Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bar work in sydney??

Options
  • 07-09-2012 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

seen this on facebook - since there are always people looking for work here

(https://www.facebook.com/pjssydney)

***We are looking for Bar Staff and Waitresses to join our team here at PJ O'Briens Sydney.***
    If you have previous hospitality experience with Excellent customer service skills, a current RSA cert, are self motivated with the ability to work in a team environment then this is your opportunity to work in our busy Irish Venue in the heart of Sydney CBD.

Drop in for a chat with our Management team or email us your resume/CV to sydney@pjobriens.com.au

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Hi guys,

I'm putting together some semblance of a plan to go for a WHG to Australia, have a buddy over there already and all, but he'd definitely bullsh1t me just to get me to come over.

What I need to know, do bars/nightclubs actually just not hire Irish guys? I have a fair bit of experience, and in fact it's the only place I'd work, absolutely love bar work. But have heard so many stories of Irish need not apply for bars.

So, Do bars hire Irish lads who are genuinely experienced?

Is it just really attractive girls that get the jobs?

I know it sounds whiney, but it's a genuine concern, this is the industry I work in and want to work in. There is little else that interests me :)

Thanks,

Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Speaking from experience drinking in Perth over the past six years, there's a load of Irish lads working in the various Irish and English bars around the city and in the suburbs.

I can also safely say that being really attractive doesn't appear to be a requirement for the girls :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Hi guys,

I'm putting together some semblance of a plan to go for a WHG to Australia, have a buddy over there already and all, but he'd definitely bullsh1t me just to get me to come over.

What I need to know, do bars/nightclubs actually just not hire Irish guys? I have a fair bit of experience, and in fact it's the only place I'd work, absolutely love bar work. But have heard so many stories of Irish need not apply for bars.

So, Do bars hire Irish lads who are genuinely experienced?

Is it just really attractive girls that get the jobs?

I know it sounds whiney, but it's a genuine concern, this is the industry I work in and want to work in. There is little else that interests me :)

Thanks,

Gavin.

Nah who ever told you that was talking crap! If you are experienced you'll have heaps of bars offering you work. If you are real good sponsorship can also be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

My brother got a job in a bar in sydney a few days after he landed in Australia, I think he had a contact to get the job in the first place but he since got a friend of his a job there aswell so no problem with the Irish it would seem, He was on $20 an hour, not sure how that compares with other places but he seemed to live fine on it.

Advertisement