Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you have *too* many sexual partners?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

The lad was a model, bodybuilder and steroid user who died from heart defect at 22.

He was great. He came to fame by trolling the **** out of bodybuilding.com.
    He made videos acting like a complete "douche".
    But he was nothing like his persona in reality.

Your completely missing the point. I just used him as an example and asked who do you think college girls in a nightclub would go for quicker... him or the guy with the mustache. Instead your taking to attacking the guy saying that he was making money on his image and that he took roids. Yeh. So what. I didnt ask was he a model citizen. Your missing/ignoring my point.

You're right though. You can be awful looking and do lots of weight and running and still look terrible.
    True bodybuiling is not about looking good. Most pro bodybuilders realise that it's a look that a lot of women just don't want.

The idea that bodybuilding will get you women is retarded.
    It's more about self esteem issues.

Im not suggesting you go out and build up like a pro bodybuilder. Most girls dont go for that. Im saying aim for a body like this

http://instinctmagazine.com/images/stories/blogs/jhigbee/july2011/beachbody1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to improve yourself or make an effort. I do weight training and keep fit, but I don't think that has made any difference with the women. I'd like to think its more about personality.

As teddy said, a lot of women don't like that muscular look anyway. It seems a lot of people are going to extreme efforts to get laid and missing out on the important stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mike87 wrote: »
    who do you think college girls in a nightclub would go for quicker... him or the guy with the mustache.
    What is your obsession with "college girls"? very odd indeed. Plus educated women, university educated or no, would be more likely to go for Mr Tache, rather than some permatanned himbo.

Im not suggesting you go out and build up like a pro bodybuilder. Most girls dont go for that. Im saying aim for a body like this

http://instinctmagazine.com/images/stories/blogs/jhigbee/july2011/beachbody1.jpg
    Eh you're either... ah no.must not be unkind... Very very very few men would be able to get to that level of muscle definition without incredible genetics, huge work in the gym and drugs.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

But this is Ireland. Women tend to hate extreme vanity in men.

Well maybe you should go around all the colleges and tell the girls that.... :D

Especially if you're going to be taking longer than her to get ready for going out.

How long do you think it takes me to get ready? Quick shower, shave, gel in the hair, put on some clothes. Can be ready to go in under half an hour...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Are we setting up casting calls for Tallaghtfornia or some such. And again with the "college girls":confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I know me and my friends, college girls, hate that muscular look.

I much prefer a man to have a bit of a beer belly. It's not just the getting ready, its the whole image taking up time.

By all means look after yourself, but I personally wouldn't look twice at a guy that looked like that. A stylist for your hair? Just go to the bloody barbers and get a crappy haircut like every other man, gives you something to moan about.

Wibbs wrote: »
    What is your obsession with "college girls"? very odd indeed.

The idea of the thread is to clock up as many sexual partners as possible. College girls... (which Im kinda using as an umbrella term for any/all girls under say 22/23). Just so happen to go be handiest way to clock up numbers fast once your goodlooking.

Like I said before, once you start going for women in mid 20's or older thats when looks dont cut it anymore. But apparantly Im lying. Apparantly college girls in nightclubs are very interested in a mans personality and very seldom (if ever) kiss a man based on his looks.

I think Im going to log off and see about working on my personality... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Women in their 30's is where it's at, young fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Wibbs wrote: »
    Are we setting up casting calls for Tallaghtfornia or some such. And again with the "college girls":confused:
    This.

I don't know anyone woman who would chose that caricature Mike87 thinks is the ideal.

Mauzo is correct, we would just laugh. It's been a few years since I was a college girl though :D. I assume the '87' refers to Mike's year of birth, making him 24 or 25. I picture him hanging around the campus of various colleges and frequenting student socials ....................

mauzo wrote: »
    I know me and my friends, college girls, hate that muscular look.

I much prefer a man to have a bit of a beer belly. It's not just the getting ready, its the whole image taking up time.

By all means look after yourself, but I personally wouldn't look twice at a guy that looked like that. A stylist for your hair? Just go to the bloody barbers and get a crappy haircut like every other man, gives you something to moan about.

Btw, a lot of college girls :P like a rugged manly look. Stubble, scruffy hair, I just threw these work clothes on type thing.

• Advertisement

=I assume the '87' refers to Mike's year of birth, making him 24 or 25.

