Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing a runner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I went for a walk in the forest. Pretty soon, I came upon a house. I knocked and, when no one answered, I walked right in.

At the table in the kitchen, there were three bowls of porridge. I was hungry. I tasted the porridge from the first bowl.
    "This porridge is too hot!" I exclaimed.
    So, I tasted the porridge from the second bowl.
    "This porridge is too cold," I said
    So, I tasted the last bowl of porridge.
    "Ahhh, this porridge is just right," I said happily and I ate it all up.
    After I'd eaten the breakfasts I decided I was feeling a little tired. So, I walked into the living room where I saw three chairs. I sat in the first chair to rest my feet.
    "This chair is too big!" I exclaimed.
    So I sat in the second chair.
    "This chair is too big, too!" I whined.
    So I tried the last and smallest chair.
    "Ahhh, this chair is just right," I sighed. But just as I settled down into the chair to rest, it broke into pieces!
    I was very tired by this time, so I went upstairs to the bedroom. I lay down in the first bed, but it was too hard. Then I lay in the second bed, but it was too soft. Then I lay down in the third bed and it was just right. I fell asleep.

Some time later, I woke up and saw three hairy boggers ( the youngest of whom looked very upset ). I screamed, "Help!" And I jumped up and ran out of the room. I ran down the stairs, opened the door, and ran away into the forest. And I never returned to the home of the three hairy boggers.

Was I wrong to just run away ?

Well considering you were guilty of trespass, theft, causing damage etc. you did what most criminals do, but hey don't worry it takes balls and builds character, shame that the character building in this and the OP is that of scumbaggery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Wow. A potentially funny thread derailed by a minority of uptight gimps. Did you not read the f**king OP ?

"Share" your stories. Not give me you're opinion on morals and ethics. The OP already acknowledged more than once he was in the wrong. Like many others such as Dean09 aswell. "It's stealing" ... no way really ? We could never have comprehended that without you regurgitating it over and over. :rolleyes:

Do we have an ethics forum ? We should. It might provide an alternative for the many gobsh*tes who can't tell the difference between 'what's your opinion' and 'share your story'.

<snipped>

P.S. You cant beat the adrenaline rush you get from doing a legger be it from a taxi or a guard. An experience that every person should most definately experience before they grow old.

Well as a licensed taxi driver I feel I must personaly thankyou for encouraging people to rob me....the fact is that it is robbery no matter what gloss you wanna paint on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

We were in KFC over in Oz. It was on our way home after a long session in the pub.
    Everyone was hammered especially one of the lads. He marches up to the counter and
    orders the largest bucket with all the trimmings all the while chatting away to the girl
    behind the counter. As she places the bucket on the counter, he grabs it and bails for the
    door.
    Little did he know, due to it being such a late hour the staff had locked the door behind us so
    they could clean up and stop anyone else coming in. He was swinging at the door for a while
    before realizing it was locked. He then casually walked over and sat at a table. He looked up
    at the counter and said Oh yeah I 'll be with you in a minute love, I was just getting a table.
    To which everyone, staff and customers broke their ****e laughing. Priceless!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

When I do a runner it usually involves drinking, then slapping a friend in the back of the head and legging it.

I'm usually caught though :(

• Advertisement

What a disgusting little cockroach you are... Not only you stole from that restaurant, but you kept the staff late at work too. They probably had to pay for your meal themselves... I really hope that one day when you're "doing a runner" you'll get caught and your nose and legs will get broken in a really violent fashion, you little prick.

Don't beat around the bush, tell us what you really think!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Good job OP. You showed good initiative. Starvation was the only alternative, you did the only thing you could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Never done one myself were I actually stole from someone but ran from a few girls alright!

Famous story from my area, the local village idiot ran from a taxi but tried to jump a fence into the park but his jeans got stuck so he was left hanging. Guards soon came and the guards and the taxi driver had some people passing had gathered and everyone was there laughing while he wriggled upside down screaming "get me off, help, I'll pay the taxi!"

