Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomond park to Cresent

• 06-09-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Went from thomond park to cresent shopping centre the other day, we took the tunnel, then first exit after tunnel and then in by South Court Hotel.
    It seemed much longer than expected after the motorway exit - was this a longwinded way to go?

Would we have been better taking the next exit and coming in by Roxboro?
    It was 5pm so presumed going through the city would have taken a long time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

You could have got off the at the second exit marked Roxboro and Cork and stayed in the right hand lane for Cork. Then get off at the next exit marked Dooradoyle. You come in 2 minutes from the crescent there. Probably the quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

I would have gone down Father Russel Rd as opposed to going up as far as the South Court. There are so many sets of lights from the South Court Roundabout down past the hospital to the xtra vision roundabout your bound to be stopped at least one set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

From Google. Driving directions to Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle Rd, Co. Limerick

Thomond Park Stadium, Cratloe Road
    Limerick, Co. Limerick
    1. Head northeast toward Old Cratloe Road
    47 m
    2. Exit the roundabout onto Cratloe Road
    500 m
    3. Turn right onto Shelbourne Road
    700 m
    4. Turn left onto Ennis Road
    900 m
    5. Continue onto Sarsfield Street
    110 m
    6. Turn right onto O'Connell Street
    750 m
    7. Continue onto O'Connell Avenue
    900 m
    8. Continue onto Ballinacurra Road
    1.3 km
    9. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Dooradoyle Road
    Destination will be on the left
    210 m

Crescent Shopping Centre
    Dooradoyle Rd, Co. Limerick

OR

Driving directions to Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle Rd, Co. Limerick

Thomond Park Stadium, Cratloe Road
    Limerick, Co. Limerick
    1. Head northeast toward Old Cratloe Road
    47 m
    2. Exit the roundabout onto Cratloe Road
    500 m
    3. Turn right onto Shelbourne Road
    700 m
    4. Continue onto Shelbourne Road Lower
    Go through 1 roundabout
    450 m
    5. Turn left onto O'Connell Avenue
    500 m
    6. At Shannonbridge Roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Dock Road/N69
    500 m
    7. Turn left onto St. Alphonsus Street
    300 m
    8. Continue onto St. Gerard Street
    100 m
    9. Turn right onto O'Connell Avenue
    750 m
    10. Continue onto Ballinacurra Road
    1.3 km
    11. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Dooradoyle Road
    Destination will be on the left

210 m

Crescent Shopping Centre
    Dooradoyle Rd, Co. Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I think it would be quicker to just go towards King Johns castle, Clare St, Dublin Rd, Childers Rd, left at the lights after Punches cross and youre there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

For home matches the OP is on the ball. Longer distance with a quicker journey time; provided you park on the Clare side of Thomond Park.

The quickest journey at any time of the day is:
    Hasset`s Cross - Sexton Street North.

Turn right at Ladbrokes -left at top of hill

Left again at The Strand Hotel

Over Sarsfield Bridge - Right hand lane at Sarsfield Street.

Turn right onto O`Connell Street

Continue directly past numerous junctions and traffic lights

As you reach the crest of the big bridge - engage left indicator - turn into the crescent about half way down the descent.

To exit the Crescent easily; continue to the car park closest to the Newest entrance (River Island and Next), exit the car park as directed. In my experience people who drive against the traffic signs hold themselves up for even longer.

If there is traffic you will get stopped at some traffic lights. However as a person living near Thomond Park and having worked at the Crescent for close to seven years; I am qualified to say that this is the quickest route. I have tried every possible route at every possible time.

I do not condone speeding, but at low level traffic it is possible to get from the Junction of Sarsfield Street/O`Connell Street with a green light for the entire way. A speed of 56 km/h needs to be maintained.

I have written to Limerick City Council on this matter, I have received no response. I requested that they adjust the traffic light timing to allow a person traveling at 48km/h an unimpeded journey from Patrick Street to Sperrins cross/junction at low to mid traffic levels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement