Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BB cheaper with landline

• 07-09-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there is a topic on this already, sorry if there is.

Anyway, today I got a phone call from UPC saying that if I bundled a landline with my BB, i'd save €7. What's the catch with this? I'm assuming they will just hope that I use the landline to build up lots of charges.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Not sure if there is a topic on this already, sorry if there is.

Anyway, today I got a phone call from UPC saying that if I bundled a landline with my BB, i'd save €7. What's the catch with this? I'm assuming they will just hope that I use the landline to build up lots of charges.

No catch. It's cheaper to have a bundle than internet alone. You actually pay a fee for internet alone. Take the phone and put it in a cupboard in case they ever want it back and you're saving yourself €7 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

You don't even need to take the actual phone they supply,as they charge €30 for it IIRC.Just tell them you have your own handset and to enable the phone line.That's what we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

They're sending me the phone for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I have broadband alone and last year when they changed policies (allowing people to leave their contracts without penalty) I rang and asked to speak with retentions. I was threatening to leave because I felt it was unfair that a friend wasn't paying the stand alone charge and I was. The rep agreed and took it off for me. Following the price increases recently they also added back the charge so I called again. The initial rep said they could add the phone line and save me 1 euro a month and that everyone who took broadband only had to pay the extra charge period. So I asked again to be put through to retentions. Retentions listened and reinstated my discount (once I agreed to a new 12 month contract) so now I only pay 29.89 a month for 25mb (500GB limit) broadband only (and analogue tv).

Advertisement