Gobshít

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Ive never done this.Ive often fantasized about it,like when i scope the place out,seeing when the best time to leave is the chances of getting caught.

I have stole salt shakers though,some restaurants have fancy ones that look nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭The Don 1985

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Ive never done this.Ive often fantasized about it,like when i scope the place out,seeing when the best time to leave is the chances of getting caught.

I have stole salt shakers though,some restaurants have fancy ones that look nice.

I doubt David Miscavige would be best pleased with this Tom !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭The Don 1985

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Well as a licensed taxi driver I feel I must personaly thankyou for encouraging people to rob me....the fact is that it is robbery no matter what gloss you wanna paint on it

True.

Tell me this Spook , have you ever taken people on a journey that you could have taken a shorter route but decided to cash on on the longer one ? Be honest now Spook. If not then you are one of the good guys and I apologise for the above post albeit a post that wasnt to be taken too literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭apache

Bruce7 wrote: »
    I spent a summer in Barcelona years ago, and things didn't quite go to plan. I got a bit of bar and restaurant work here and there, but there were periods when I had absolutely no money. Zero. Not one peseta.

During one of the worst of these I ended up running completely out of food as well as money. It reached a point where the only thing I had eaten in three days was a fat girl's pussy, so desperate times called for desperate measures.

I walked up and down the strip of restaurants by the Marina until I found one that had an empty table outside, beside the exit. The aforementioned girl and I sat down, and had a nice three course meal and a couple of bottles of wine. Then the moment of truth came. Because of the time it had taken to find a suitable restaurant, we had started quite late, and were now the last people in the place. The staff were all staring at us, waiting for us to ask for the bill so they could go home. So there would be no slipping discreetly out, as I had first imagined.

I told the girl that we were just going to have to sprint away, and that there wasn't going to be a good time to do it. One of the staff was standing in the doorway of the restaurant, and turned their back for a second. I told her, Now! and I took off like a bat out of hell. I didn't look back until I got to the bottom of the Ramblas, but when I did, I found she was nowhere to be seen.

About an hour later, she showed up, and told me she only managed to waddle about 20 metres before one of the waiters grabbed her and marched her back. They called the cops and she put all the blame on me, which was fair enough. She said she didn't know me, that I had asked her out on a date, and then had just taken off. They told her to bring the money for the meal by the next day, or there would be trouble. She didn't, we left Barcelona soon afterwards, and that was that. I felt bad about it for a while afterwards, and was hungry again within a few hours, so it wasn't really worth it, but what's done is done.

So what are your stories of doing a runner? We've all done one at some stage, whether it's from a bill, a girl's house, the cops, a job, whatever. Fess up.
    ha ha you little ****. did you not realise the fat bird wouldn't be able to run fast?
    this is what desperation does to you....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Confab wrote: »
    . Although frankly I don't believe the OP's story for a moment. No-one could be that much of a scumbag.

I do, a pal of mine who works in hotels/restaurants told me thay have "runners" all the time........

ah leave it out. why is everybody calling the op a scumbag etc? you really can't comment until you are in that situation. i thought it was funny anyway.

apache wrote: »
    ha ha you little ****. did you not realise the fat bird wouldn't be able to run fast?
    this is what desperation does to you....
    seriously i am getting an infraction for this????
    i just thought it was funny. how was that confrontational or aggressive? i'm on the ops side!
    "you little sh1t" - its a fond turn of phrase for me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

After I graduated, about 16 of us went for a big slap up meal in a French restaurant beside Leicester Square. The wine and beer flowed for several hours, but eventually we decide to move on for a change of scene.

We had to move in single file as we left the packed restaurant. So rather than clog the place up by hanging around the cashier near the door. We stepped out onto the street, assuming the last person out was going to settle the bill.

The group gradually reformed as we walked through Leicester Square, so the shout went down the line - "What do we owe?" When the question reached the last person out of the restaurant. We quickly realised that the bill was not paid, because the last person out had assumed that the bill was sorted, when we all walked out onto the street so casually.