I wish I was 24 again :D:)
    87 is the number on my ice hockey jersey :p

Btw, a lot of college girls :P like a rugged manly look. Stubble, scruffy hair, I just threw these work clothes on type thing.

Maybe that's why I'm having no luck. Here's me thinking taned and toned was the way to go. Should I sack my stylist now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

[QUOTE=Mike87;80668713]The idea of the thread is to clock up as many sexual partners as possible. College girls... (which Im kinda using as an umbrella term for any/all girls under say 22/23). Just so happen to go be handiest way to clock up numbers fast once your goodlooking.

Like I said before, once you start going for women in mid 20's or older thats when looks dont cut it anymore. But apparantly Im lying. Apparantly college girls in nightclubs are very interested in a mans personality and very seldom (if ever) kiss a man based on his looks.

I think Im going to log off and see about working on my personality... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    No, it's discussion on weather or not you can have "too many" sexual partners.
    Looks actually don't really come into it.

But your point about having the "beach body".
    Unless you're on a beach in a hot climate, the girl is not going to see your body before you starting chatting to each other.
    Sure she'll have an idea.
    But she'll be judging primarily on your face and personality (confidence, body language ect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've heard people having different opinions on this saying 20 sexual partners was too high for a young person in their early 20s and some have said that 7 would be seen as too high. This is a subjective topic after all so that's ok.

Considering you were out and you managed to be successful, it was all for the laugh, mutual and respectful, you could knock up a lot of notches on your belt fairly quickly over time.

I don't really know how many people is "too many" given your age, but if you were to get with let's say, 10 people in 3 months (bairing in mind it's just harmless good fun) would that be seen as "socially sleazy"?

I'm not talking about actively persueing sex, but if it happens to come about with right person and it's in good nature, and these people aren't the "always for the ride types", is that still slightly looked down on or just seen as alright and harmless behaviour?

I think if you're not the sleazy or easy type and are respectful and just up for a bit of mutual fun with other young people when it arises, you can't have too many sexual partners really.
    Am I wrong?:P
    Another of your gay threads... :rolleyes: Grow up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Don't think I've ever seen so much crap in my life.

If you commit yourself to the "douchebag" (for want of a better word) approach; tanning, BBuilding and teeth whitening, you may score but they will all be IDIOTS. Idiots flock to each other and do stupid **** like sleep with random posers. Good for you Mike.

Thing is, what you don't realise is that you are trapped in this attitude and you will never get out. You will have lots of "fun" and never know real happiness. I have mates who are the same and by the time they hit 30 they suddenly realise they will never have a girlfriend let alone wife and will die lonely and smelling of booze. Good luck with that Mike.

And before you ask, I don't know how many I've slept with. I never counted. Certainly more than 50. But it was NEVER sleazy and schmoozy like you see it (flocking to you on the dance floor? Wow), I just went out and had fun talking to people and met some really class girls. Had a few long term relationships and eventually met a ridiculously stunning, ridiculously sound, one in a million girl who I will never let go of.

If there are any idiots out there thinking that Mikes advice is worth anything, think again. Tell you what, the best way I've found to find girls is to not look for any. You don't realise how wierd and tense you look standing there looking round at girls. No-one wants to talk to anyone who is not relaxed and fun. Set yourself up to not find or meet anyone for the next year, focus on something else like your career, and see what happens. Ignore everyone else in the pub/club. If your attitude is not one of desperation you are instantly a much more attractive prospect to any girl. And you might even enjoy going out and actually having the craic rather than focussing on everyone else in the place.

No, it's discussion on weather or not you can have "too many" sexual partners.

Ok granted thats how it started out. But then I said, even the most socially awkward person should be able to get 1 girl a year. And following that logic its not hard for someone to clock up 10-20 girls over a 10 period.

But I was bull****ting and lieing apparently and acting like a stud.

Then I started pointing out that if a person looks after themselves and keeps a good image then that will help them get maybe more than 1 girl a year if they were going to nightclubs.

But that was more lies.

Apparently college girls in clubs are interested in your personality. Which is a kind of confusing me now because I have plenty of mates with great personalities who just cant seem to get laid in a club... I guess they need to grow some mustaches or something.

But your point about having the "beach body".
    Unless you're on a beach in a hot climate, the girl is not going to see your body before you starting chatting to each other.

