Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Sods available locally

Options
  • 07-09-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone know where I could pick up some grass sods locally to repair patches in my garden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

youknowwho wrote: »
    Hi all,

Would anyone know where I could pick up some grass sods locally to repair patches in my garden?

Sow some grass seeds, they will be up in 10 days. Otherwise ask at any of the golf clubs in the area. They all have a lawn nursery for patching for themselves but might give you a few sods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Unless you have an otherwise perfect lawn, grass sods are going to stand out a mile, even for years to come. Best option would be some grass seed, particularly with the warm weather this week

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Hi all,

Patches often occur due to the soil being compacted - use a garden fork to spike the areas where there are patches to aerate the soil and the grass may grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

B&Q in Tallaght sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Wineman wrote: »
    Patches often occur due to the soil being compacted - use a garden fork to spike the areas where there are patches to aerate the soil and the grass may grow back.

Thanks Wineman, but my patches are caused by me dog pissing everywhere. Have tried putting those rocks in the water a dog drinks that are suppose to neutralise the acid but no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

Thanks Wineman, but my patches are caused by me dog pissing everywhere. Have tried putting those rocks in the water a dog drinks that are suppose to neutralise the acid but no joy.

I have 2 dogs and there is nothing you can do against it. except:

1) try to train him (them) to use one spot to pee on (with rewards (might take while, attention an patience) )

2) Just keep seeding .. I use the B&S pit seeds they bear up a bit.

Advertisement