Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Holywell Educate Together National School in Swords

Options
  • 07-09-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

I'd not seen any mention on here (unless I missed it) of the New Holywell Educate Together National School that just opened (previously a few prefabs) in Holywell, Swords.

There was an open night held on Monday August 27th and I attended for a nosey to see what a "12D" primary school was like. I am sure there will be more to come in terms of the official opening and further open nights, and the links at present don't provide enough pictures to do it justice but it was a quite impressive building and layout.

There are 24 classrooms (plus additional resource rooms) with interactive whiteboards and all the latest and greatest stuff, a fantastic sports hall, plenty of outdoor space with basketball courts, play areas, planting beds, etc. There is also a 12 pupil autism unit with sensory room and also a childcare morning/afternoon preschool being run from one of the classrooms, along with aftershool clubs and sibling hours.

A good news story for a change for Holywell and the surrounding areas.

Here's a few links for a bit more information.

New Beginning for Holywell Educate Together National School

TV3 News - August 29th - First Day of School

Holywell Preschool

Advertisement