Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you have *too* many sexual partners?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

discus wrote: »
    You're not happy bring single.

How do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Nah I think girls are fascinating creatures. One doesnt do it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

discus wrote: »
    You're not happy bring single.

Lol, that's quite an assumption to make. Care to base it on anything? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

mauzo wrote: »
    I know me and my friends, college girls, hate that muscular look.

I much prefer a man to have a bit of a beer belly. It's not just the getting ready, its the whole image taking up time.

By all means look after yourself, but I personally wouldn't look twice at a guy that looked like that. A stylist for your hair? Just go to the bloody barbers and get a crappy haircut like every other man, gives you something to moan about.

My cousin actually goes to some professional to get his hair done. He's by no means a stuck up guy at all, quite the opposite but he said it takes over an hour to get his short hair cut! It looks pretty cool I must admit, but I'm thinking 10 minutes at Fat Tony's would get me something not far off it for €13. So I don't get the appeal.

You forgot stubble and a bit of hair in that post btw :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

There I was thinking this thread was just having the craic, How did it turn to ****?

mod

Grow up lad? Only people who need to mature trot that ould chestnut out. Dont post in this thread again or address him like that in future. We call it baiting around these parts.

Fair warning

RumDrinker wrote: »
    Another of your gay threads... :rolleyes: Grow up man.
    Chill man... Chill. I don't get pissed off over things I don't give a toss about. And I have nothing against gay and all that. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings in any way :)

It's just it kinda hit me, another thread from you, with another sexual/gay relationship problems in AH. Same silly sexual "issues" being judged by the most incompetent crowd ever. What was the last time? Your male mate has fallen in love with you after you shagged him, hasn't he?

I repeat, grow up lad.

And chill. It's a nice day out there, get a bit of sun and perhaps a sip of something stronger ;)

Over&out. I'm fecking off, peace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

Dont post in this thread again
    For a bit different approach and expressing my opinion "Don't post in this thread"..?

Joke.

Sure go ahead and ban me for good from AH if this is the way it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

For a bit different approach and expressing my opinion "Don't post in this thread"..?

Joke.

As you wish.

Joke.

But it's a bit pointless, should I pretend I don't have any sort of orientation just because you don't like to hear about it?

Lads here are free go talk about getting with whatever amount of girls and doing what they like to them, whether that's posting about it or making a thread about something along those lines. I'll do the same if I like. Just because I get with guys shouldn't matter because I couldn't give a fuck either way.
    My sexuality is nothing special to me but obviously it must be to you it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

No such thing as too many sexual partners, once you're happy & safe. That applies to both genders.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

1ZRed wrote: »
    But it's a bit pointless, should I pretend I don't have any sort of orientation just because you don't like to hear about it?

Lads here are free go talk about getting with whatever amount of girls and doing what they like to them, whether that's posting about it or making a thread about something along those lines. I'll do the same if I like. Just because I get with guys shouldn't matter because I couldn't give a fuck either way.
    My sexuality is nothing special to me but obviously it must be to you it seems.

Guess he didn't like your "different approach" ;)

Revel in the multitudes and diversity; life's too short, dammit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

So do many of you actually go out with the intention of having a ONS, or do you just go out and see what happens? Most women I encounter on a night out are only out to dance and have the craic with their mates. Maybe Im going to the wrong places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

I don't necessarily go looking for a ONS or make scoring my be all and end all, but if I'm out on a night out I would generally go out with the hope (rather than expectation) of scoring.

If it happens, great. If not, I wouldn't be too bothered either.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    So do many of you actually go out with the intention of having a ONS, or do you just go out and see what happens? Most women I encounter on a night out are only out to dance and have the craic with their mates. Maybe Im going to the wrong places.

I used to go out with the intention or hope of meeting someone but it usually happened when I wasn't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

old hippy wrote: »
    I used to go out with the intention or hope of meeting someone but it usually happened when I wasn't...

If you are determined to score you can and will. Though the results will not be pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Does anyone want to knock boots?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

hmm...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80591573&postcount=247
    I wouldn't get personal about her appearance either. Shure I'm no oil painting myself with my beer belly and rabbit-like teeth.

:P

• bluewolf wrote: »
    Just over one guy a month?

You don't think 12 different guys in a year, consistently over a period of 7 years is a lot? I think it's loads and I'd think it strange that the person wasn't forming relationships of any duration.

You don't think 12 different guys in a year, consistently over a period of 7 years is a lot? I think it's loads and I'd think it strange that the person wasn't forming relationships of any duration.

Concern about someone forming relationships is a bit different to picking an arbitrary number and deciding someone is a slut if they breach this arbitrary number which averages out to once a month - not exactly out shagging different guys every weekend
    and even if they were, if they were safe about it who cares

Maybe they don't want one, maybe they don't want to settle for someone but still want sex
    /shrug

of course, the original poster doesn't have to be with someone for whatever reason, but i was surprised

• bluewolf wrote: »
    Concern about someone forming relationships is a bit different to picking an arbitrary number and deciding someone is a slut if they breach this arbitrary number which averages out to once a month - not exactly out shagging different guys every weekend
    and even if they were, if they were safe about it who cares

Maybe they don't want one, maybe they don't want to settle for someone but still want sex
    /shrug

of course, the original poster doesn't have to be with someone for whatever reason, but i was surprised

It's not about arbitrary numbers, but 12 partners a year is what some people consider excessive, regardless of the circumstances. I'm not a prude, but 12 is a lot to me.