Thats why you get tight fitting tees. They mightened show up your abs too well, but the girls will see your biceps and lats and get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I wish I was 24 again :D:)
    87 is the number on my ice hockey jersey :p

So are you in your 30's, 40's? And chasing college girls aged 18 to early 20's?

Ok granted thats how it started out. But then I said, even the most socially awkward person should be able to get 1 girl a year. And following that logic its not hard for someone to clock up 10-20 girls over a 10 period.

But I was bull****ting and lieing apparently and acting like a stud.

Then I started pointing out that if a person looks after themselves and keeps a good image then that will help them get maybe more than 1 girl a year if they were going to nightclubs.

But that was more lies.

Apparently college girls in clubs are interested in your personality. Which is a kind of confusing me now because I have plenty of mates with great personalities who just cant seem to get laid in a club... I guess they need to grow some mustaches or something.

Thats why you get tight fitting tees. They mightened show up your abs too well, but the girls will see your biceps and lats and get the idea.
    Why did you knowingly consistently lie throughout the thread?:confused:

Again, do looks really come into this. There's women out there who will sleep with almost anyone, just like their are men.

But yes, a fit man will probably more attractive to a woman than a obese man...

If you commit yourself to the "douchebag" (for want of a better word) approach; tanning, BBuilding and teeth whitening, you may score but they will all be IDIOTS. Idiots flock to each other and do stupid **** like sleep with random posers. Good for you Mike.

Thing is, what you don't realise is that you are trapped in this attitude and you will never get out. You will have lots of "fun" and never know real happiness. I have mates who are the same and by the time they hit 30 they suddenly realise they will never have a girlfriend let alone wife and will die lonely and smelling of booze. Good luck with that Mike.

And before you ask, I don't know how many I've slept with. I never counted. Certainly more than 50. But it was NEVER sleazy and schmoozy like you see it (flocking to you on the dance floor? Wow), I just went out and had fun talking to people and met some really class girls. Had a few long term relationships and eventually met a ridiculously stunning, ridiculously sound, one in a million girl who I will never let go of.

If there are any idiots out there thinking that Mikes advice is worth anything, think again. Tell you what, the best way I've found to find girls is to not look for any. You don't realise how wierd and tense you look standing there looking round at girls. No-one wants to talk to anyone who is not relaxed and fun. Set yourself up to not find or meet anyone for the next year, focus on something else like your career, and see what happens. Ignore everyone else in the pub/club. If your attitude is not one of desperation you are instantly a much more attractive prospect to any girl. And you might even enjoy going out and actually having the craic rather than focussing on everyone else in the place.

Oh really. Im trapped. I stand in nightclubs posing and getting off with strangers. Im never going to have a gf or a wife. Im going to die stinking of drink..... :rolleyes:

Im sure you'll be delighted to know that during my teens and early 20's I did a lot of partying. But then I settled down around mid 20's. And now Im in my late 20's and about to be a father.

I agree with most of this except for the last paragraph. You're not going to meet anyone if you don't get out there and make an effort. Now you can easily spot someone who tries too hard, but it does still require a bit of courtship on the man's part. While I don't agree with Mikes advice, its not as simple as NOT looking for girls.

• Advertisement

Oh really. Im trapped. I stand in nightclubs posing and getting off with strangers. Im never going to have a gf or a wife. Im going to die stinking of drink..... :rolleyes:

Im sure you'll be delighted to know that during my teens and early 20's I did a lot of partying. But then I settled down around mid 20's. And now Im in my late 20's and about to be a father.

Come back to me in 10 years.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I agree with most of this except for the last paragraph. You're not going to meet anyone if you don't get out there and make an effort. Now you can easily spot someone who tries too hard, but it does still require a bit of courtship on the man's part. While I don't agree with Mikes advice, its not as simple as NOT looking for girls.

Actually it's a good place to start. Sure, you can't just hole up, but, guys tend to put pressure on themselves when out and getting rid of that pressure is literally the #1 best thing they can do.

So not looking for girls actually works wonders. Assuming you can talk to people you are not looking to ride in the process. And that comes hand in hand with not looking for girls.

So are you in your 30's, 40's? And chasing college girls aged 18 to early 20's?

Are you intentionally trying to stir up crap or something. When did I ever say I chase after college girls? Go away troll.

EDIT: If you took the time to read what was going on this thread, youd have a very good idea of what age I am. And its younger than 30 and 40.

