Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital annual report

Options
  • 07-09-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have volunteered with a charity to help them prepare their annual report. I come from an accounting background so was intending to focus on the actual information they wanted to include. However, they are interested in creating an interactive version of the report that they can publish on their website, as well as a version which can be printed off when needed.

They have given me this task as well and I am pretty clueless about the digital version element of it. Is there any free/cheap software out there that I could use? They cannot afford to pay someone to do it so I am just trying to check out options.

Slide 26 in this presentation pretty much describes what I need to do:
    http://www.slideshare.net/kwdigital/from-print-to-digital-moving-the-annual-report-into-the-21st-century-10468329

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Wouldn't have a clue, Try asking Accountancy. See lots of odd ones mentioned there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Depending on the complexity of the report you could just do it up in Excel and give it a graphical element with charts and stuff. Then just save it as a PDF. This can be uploaded to the website where people can download to view/print.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ugabuga

mordeith wrote: »
    Depending on the complexity of the report you could just do it up in Excel and give it a graphical element with charts and stuff. Then just save it as a PDF. This can be uploaded to the website where people can download to view/print.

I see some websites like Issuu that allow you to embed your PDF in your website and they make it a bit more visually appealing e.g. the pages turn as you go through it. The free versions have ads though. Any ideas on an alternative?

I see some websites like Issuu that allow you to embed your PDF in your website and they make it a bit more visually appealing e.g. the pages turn as you go through it. The free versions have ads though. Any ideas on an alternative?[/Quote]

You could download something like flipping book. The trial version allows you to create a 10 page file. I think its ad free. It's like Issu but you host it on your own site.

I see some websites like Issuu that allow you to embed your PDF in your website and they make it a bit more visually appealing e.g. the pages turn as you go through it. The free versions have ads though. Any ideas on an alternative?

You could download something like flipping book. The trial version allows you to create a 10 page file. I think its ad free. It's like Issu but you host it on your own site.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Mordeith, had never heard of flipping book. Looks like the kind of thing I'm after!

• Advertisement

ugabuga wrote: »
    You could download something like flipping book. The trial version allows you to create a 10 page file. I think its ad free. It's like Issu but you host it on your own site.

Cheers Mordeith, had never heard of flipping book. Looks like the kind of thing I'm after![/QUOTE]

If the trial doesn't do it for you then send me a PM and I might be able to sort you out. I might be able to get access to a computer with the full version on it. I could create the book and upload the relevant files/folders which could be uploaded to your webserver.

Cheers Mordeith, had never heard of flipping book. Looks like the kind of thing I'm after!

If the trial doesn't do it for you then send me a PM and I might be able to sort you out. I might be able to get access to a computer with the full version on it. I could create the book and upload the relevant files/folders which could be uploaded to your webserver.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant! It will take a few weeks to get the report done but I will check out the options and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement