Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mk2 Golf Gtd

• 07-09-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

Any idea how many of these were brought in to the Uk and Ireland when new and how many would be left now? They seem pretty rare from what I can see.
    I am thinking around 250k Mk2 golfs were sold in the uk and mabe 1200 were Gtd's, no guess for Ireland. Any one know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I didn't even know the Mk2 GTD was available in RHD, any i've ever seen were left hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Anan1 wrote: »
    I didn't even know the Mk2 GTD was available in RHD, any i've ever seen were left hookers.

Ya they were in RHD but only in 4door driver spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I thought driver was a different trim level again?

Anan1 wrote: »
    I thought driver was a different trim level again?
    The gtd was basically a diesel with driver spec in the UK. I'll get a link later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭richiet

I saw two of these in France last week.

Got a quick pic of one:

IMG_0968.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

There are still a few around thankfully. I know of at three in Limerick , one undercover , and two in daily use. Nice motor with decent spec :D Have no idea how many were sold in Ireland but the VAG drivers website may provide this information.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

Was the GTD ever brought into Ireland? I know we got Golf/Jetta Pacific models with the intercooled 1.6TD and Passats with the same engine but did we actually get a Golf GTD? I dont think so. :confused:

Yes they were , I know of at least two that were original Irish cars. Perhaps they needed to be ordered at the time but they were certainly sold in Ireland.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 allana13

I have been trying to look for one but no Joy

• Advertisement

There are a few around but you would probably be asked to pay at least 3 and maybe 4 for a good one. Would you ?

Bloody hell thats a lot of dosh man....

allana13 wrote: »
    Bloody hell thats a lot of dosh man....

I suppose it is , but these are rare and the build on those mark 2 golfs was quality and they are collectible now and will be even more so in the future. Depreciation would probably be nil and you will have something you like and that not too many more will have. If you buy a 3k conventional car it will probably halve in value in a year. ;)

Hopefully can find one soon

Advertisement