With food and drinks, I reckon we spent about £60 per person x 16, so we owed about £960. So do you think we walked back through the West End crowds to pay the bill? Fcuk no we thought, the place was a gold mine.

True.

Tell me this Spook , have you ever taken people on a journey that you could have taken a shorter route but decided to cash on on the longer one ? Be honest now Spook. If not then you are one of the good guys and I apologise for the above post albeit a post that wasnt to be taken too literally.

Never deliberately, sometimes I've had people accuse me of going the long route because of floods, car crashes and Garda diversions and had arguments that it wasn't their fault the road was closed, as if it was my fault instead....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

floggg wrote: »
    Typing on a phone isn't always conducive to correct spelling and grammar.

I didn't see the contract no. Did you or anybody else that said it was illegal?

Those sections only state that it is illegal unless proper formalities are adhered to. Not that it is illegal.

So your statement that it was contrary to those sections of the 1991 Act is plainly wrong unless qualified by reference to compliance with the prescribed formalities.

I wasnt picking at your grammar, more at the sentance just made no sense.

I didnt see the contract no, but s.5 states that "an employer shall not make a deduction from the wages of an employee (or receive any payment from an employee) unless".

Your interpretation of the legislation is wrong, its not "illegal unless proper formalities are adhered to" but rather it's illegal but there are circumstances in which it wont be legal. There is a difference. The qualifications arent "formalities" to be followed at all.

Now I dont know about you, but ive never seen a contract that has, as a standard clause, that if there are runners from a restaurant, the waiter/waitress are responsible for the loss to the restaurant.

There are a lot more nuances in section 5 but I cant see any that would certainly cover this type of situation. So my initial statement that deducting from wages is illegal is entirely more accurate than someone saying that the waiter HAD to pay out of their wages.

apache wrote: »
    ah leave it out. why is everybody calling the op a scumbag etc? you really can't comment until you are in that situation. i thought it was funny anyway.

Grea' sense o' humour y'got theere boi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I've posted this before somwhere, a "runner fail" -:D- scummer family legged it out of a restaurant we were eating in after getting their fill, the bird forgot her handbag and her mobile! Top "doing a runner" tip, bring your sh1t with you, going back for it and having to do the shamewalk up to the staff is even scummier than doing the runner in the first place.
    Personally, never done a runner, consider it total low-life stuff, and would happily chase after said runners till their feet turned to a bloody goo, terminator style, were it my cab/restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Has it been pointed out yet that Barcelona is actually one of the easiest places in Europe to live in when you're utterly flat broke? All you need to do is find a decent squat and hang around the market after they close and get all the spoiled fruit and veg you could ever eat, lots of the city restaurants hand their leftovers out to the homeless at night as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Pottler wrote: »
    I've posted this before somwhere, a "runner fail" -:D- scummer family legged it out of a restaurant we were eating in after getting their fill, the bird forgot her handbag and her mobile! Top "doing a runner" tip, bring your sh1t with you, going back for it and having to do the shamewalk up to the staff is even scummier than doing the runner in the first place.
    Personally, never done a runner, consider it total low-life stuff, and would happily chase after said runners till their feet turned to a bloody goo, terminator style, were it my cab/restaurant.

Similar story here - my Da worked as a hackney driver for years. One night a young couple gets in and he drives them home - with 20 euro or so on the meter, they do a runner and the stupid btich leaves her handbag in the back seat :D So my Da drops it off at the garda station, tells them the story and they tell him they will contact yer one to come down to the station. He gets a call from the guard the next day that the money is there for him to collect - 20 euro plus exta 10 for the time he spent driving round looking for them. She apparantly got a bollockin from the guards too :D

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Grea' sense o' humour y'got theere boi
    its a bit warped allright but god forbid i'm a girl! yeah think i have a good sense of humour. i heard it all :D
    oh i see there what you did with the boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I'm no expert in the field by any means but surely the Waiter doesnt have to cover the runners bill? You're telling me that if say 3 different people did a runner in one week the waiter might possibly OWE money to the restaurant? I highly doubt it.

It was a funny story, he regrets it, shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Posted the below on another thread a couple of years ago, I ran like the clappers.

