Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition of estates after Eircom Contractors

Options
  • 07-09-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there, general moan alert!!

Who can I contact about proper reinstatement of roads and paths after Murphys have installed fibre cabs? I have noticed this in a number of estates in Drogheda. Is it just a temporary fix or is this the final finish?

In Highlands, they have left a stretch of concrete and aggs across the grass from the path to the road, the tarmac on the road is uneven and will come up in the winter, then the continue the tarmac across the next pavement.

Thanks

Owen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi there, general moan alert!!

Who can I contact about proper reinstatement of roads and paths after Murphys have installed fibre cabs? I have noticed this in a number of estates in Drogheda. Is it just a temporary fix or is this the final finish?

In Highlands, they have left a stretch of concrete and aggs across the grass from the path to the road, the tarmac on the road is uneven and will come up in the winter, then the continue the tarmac across the next pavement.

Thanks

Owen

Hi Owen,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have sent an email to the fibre networks team to clarify the situation here but I would imagine from what you say that this is a temporary fix. The fibre is still an ongoing project so they will likely be back to install more equipment at some stage.

If you'd like to report this issue directly to the networks team you can call freephone 1901 and say 'repairs' and they will log this for you. Either way, if I get any info back I'll relay it for you here.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Thanks for the reply, James. I will keep you updated if there are any changes either positive or negative.

When should the fibre be active in the area?

Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Thanks for the reply, James. I will keep you updated if there are any changes either positive or negative.

When should the fibre be active in the area?

Owen

Hi Owen,

Don't have a clear indication on exact dates yet but I'll squeeze them for info when they reply to me. They might have an idea since they'll be looking into the progress of cabling at the same time. Will see what I can get from them and let you know.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭IE2012

Hi Owen,

Don't have a clear indication on exact dates yet but I'll squeeze them for info when they reply to me. They might have an idea since they'll be looking into the progress of cabling at the same time. Will see what I can get from them and let you know.

James

Hi James would you be able to find out what areas in Drogheda will get FTTH ?
    From what I hear most areas in Drogheda will be FTTC , so it would be interesting to find out , considering in a lot of the new estates houses may be more than 500M from nearest cabinet, meaning that they won't get anywhere near the 50mb speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Back again,

The contractors were back again during the week and have fixed the road and kerbs as they should have. So seen as I was so fast to scream about the poor condition they left it in initially, I thought I should acknowledge that they have fixed everything.

Owen

• Advertisement
Advertisement