Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockers Kevin St?

Options
  • 07-09-2012 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with getting a locker in Kevin St this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

think there a 10er ask staff probs dont giv them first week tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

bring a lock in and put it on a locker... done!

its what we were told to do last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Mousey- wrote: »
    bring a lock in and put it on a locker... done!

Suits me:pac: Where about are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

every floor of the main building, just pick one thats nearest to most of your labs/classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Go in soon so you actually get a good one! Ya don't wanna be stuck with a locker in the basement and have the majority of labs on the third floor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

So has anyone confirmed if its just a case of slapping a lock on to a random locker?

It is... It's how it was done last year and will be the same this year... I've already got my lock on my new locker and some of the students from my class last year are just keeping their locks on so they can use them again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

Sound pal id better get meself one on monday so

No problem! lol the earlier ya get in the better!! Everyone will be rushing in on Monday to get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Squashie

VickBack wrote: »
    No problem! lol the earlier ya get in the better!! Everyone will be rushing in on Monday to get them!

Most lockers in Kevin Street had already been stolen last Friday. There're few left, horrible ones on the floor. You have to get in much sooner than you expect. 1st year induction at the moment too. They're advised to take lockers this week. You'll be lucky if there's any left at all

• Advertisement

Thank god I got mine last week so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kingf1sher

VickBack wrote: »
    It is... It's how it was done last year and will be the same this year... I've already got my lock on my new locker and some of the students from my class last year are just keeping their locks on so they can use them again this year!

As far as I am aware locks that are not removed from the lockers after the end of each academic year are cut off by DIT porters to make room for the next year, so everyone has to reclaim a locker.
    Just letting you know, as your classmates that left their lock on over the Summer may well return to find their lock has been removed and the locker taken by someone else.

I thought that too but when I was in on Monday my friend went up to check her locker and her old lock was still intact and she was able to open it coz she had the key with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kingf1sher

Well that`s obviously the reason why there is such a problem with lockers in Kevin Street.
    If the locks aren`t being removed at the end of each year, there is inevitably a number of unused lockers in the building with locks still on them.
    I wonder if the S.U. realise that these locks are not being removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

I went in today and found a top one eventually a lot of bottom ones left. Also a suprising amount kicked in/damaged:eek:

Advertisement