Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Experience Class

Options
  • 06-09-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has had experience applying for the Canadian Experience Class while on their IEC visa?

If they bring in the proposed changes, where the eligibility goes from 2 years to 1 year, I can see a lot of IEC'ers going for this option, I'll be one of them!

If you can't get a LMO - you can still apply right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

If you want to work while the CEC is in progress you will need an LMO so you can be on a TWP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

If you want to work while the CEC is in progress you will need an LMO so you can be on a TWP.

What if you already have a work permit? The IEC work permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Kimia wrote: »

What if you already have a work permit? The IEC work permit?

there is no requiremnt to have a work permit when you apply for the CEC but if you want to remain legally in Canada while it is being processed then you either need a valid work permit or a visitor visa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

IEC is not a work permit, it is a working holiday visa.
    If you have your application for CEC in, you can stay in the country, but are not allowed to work after the IEC visa expiration date.

(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭TedDiBiase

I applied for the CEC residency back in July after being on a 1 year USIT visa in 2009 and the getting sponsered. So far so good. Everything is getting processed the way it should be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement