Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what visa?

Options
  • 06-09-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm finished my apprenticeship as a hairdresser next July and I want to travel. My uncle lives in new york and can arrange a job for me over there.. my problem is I don't no what visa I'm looking for as I will be unemployed at the time I'm leaving. If anyone has any idea's that wud be great thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

I don't think there is a non-academic visa for temporary work, and for a permanent visa an uncle is too far.

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/visa-types-for-temporary-visitors.html
    http://dublin.usembassy.gov/family_based_immigrants.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

***Moving from now defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to USA forum, which now is for both travel/ holiday and immigration/ visa/ living questions***

There is no visa which suits you, as the USA has plenty of hairdessers and you cannot get a work visa; you can go visit on the visa waiver program for 90 days, but cannot work on that visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 purplerain1990

silja wrote: »
    ***Moving from now defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to USA forum, which now is for both travel/ holiday and immigration/ visa/ living questions***

There is no visa which suits you, as the USA has plenty of hairdessers and you cannot get a work visa; you can go visit on the visa waiver program for 90 days, but cannot work on that visa.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, this is my first time posting on this and I was more focusing on how to post.. its not necessarily hairdressing I want to do over there it could be anything, I just wanted the experience but I would need the working visa to be able to afford it. Looking like there isn't one possible so I'll have to try somewhere else :)

Advertisement