Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That'll teach him for going to Vegas...

• 07-09-2012 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19516079
    Prince Harry has been deployed to Afghanistan for four months, the Ministry of Defence says.
    The prince, an Apache helicopter pilot, arrived on Thursday night at the main British base, Camp Bastion in Helmand.
    The 27-year-old, who is third in line to the throne, will take part in combat missions against the Taliban.

Still, could have been worse. Could have been sent for a drive around Paris...

Fair play to him though, I'd never have the bollocks to go there. My cousin did 6 months there with the Foreign Legion and said it was horrific.

And yes, war war is stupid and people are stupid, and those who do it should get sent to bed early...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

summerskin wrote: »

Fair play to him though, I'd never have the bollocks to go there. My cousin did 6 months there with the Foreign Legion and said it was horrific.

And yes, war war is stupid and people are stupid, and those who do it should get sent to bed early...

You don't embarrass the all powerful monarch without consequences.

I think Harry is the best royal, seems like a bit of craic.

(We know he won't actually face danger and be holed up in a secure camp, surrounded by protection)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Aaa.. ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

he wont be on the frontline tho. still wouldnt fancy being there

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

"It is his second Afghanistan deployment - he spent 10 weeks in Helmand province in 2007-08 but was pulled out after media reported his secret deployment"

And now you're telling everyone again where he is and what his job is?

If I were the taliban I would be going all out to take down any apache helicopter now right!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19516079Fair play to him though, I'd never have the bollocks to go there. My cousin did 6 months there with the Foreign Legion and said it was horrific.

hhhmm there's alot of difference hovering 1000m in the air and moving at a possible 300Kph to being a grunt sitting on the front line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

He has anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Would love to go on the piss with him!!

The guy is a legend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

leggit wrote: »
    If I were the taliban I would be going all out to take down any apache helicopter now right!?

Damn you should e-mail the Taliban, they probably havent thought of that what with it being as simple as that and all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Damn you should e-mail the Taliban, they probably havent thought of that what with it being as simple as that and all...

Or call them on 1800 tal i ban

Local rates too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

leggit wrote: »

You know why it's called a gunship right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Its a decoy, he's been grounded and sent to his room in Buckinham palace for 4 months as a result of showing his ginger nuts for all to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

insurgents@taliban.com

Noxin wrote: »

Keep getting an out of office reply from Osama@taliban.com ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Keep getting an out of office reply from Osama@taliban.com ?

He's away until Monday

Boombastic wrote: »
    He's away until Monday

He's dead when I get him!

Advertisement