Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Noise

• 07-09-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Anybody living in Dublin city centre close to Guinness factory hear that noise? The repetitive banging sound like a huge jackhammer. What are they building in there? Anyway, just annoying the hell out of me, all day today and for the past few days. Anyone know what it is? Not that I can do anything about it but am curious now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Its their "fart recreation department". They try different combinations of the Guinness to get the best fart noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's probably a pressure relief valve blowing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

They have to mine for the Guiness now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Maybe they're making more armoured cars for the British army like they did in 1916.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Maybe they're making more armoured cars for the British army like they did in 1916.
    Let it go Conall.

Let it go like a star that lights the way, Like a lullaby that calls to you; That's the way our love should always be.

*whispers*

let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Confab wrote: »
    It's probably a pressure relief valve blowing off.

Nah, but it's constant and there is some construction going on, but I've never heard a continuous building noise like it. There's two thumps per second and not dissimilar to a train as it leaves the station, you know that chug chug. Well not that important, just seeing if anyone knew what they are up to...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

It's a shame they didn't bleedin' keep us in the end the Brits.

Anyway I thought you were talking about that lovely sedative, hypnotic noise that comes out of the tap when your Guinness is being poured. That kind of sssssssssssss noise. God I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

i live about 1km from it but havent heard the noise?. Did you ever get the smell in the air from it? well its either that or the fumes from the heroin boiling on the spoons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Guinness farts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

They are building a new Brewhouse. There is plenty of construction quay side, of the brewery.

They are building a new Brewhouse. There is plenty of construction quay side, of the brewery.

Mystery solved, cheers mate.

robot7080 wrote: »
    i live about 1km from it but havent heard the noise?. Did you ever get the smell in the air from it? well its either that or the fumes from the heroin boiling on the spoons!

I love that smell in the morning on my way to work. Reminds me, especially on Friday of what I have to look forward to later that night. A pint that is, not heroin.

Advertisement