About 12 years ago, when I was a young lad, a bunch of lads went to Spain for two weeks for the Usual Piss-up. Great craic and great holiday.

As you do, the lads and I headed out for the night, drinks flowing, crack 90 and great times all in all. I met this chick from England, she was a holiday rep and she brought me back to her apartment.

Now, to back track a little, this was the 4th day and days 1 – through 3 I had a upset stomach and could not go to the Jacks at all. #2 FYI…. First 3 days were rough but on the 4th day I was feeling better but still no movement.

So back to the night in question with the walk of Shame. Met the girl, back to her place, jumped on the good foot and did the bad thing and fell asleep. 7am arrives and my stomach is going bananas. A read dumb and dumber deal going on and I run to the jacks. 4 days worth comes flying out of me and it feels like heaven. I then realize I do not know where the fook I am. I wipe my a rse and flush the Jacks. Water keeps on rising and rising and rising and all of a sudden, my 4 days worth of poop is all over her bathroom floor and heading for the bed room. I am in panic mode, still drunk, hangover kicking in and I am like WTF. How do I deal with this? My brain said, you don’t gtfo of here man.

So I grab my clothes, put them on and hit the door. Just as I think I am clear and free, your woman comings running to the door screaming at me calling me a Dirty Irish Bastard and to come back and clean up all this s hit out of her bathroom. She is puking at this stage. I did not have a clue where I was, I just ran breaking my bollix laughing. I walked 6 miles in the blistering sun trying to find my apartment. When I got back, I never laughed so hard in my life. If you had of seen the mess I made it was disgusting.

Good times but I pity the girl who had to clean up my s hite…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Posted the below on another thread a couple of years ago, I ran like the clappers.

About 12 years ago, when I was a young lad, a bunch of lads went to Spain for two weeks for the Usual Piss-up. Great craic and great holiday.

As you do, the lads and I headed out for the night, drinks flowing, crack 90 and great times all in all. I met this chick from England, she was a holiday rep and she brought me back to her apartment.

Now, to back track a little, this was the 4th day and days 1 – through 3 I had a upset stomach and could not go to the Jacks at all. #2 FYI…. First 3 days were rough but on the 4th day I was feeling better but still no movement.

So back to the night in question with the walk of Shame. Met the girl, back to her place, jumped on the good foot and did the bad thing and fell asleep. 7am arrives and my stomach is going bananas. A read dumb and dumber deal going on and I run to the jacks. 4 days worth comes flying out of me and it feels like heaven. I then realize I do not know where the fook I am. I wipe my a rse and flush the Jacks. Water keeps on rising and rising and rising and all of a sudden, my 4 days worth of poop is all over her bathroom floor and heading for the bed room. I am in panic mode, still drunk, hangover kicking in and I am like WTF. How do I deal with this? My brain said, you don’t gtfo of here man.

So I grab my clothes, put them on and hit the door. Just as I think I am clear and free, your woman comings running to the door screaming at me calling me a Dirty Irish Bastard and to come back and clean up all this s hit out of her bathroom. She is puking at this stage. I did not have a clue where I was, I just ran breaking my bollix laughing. I walked 6 miles in the blistering sun trying to find my apartment. When I got back, I never laughed so hard in my life. If you had of seen the mess I made it was disgusting.

Without doubt the funniest post I've read on AH so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

:D FlutterinBantam will appreciate that story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm this thread didn't turn out as I expected.

TheStook wrote: »
    I'm no expert in the field by any means but surely the Waiter doesnt have to cover the runners bill? You're telling me that if say 3 different people did a runner in one week the waiter might possibly OWE money to the restaurant? I highly doubt it.

It was a funny story, he regrets it, shut up.

Yeah! About as funny as woodworm in a cripples crutch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Typing on a phone isn't always conducive to correct spelling and grammar.

I didn't see the contract no. Did you or anybody else that said it was illegal?

Those sections only state that it is illegal unless proper formalities are adhered to. Not that it is illegal.

