Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calories in blaa

Options
  • 07-09-2012 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Cant find anywhere online about the calories in a blaa, anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Weigh it and then calculate the calories by comparing it to the calories in white bread.

Blaas are similar to Sainsburys white floury baps that I used to buy and they're 153 cals each but I think blaas are probably a bit higher than that as they're a bit heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

deisemum wrote: »
    Weigh it and then calculate the calories by comparing it to the calories in white bread.

Blaas are similar to Sainsburys white floury baps that I used to buy and they're 153 cals each but I think blaas are probably a bit higher than that as they're a bit heavier.

Thanks I have a fair idea from measuring them already but I was wondering did anyone know the exact calories from a website or something.

Thanks
    deisedave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭blue note

I love blaas. I wish I could get them in Dublin. Butter a loads of serrano is my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

recipie for blaas in this months easy food mag

There's a blaa making demonstration at the Harvest Festival next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There's a blaa making demonstration at the Harvest Festival next week.

Yeah I'm going to attend if I can make it. Would be cool to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Blaas are similar to Sainsburys white floury baps

They're not baps they're blaa's

man-pulling-hair-out-21.jpg

;);););)

They're not baps they're blaa's

man-pulling-hair-out-21.jpg

;);););)

I know they're not baps but those particular baps would be the nearest out of all baps to the blaa when it comes to calories ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who cares about calories when eating a blaa? :eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

241 calories per blaa according to the easy food recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

They might be close in calories but I could imagine the amount of E's in those baps you speak of, where the blaa is preservitive free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

deisedave wrote: »
    Cant find anywhere online about the calories in a blaa, anyone got any ideas?

I don't think the blaa is your problem, I'd say the fillings is where the calories mount up, sausages, luncheon, ham, crisps etc..

Try a tomato blaa or a banana one if your worried about your weight..

mike65 wrote: »
    Who cares about calories when eating a blaa? :eek: :mad:

me obviously or I wouldn't have asked the question :confused:

Funfair wrote: »
    I don't think the blaa is your problem, I'd say the fillings is where the calories mount up, sausages, luncheon, ham, crisps etc..

Try a tomato blaa or a banana one if your worried about your weight..

I just have ham and that is twenty calories a slice :D

Advertisement