Also, there's no such thing as safe sex. The more partners you have, the more you're exposing yourself to herpes, genital warts and various strains of high-risk HPV. I don't know why some people seem to think condoms are foolproof. Even when they don't break, there's plenty you can get regardless.

Well, some people do, and you're entitled to if you want. Like I said, I got a surprise. :)

• Advertisement

Why does riding feel so good, if it's so bad?

Why does riding feel so good, if it's so bad?

asks a poster called Bam Bam Mickey! :pac:

Well Mickey, when the birds and the bees and you're in love and, and...

Ahh screw this, Freddie said it better-

Understand now? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

How do you know what people want? Can you read minds?

Nahh, that's just what they tell HIM! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

If there's one expression i love it's this one !! And i use it on a daily basis ...

How's your day going bluewolf ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Ehh... I was asking the question DO people go out with the intention of having a ONS? I never said I knew what people want.

Different people want different things

old hippy wrote: »
    Different people want different things

Not me. I want the same things.

Ehh... I was asking the question DO people go out with the intention of having a ONS? I never said I knew what people want.

I don't, and I think so many have already answered your question here. I go out to have a laugh with my mates and new people. Whatever might happen is a bonus, if not, I've had a good time anyway.

It's always the guy that goes out saying "lads, I'm defo on the pull tonight" who usually ends up pulling himself by the end of it.

I must have made quite the impression on you with my incredible descriptive powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I used to know a girl who claimed to have slept with 60+ guys in just 3 years. she was only 19. Said she lost her virginity at 16. She also said she was with a guy for a year within those 3 years! :confused: I dont know if its true. But hey, its what she said.

I was disgusted :P Cause I was a few years older than her and couldnt help but think to myself "geez, whats the number going to be when shes my age? 250 or something?" - but not only that, when she was with this bloke for a year... did a few of those notches get made behind his back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I used to know a girl who claimed to have slept with 60+ guys in just 3 years. she was only 19. Said she lost her virginity at 16. She also said she was with a guy for a year within those 3 years! :confused: I dont know if its true. But hey, its what she said.

I was disgusted :P Cause I was a few years older than her and couldnt help but think to myself "geez, whats the number going to be when shes my age? 250 or something?" - but not only that, when she was with this bloke for a year... did a few of those notches get made behind his back?

I don't really see how having lots of sexual partners equates to potentially cheating on a partner.

Lots of people have a lot of casual sex, but would stay faithful to a partner, in fairness.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I don't really see how having lots of sexual partners equates to potentially cheating on a partner.

Lots of people have a lot of casual sex, but would stay faithful to a partner, in fairness.

Depends on the person tho.
    One might enter a relationship and never cheat. Another can still have an itch to sleep with different people.

Happens all the time. It shouldnt. Like if you are with someone stay with that someone. But some people just want the best of both worlds... to have a partner and do all the things with it (cinema, romantic nights in, whatever) but still want to go out at the weekends and sleep with other people. Behind the partners back of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Some people are happy with one partner others like ons and then some people like to have some extra marital fun on ocassion. If no one gets hurt what's the problem.
    I think more people would be happy if having a mistress or being a mistress was the norm.

Some people are happy with one partner others like ons and then some people like to have some extra marital fun on ocassion. If no one gets hurt what's the problem.
    I think more people would be happy if having a mistress or being a mistress was the norm.

So its alright for someone to cheat on their partner? :pac:
    erm... yeah. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

So its alright for someone to cheat on their partner? :pac:
    erm... yeah. lol.

It's up to everyone to live their lives in a way that makes them happy. People cheat all the time. What's not all right for you might be all right for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hightimes1

I think when you've got things growing on your penis/vagina you've had too many sexual partners. I mean its a pretty good indicator anyways,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Can I just ask, is having 2 sexual relationships and 2 one night stands (i.e. 4 sexual partners in total) in the space of one year considered bad/slutty? Also, I've had no sexual partners before those. But in the space of a year, is that many sexual partners considered bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Can I just ask, is having 2 sexual relationships and 2 one night stands (i.e. 4 sexual partners in total) in the space of one year considered bad/slutty? Also, I've had no sexual partners before those. But in the space of a year, is that many sexual partners considered bad?

I don't think so. Don't worry with the Girl Power generation it's very likely that your future wife or partner will have had many more conquests than you.

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I don't think so. Don't worry with the Girl Power generation it's very likely that your future wife or partner will have had many more conquests than you.

I prefer the word "oopses" over "conquests".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

pfffttt :P Yeah, no such thing I'm afraid. If somebody sleeps with somebody else when drunk it's still because they wanted to. Always hear that crap when somebody gets it off that it was because they were drunk..they were usually drunk so they could get off with somebody

Wompa1 wrote: »

pfffttt :P Yeah, no such thing I'm afraid. If somebody sleeps with somebody else when drunk it's still because they wanted to. Always hear that crap when somebody gets it off that it was because they were drunk..they were usually drunk so they could get off with somebody
    Wasn't drunk is any case though.

hightimes1 wrote: »
    I think when you've got things growing on your penis/vagina you've had too many sexual partners. I mean its a pretty good indicator anyways,

It's a good indicator of not being wise enough to take precautions, I reckon

Advertisement