Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Responsibility for replacing bins

Options
  • 07-09-2012 12:13pm

Just trying to get some clarification on who is responsible for replacing wheelie bins when they go "missing".

A wheelie bin has disappeared from an apartment complex, each apartment is responsible for their own bins and tenant pays for their own waste. If one of these bins goes missing, who is responsible for the €40 replacement charge. Tenant or Landlord?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The landlord, unless he can prove that the tenants "lost" the bin.

Like anything else which comes with the apartment, if it's stolen then it's the landlord who has to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you're stuck for a bin, there's always a few free on Adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Most bins are chipped now though so they won't have the persons account number on it.

FWIW my bin was robbed a little while ago, I replaced it... never even thought of contacting my landlord for it... I pay for the bin collections so thought the bins would be my responsibility also. I didn't have them secure (I have a side entrance) so replaced it myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 180 ✭✭markas

January wrote: »
    Most bins are chipped now though so they won't have the persons account number on it.

FWIW my bin was robbed a little while ago, I replaced it... never even thought of contacting my landlord for it... I pay for the bin collections so thought the bins would be my responsibility also. I didn't have them secure (I have a side entrance) so replaced it myself.

I do not understand why bin would be robbed? Most likely it just landed in nearby bushes or river.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

They make an excellient coal bunker which some slight modification :-)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

markas wrote: »
    I do not understand why bin would be robbed? Most likely it just landed in nearby bushes or river.

we are great for keep horse feed dry.

this is why ours were robbed, we now have then chained to a wall

Advertisement