Come back to me in 10 years.

:rolleyes:

Actually it's a good place to start. Sure, you can't just hole up, but, guys tend to put pressure on themselves when out and getting rid of that pressure is literally the #1 best thing they can do.

So not looking for girls actually works wonders. Assuming you can talk to people you are not looking to ride in the process. And that comes hand in hand with not looking for girls.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. It's good to just get out there and have a good time without putting pressure on yourself. However looks play a big part. Some guys don't need to try. The women just come to them. For others however, it requires a bit more effort because they may not be as attractive or simply don't have a good social life. Hence why so many people try online dating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I just think it's sad how shallow and self absorbed people have become socially. I know looks are important but it's a bit much how obsessed people are with the way they look and the way others look. So called beautiful looking people are almost unapproachable in a club or whatnot. Just up their own ass because of the way they look, it's kinda sad. And then you have people who don't feel they stack up socially and are changing themselves physically and personally whilst not been true to themselves. The Universe doesn't revolve around one single person, you are not that special... so chill the fook out and enjoy the time you have here weather you look like the back of a minibus or a bunch of roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Kissing someone and sleeping with them are HARDLY the same thing.

You must be doing it wrong :pac:

This thread hurts my face now .... +1 to my list tho .. .time for breaky now ..

Tell you what. I know it and you know it, but for everyone elses benefit, do you ever dip the wick?

Ever miss the good old days when you didn't know who you were going home with? The attention of some randomer. Ever sneak off for a bit on the side?

If not now you will. Seen it all before.

I would say that everyone can eventually acquire wisdom and settling down is very possible even for the greatest of douchebags. But from the look of your posts you haven't acquired that wisdom yet. Hence I say, if not now, you will.

But yes, a fit man will probably more attractive to a woman than a obese man...

At least someone agrees with me... :D

• Advertisement

Tell you what. I know it and you know it, but for everyone elses benefit, do you ever dip the wick?

Ever miss the good old days when you didn't know who you were going home with? The attention of some randomer. Ever sneak off for a bit on the side?

I would say that everyone can eventually acquire wisdom and settling down is very possible even for the greatest of douchebags. But from the look of your posts you haven't acquired that wisdom yet. Hence I say, if not now, you will.

Bit patronizing...and rude.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. It's good to just get out there and have a good time without putting pressure on yourself. However looks play a big part. Some guys don't need to try. The women just come to them. For others however, it requires a bit more effort because they may not be as attractive or simply don't have a good social life. Hence why so many people try online dating.

That depends on what you are looking for. If you want to sleep with hotties just for the sake of it then by all means. But in my experience, hotties that are worth anything in terms of personality are few and far between. And the ones with personality are not looking for ripped abs.

You see, there is a growing layer of people who are overly obsessed with their appearance and the best thing to do is let them to it. What everyone should be aiming for is finding people not part of the "I love me, do you also love me?" crowd. From experience again, steer clear like the plague. Looks are not everything and overly good looks can quite often can be a sign of something really ugly.

Everyone eventually ends up with a friend, not a trophy.

Yeah you're right. I've just seen too many mates go this route and it annoys me.

I'm out.

Have fun kids.

Yeah you're right. I've just seen too many mates go this route and it annoys me.

I'm out.

Have fun kids.

I see you stopped being patronizing then....

I see you stopped being patronizing then....

Right again.

Sorry. Just a serious pet hate for me.

Anyway.

Well, you say you've had more then 50 girls.... that's a lot more than Ive ever had. So you being the more experienced man I'll take your word.

But for now, nope. Im settled down, looking forward to being a father and dont go after randomers the way I might have back when I was teenager.

• Advertisement

still, with the missus being 21 i guess you're still after "college girls" at heart

bluewolf wrote: »
    still, with the missus being 21 i guess you're still after "college girls" at heart

Please tell me what exactly this has to do with anything..??

Is it suddenly a crime if theres a 4-5 year age gap between you and your partner? Or are you just trying to make something out of nothing?

And "still after".. perhaps you can use those great detective skills of yours to show me where in this thread I said I was EVER after college girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That depends on what you are looking for. If you want to sleep with hotties just for the sake of it then by all means. But in my experience, hotties that are worth anything in terms of personality are few and far between. And the ones with personality are not looking for ripped abs.

