Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

light bulbs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I would prefer if there was an incentive to get solar panels installed with a generator/battery. If I could get one of them for not prohibitively expensive, I would have it installed. I have a fair amount of area to hold it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

jester77 wrote: »
    Never mind your lightbulbs and candles, you will always be replacing them. What you need is a contraption that will save daylight during the day and then you let it back out slowing during the evening.
    Solar panels and batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Owen_S wrote: »
    Once upon a time incandescent bulbs lasted a lot longer than 10 years, but then some manufacturers decided to become greedy.

same goes for mobile phones, laptops, mp3 players, televisions, cars, etc. etc...

Quality of design/manufacture is getting worse and worse so we buy them more regularly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

antodeco wrote: »
    I have a bulb that is on nearly 7000 hours usage (avg 9 hours at night for the last 2 years, evey night).

Am i correct in thinking its better to leave a bulb on, then be switching it on and off, as that uses more power?

Well if you were turning it off just to turn it on again 2 mins later it'd be best leave it on. Reduces the life.

Advertisement