So your statement that it was contrary to those sections of the 1991 Act is plainly wrong unless qualified by reference to compliance with the prescribed formalities.

I wasnt picking at your grammar, more at the sentance just made no sense.

I didnt see the contract no, but s.5 states that "an employer shall not make a deduction from the wages of an employee (or receive any payment from an employee) unless".

Your interpretation of the legislation is wrong, its not "illegal unless proper formalities are adhered to" but rather it's illegal but there are circumstances in which it wont be legal. There is a difference. The qualifications arent "formalities" to be followed at all.

Now I dont know about you, but ive never seen a contract that has, as a standard clause, that if there are runners from a restaurant, the waiter/waitress are responsible for the loss to the restaurant.

There are a lot more nuances in section 5 but I cant see any that would certainly cover this type of situation. So my initial statement that deducting from wages is illegal is entirely more accurate than someone saying that the waiter HAD to pay out of their wages.

You're right. Technically it is illegal unless the conditions are complied with.

But that is very different from saying its illegal full stop.

No, I've never read a waiters contract. It is quite conceivable however there are some that could have an appropriately worded clause included, which means its far from accurate to say its illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

I found the OP's story very funny indeed - fair play to him.

Everyone going about how bad an act it was really need to get a grip......

I've done a runner from a taxi once, in Ranelagh, he reversed back after me but I ran up a one-way street and hid behind a car......definitely was a scummy act but hey i was a student and just did for the laugh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Accidentally left without paying a few times during a break from work because I was rushing back but always returned and paid as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Few years ago, was working in a pub on my own. Couple came in had dinner etc., then did a runner. When I realised, I chased them down the street but couldn't catch up before they hopped in a cab. Came back to the pub to find that the very old lady I was serving had made off with a bottle of Port.

leggit wrote: »
    Never done anything like that myself but one of my mates tried to do a legger on a taxi when he was younger. He was beyond drunk and upon leaving the taxi sprinted into a tree about 10 metres away and knocked himself out, woke up without his watch!

I know someone who was high and jumped from a taxi at 70 mph on a motorway. The taxi driver was in such a state he was taken to hospital for shock. The scumbag just had a few broken ribs.

I know someone who was high and jumped from a taxi at 70 mph on a motorway. The taxi driver was in such a state he was taken to hospital for shock. The scumbag just had a few broken ribs.
    What happened? Did he turn around too quickly to see where his passenger had gone to? was the Jumper ok??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

That's what I'm talking about! If only that had been the second post!

Pottler wrote: »
    What happened? Did he turn around too quickly to see where his passenger had gone to? was the Jumper ok??

Not all taxi drivers are scumbags... actually outside Dublin they're very pleasant and charge a fair price.

Not all taxi drivers are scumbags... actually outside Dublin they're very pleasant and charge a fair price.
    I've actually never, ever had a bad experience with any Taxi driver, always been a1, imo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I remember I was with some friends when I was 12. We went to a restaurant and I had gone to the bathroom. One of the lads who I wasn't friends with stole a few packets of sweets from the storage room. I felt really guilty because I didn't want to tell the staff on him and be hated by everyone else. They have a tipping thing at the counter so after I paid for my meal, I put in a tenner.

Other than that, I would never do a runner. I hear about these things all of the time though. I just couldn't do it because I would feel too guilty. I would also tell people if they give me wrong change etc. Amn't I great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

not man enough to do it on your own, you had to involve someone else to take the wrap for you. a real gent. your parents must be so proud. :rolleyes:
    Doing a runner from a restaurant is incredibly sad and low class, not to mention dangerous. Far more sensible to walk into a supermarket, swipe a bread roll and eat it there and then. Although frankly I don't believe the OP's story for a moment. No-one could be that much of a scumbag.
    Like I said, you aren't going to get people slapping you on the back telling you what a great man you are. You know what did is wrong you say. So why post on the internet about it? Doesn't sound like you are in the least bit remorseful or embarrassed about your behaviour.
    Maybe you should have called it "calling all dickheads - brag about being a dickhead and no comments pointing out how much of a dickhead people have been please"

It would probably have conveyed more accurately the type of responses you hoped to generate.
    Where To wrote: »
    Another hero.

