Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G network on 3

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems connecting to three's 3g network this morning ? it's been poor most of the week but I can't get any 3g this morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

always very slow ,absolute rubbish network

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

didnt notice it this morning tbh. I know a few weeks abck they where upgrading their 2g so it was a little bit iffy but apart from that I never have any problems with the 3 network. Find it excellent tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I have a business line with them and was told that there was work being done on one of the masts near the dunmore road when I called them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

didnt notice it this morning tbh. I know a few weeks abck they where upgrading their 2g so it was a little bit iffy but apart from that I never have any problems with the 3 network. Find it excellent tbh.

They don't have a 2G (GSM) network. They have a roaming deal with Vodafone for areas where they have no coverage.

I couldn't connect this morning at all. Seriously thinking of changing to another network. Their unlimited data deals are great, but the network is unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Oops didn't mean to type 2g. Stupid big thumbs and touch screen don't go well together sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

We have had the same problem near to Callan, been iffy for about six weerks, this week very bad, complained to 1913, networks were looking into it, this afternoon and this evening not a problem.
    Reckon it is a great service for the 20 odd euro, we bring it down to Clonea and get very good service.
    Like most people we moan when it is down, but basically it is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

I did notice I was stuck in 2g around ardkeen today which wasn't normal. There about to be linking up with Vodafone soon so I would see what happens over coming months before I would jump ship, I did notice these days you often have the force the phone to search for 3G in Tramore and Dunmore . Unless other networks give ayced, I will stick it out with them, we live in hope things get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hi the system is back and running, service as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chimerical26

Hi the system is back and running, service as usual
    Nah. It's still awful. It's fine for me in the industrial estate area but criminally bad in the dunmore road area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Its been very poor all over Waterford and the Southeast since last week. In some parts it's OK but most parts it keeps coming and going. I've two phones searching for a signal most of the day.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was only getting 2g outside lidl ardkeen today, pretty poor that. I changed the carrier from automatic to 3G to force it, but you shouldn't,t have to be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

decies wrote: »
    Yeah I was only getting 2g outside lidl ardkeen today, pretty poor that. I changed the carrier from automatic to 3G to force it, but you shouldn't,t have to be doing that.

Yeah that works sometimes but as soon as you move to a new area you've to do it again as the signal drops again. I wonder is it something to do with the Vodafone deal. I noticed Vodafone appeared on my screen while on the ring road today after my signal disappeared

south wrote: »
    Yeah that works sometimes but as soon as you move to a new area you've to do it again as the signal drops again. I wonder is it something to do with the Vodafone deal. I noticed Vodafone appeared on my screen while on the ring road today after my signal disappeared

Yep you would hope that down the road the coverage actually improves with the deal. Let's hope so anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brendangg

Hi 3G network has been down in Cork city for the weekend I have raised a query with my carrier 3 awaiting a response! 3G network had been dropping out intermittently over the last couple of weeks particularly early in the morning

Advertisement