You see, there is a growing layer of people who are overly obsessed with their appearance and the best thing to do is let them to it. What everyone should be aiming for is finding people not part of the "I love me, do you also love me?" crowd. From experience again, steer clear like the plague. Looks are not everything and overly good looks can quite often can be a sign of something really ugly.

Everyone eventually ends up with a friend, not a trophy.

Alright I can't speak for how all really good looking people are personality wise, but the most attractive person I was with (and I was punching way above my weight here) was a nice person but had flaws just like anyone else. He was kind of arrogant, possessive, untrusting and had a lot of insecurities despite being as good looking as he was. Now all this made him very unattractive from the inside out to me and I just couldn't look passed his other flaws to see him as good looking any more.

Now, I'm into masculinity but that's more a mind set more so than appearance, so I'm very much swayed by how their personality is because they can become unattractive to me if I don't see them as my type and they are not masculine enough for me despite being as hot as anything.
    That would make me someone who actually looks at personality but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't take physical attractiveness into play. It's only human nature to do that and want an attractive person, but I do take personality into consideration so I'm not a completely shallow person either.

I don't think you're a 100% right about attractive people not having anything substantial personality wise because I think so so many people are trying to improve themselves and are becoming more attractive. These people still have good normal personalities so I don't like to paint all attractive people with the same brush and call them ugly on the inside. It's just a generalisation, and until I were to get to know that person, I won't be quick to make that call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

RumDrinker wrote: »
    Another of your gay threads... :rolleyes: Grow up man.

I haven't mentioned the word "gay" or deliberately hinted that about myself at all in my posts. This thread has nothing to do with which hole I like to fuck, but if you still like to wonder that about me and think it over in your head, that's fine with me.

But if you have problem for no reason, piss off with it would you.

Aw Mike87 you shouldn't have closed your account.
    Don't take anything personally. People agree and disagree on lots of things.
    People who agree 100% with me on a thread might think my opinion on something else is ridiculous (quite probable!).
    Anyway, goodnight sweet prince...

• Advertisement

Jeez, I didn't mean to make him close his account :(
    Why do people keep doing that after talking to me *sniff*

Actually I find the college girls to be the most unfriendly and hostile on a night out. I find the over 25's to be more approachable and polite.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Jeez, I didn't mean to make him close his account :(
    Why do people keep doing that after talking to me *sniff*

Haha you're the boards bully ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

This thread has inspired me to go slap on some fake tan, put highlights in my hair, head to the gym, get some tight fitting clothes and go pick up a man tonight.

But not really. Actually, I'll just have a few drinks, talk to all of my mates, dance in the club, get more drink, go home happy and single. :3

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Actually, I'll just have a few drinks, talk to all of my mates, dance in the club, get more drink, go home happy and single. :3

From my experience this is what most girls want to do on a night out. Just dance and have a good time with their mates, which makes me wonder where all these slutty women are, who are riding everyone? :confused:

Did we collectively cyber bully Mike87.

Did we drive him to commit account closure?

These are the questions the Daily Mail would be asking.

Actually, I'll just have a few drinks, talk to all of my mates, dance in the club, get more drink, go home happy and single. :3

From my experience this is what most girls want to do on a night out. Just dance and have a good time with their mates, which makes me wonder where all these slutty women are, who are riding everyone? :confused:

O/

YOO HOO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

1ZRed wrote: »
    I haven't mentioned the word "gay" or deliberately hinted that about myself at all in my posts. This thread has nothing to do with which hole I like to fuck, but if you still like to wonder that about me and think it over in your head, that's fine with me.

But if you have problem for no reason, piss off with it would you.
    Chill man... Chill. I don't get pissed off over things I don't give a toss about. And I have nothing against gay and all that. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings in any way :)

It's just it kinda hit me, another thread from you, with another sexual/gay relationship problems in AH. Same silly sexual "issues" being judged by the most incompetent crowd ever. What was the last time? Your male mate has fallen in love with you after you shagged him, hasn't he?

I repeat, grow up lad.

And chill. It's a nice day out there, get a bit of sun and perhaps a sip of something stronger ;)

Over&out. I'm fecking off, peace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

It's the quiet one's you need to watch for ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

But not really. Actually, I'll just have a few drinks, talk to all of my mates, dance in the club, get more drink, go home happy and single. :3

You're not happy bring single.

• Advertisement
Advertisement