Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purchasing an iPod Touch in the US

• 06-09-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I am going to the US in a few weeks and thought it might be an opportunity to pick up a few things.

My son is looking for an iPod Touch for Christmas. Can anyone recommend a store (Best Buy, etc) or a website that I might find good value in the US. I will be in Dallas for just 3 days. Ideally if I could pre-order before I hit the ground & have it delivered to where I am staying, would be brilliant.

Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.

Rgds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://store.apple.com/us
    they are $199usd(approx €160) vs €203 here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks Cathal.

That is a great saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

They should be the same price in any store. I got my 1st gen one in Target I think.
    They'll be a little dearer than the advertised price obviously when the tax is added on. But should still work out cheaper than buying here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

http://store.apple.com/us
    they are $199usd(approx €160) vs €203 here
    Dummy wrote: »
    Thanks Cathal.

That is a great saving.

Dont forget to add on local taxes which may be about €10. Also open it before returning home or you may be caught for customs charges on arrival if they search you, although you dont hear too much of this unless you bring home 180 of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Also might be worth keeping an eye out for Apples announcements on 12 September to see if there are any changes to the iPod lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Also might be worth keeping an eye out for Apples announcements on 12 September to see if there are any changes to the iPod lineup.

Yeah there's a high likelihood the iPod lineup will get an update. So if make sure you pick one of the newer models up. They'll be made available for purchase pretty quick if not instantly. iPod Touch could get a whole new revamp.

Advertisement