Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My iPhone is disabled for 22,429,380 minutes??

• 06-09-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

I turned on my iphone 4s, having not used it for about 2 weeks, to discover that it has been disable for 42 years?!

Has anybody had this problem before? 22,429,380 minutes seems like a bizarre amount of time to be disabled

do i have to restore it and will this definitely work?

PLEASE HELP as i do not want to buy a new iphone!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If the battery is removed from the phone or in your case left completely dead, the phone usually resets the date back to 01/01/1970 until it get an internet connection, if you then enter the passcode wrong instead of disabling the phone for 1 minute it disables it for 42years+1minute
    A restore will sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dylonator

thank you very very much, i don't know how it happened as i didn't enter the passcode wrong but with the 1970 information you provided me with i managed to connect my iphone to my wifi which set the date back right, meaning i do not have to lose my data, only problem was that i had to remove my 3 sim which it is now not recognizing and says that my phone is not allowed use this network, do you have any suggestions there? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Not allowed use this network is usually a blacklisted phone from my experience anyway

Advertisement