I'd say you boys are great craic at partys

for the love of Christ, the OP told a story. Its probably made up, most in AH are, but that's besides the point. It would have been a funny thread if it stayed on topic. Instead we get a load of holier than tho responses.
    What did you think, that by issuing your stinging response, the OP would feel guilty, hope on a plane to Barca and pay back the restaurant, maybe by working it off in the kitchen?

he wasn't asking for people to tell him how great he was, he was bored on a Friday and thought he'd get a funny thread going.

AH is really gone to f*ck lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When I was 10 I walked out of Centra with a few packets of Pokémon cards in the pocket of my school tracksuit.

I was such a hooligan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Waiters usually have to pay for runners' meals out of their own wages

Never heard of this. Can you name any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why is everyone blaming him for the fact the girl got in trouble? Did she not eat the food and drink the wine too? Did she not agree to do a runner too? How is she not just as much in the wrong as him? She had a mind of her own, it's not like he forced her to do it.
    Boards bewilders me sometimes.

PS, OP, I thought the story was comical :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Why is everyone blaming him for the fact the girl got in trouble? Did she not eat the food and drink the wine too? Did she not agree to do a runner too? How is she not just as much in the wrong as him? She had a mind of her own, it's not like he forced her to do it.

Comical? You obviously have similar tales?
    It's a low act to do a runner from a restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

finbarrk wrote: »

Comical? You obviously have similar tales?
    It's a low act to do a runner from a restaurant.

My most similar story is robbing a pack of yu-gi-oh cards when I was 7. I've never done a runner but I still think the post was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

Still can't get over you eating the fat girls pussy :-p
    Great plan if running from the cops never be the slowest person, if running from a dinosaur trip up someone and let them be eaten not u,bunking a restaurant bring a fat girl #MASTERPLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭R33F

Wow, times have changed.

I thought you had to take a lass out, wine & dine her before you got into her panties (even if they were XXXL).

Bruce7, have you ever thought of paying the restaurant back ?

Did you keep in touch with the biggun ? I'm interested to know if she became a getaway driver, or another profession that involved low cardio crime ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

This thread is a classic example of how After Hours has lost its appeal.

The OP made me smile with his story. The point of AH is lost on so many that it's getting painful to read.

Could a face kicker exist on boards today?!?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

This thread is a classic example of how After Hours has lost its appeal.

The OP made me smile with his story. The point of AH is lost on so many that it's getting painful to read.

Could a face kicker exist on boards today?!?...

nope, he'd be lost in here :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

event wrote: »
    not man enough to do it on your own, you had to involve someone else to take the wrap for you. a real gent. your parents must be so proud. :rolleyes:
    Doing a runner from a restaurant is incredibly sad and low class, not to mention dangerous. Far more sensible to walk into a supermarket, swipe a bread roll and eat it there and then. Although frankly I don't believe the OP's story for a moment. No-one could be that much of a scumbag.
    Like I said, you aren't going to get people slapping you on the back telling you what a great man you are. You know what did is wrong you say. So why post on the internet about it? Doesn't sound like you are in the least bit remorseful or embarrassed about your behaviour.
    Maybe you should have called it "calling all dickheads - brag about being a dickhead and no comments pointing out how much of a dickhead people have been please"

It would probably have conveyed more accurately the type of responses you hoped to generate.
    Where To wrote: »
    Another hero.

I'd say you boys are great craic at partys

for the love of Christ, the OP told a story. Its probably made up, most in AH are, but that's besides the point. It would have been a funny thread if it stayed on topic. Instead we get a load of holier than tho responses.
    What did you think, that by issuing your stinging response, the OP would feel guilty, hope on a plane to Barca and pay back the restaurant, maybe by working it off in the kitchen?

he wasn't asking for people to tell him how great he was, he was bored on a Friday and thought he'd get a funny thread going.

AH is really gone to f*ck lately

Completely, some people are addicted to being judgemental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement