Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone overwhelmed by repeating LC?!

• 06-09-2012 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

I did my original leaving back around 11/12 years ago and really did put much effort into it.

So back again now and aiming for high points late 400's early 5.

I know it's only Sept but still have so much to do in one year from scratch essentially.
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be able for it and if I have taken on too much for the one year.!

Anyone go back after a long time and do leaving again?

I've been to college already so tech just out of study 5/6 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

Hey,

I did my Leaving in 2004, went to college from 2004-2008 and dossed until this year. I'm going to a grind school in Limerick starting Monday just cause I want a kick in the arse and partly because I would get nothing done at home.... I hope it's doable... my degree was science so I haven't forgotten everything! I just wished I studied since leaving uni, would make this year a bit easier! I'm being positive.... I know I can do it! Aiming for medicine so with this dreaded HPAT it's gonna be tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 life after school

As Yoppo is doing positive thinking is crucial.
    When it gets tough just remember why you are doing it and keep going.
    The road always is longest and most uncertain at the beginning after all.

You may wish to contact AONTAS which is the National Adult Education Organisation. They may know of groups that meet to discuss their efforts at and the challenges of taking the Leaving Certificate again.
    You can find their contact details at http://www.aontas.com/contact/
    It might help when the going gets tough of course you can just do as you are now and find people online.

Alternatively you could drop into one of the bigger libraries that run classes and see if any of them might be geared toward mature students returning to education.

Finally you could get in touch with some grinds teachers and ask for a meeting to discuss what is expected of you for each of your subjects. You don't need to take grinds with them just ask for a one off to make a study plan and get some advice.

Advertisement