Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire 'NO' Unlock

Options
  • 07-09-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

Any help appreciated.

I have recently finished my contract with eMobile for my HTC desire and I wish to move to another service provider. I have requested the unlock code for my phone and a few emails went back and forth. This morning I received an email with the following info:

"Dear Max,

Thank you for your email.

The HTC Desire is an already unlocked handset, HTC did not issue a lock on the handset.

You will need to perform a full factory reset on the handset before you will be able to enter another network sim into the handset.

Please note that by performing a full factory reset you will loose your apps and contacts saved to the handset."

End of Email

Whilst I don't have a problem doing a reset, I have never heard of this before. A supplier providing a phone on contract without unlock code?

Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal? Is it correct?

I don't want to try it out until I set up with my new provider.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Some networks don't lock phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭kirving

You can back up all the contents of the phone, and transfer the stuff back over afterwards.

Never heard of having to only reset the phone to unlock it. Maybe what they mean is that the phone was never locked, but the best way to get rid of all the eMobile connection settings is to reset the phone entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement