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Not everyone takes what's offered.

If I took it every time it was offered, I'd probably be like the other people who are passing the 20 mark, but I chose not to because not everyone jumps at sex on a plate, shockingly enough. :rolleyes:

When did I ever say I take everything thats offered..?? :rolleyes:

I started bobybuilding around 14/15 and worked as a male stripper during my early 20's. If I took everything that was offered to me I would have lost count years ago.

As it stands Ive had between 30 to 40 girls (that includes relationships, ONS and friends with benefits) which overall works out at 3-4 girls a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement