Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2012 Results thread - **see mod note first post**

Options
  • 07-09-2012 1:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again - Junior Cert. results. Please use this thread for discussion of your results.

The vast majority of you will do better than you expect, but people learn and mature at different rates, so if the JC doesn't go as well as you expect, well maybe your sprint is going to be in fifth year, or TY, or maybe it will even be sixth year or college when you will come into your own.

Whatever happens on Wednesday, it is not the end of anyone's world and no, nobody will be 'disappointed' in you if you tried your best.

You are a lot more than a set of examination results.

Zero tolerance on this forum for anyone who belittles someone else because of their results or levels (be they good or not so good).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Heart rate went up a few BPMs there... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Anyone have any predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Good luck everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ImRebecca

I'm so scared D;

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kmgirl

I can't wait for Wednesday to come now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Belle Mona

I wish Wednesday would come quick so i'd never have to go through this again till the leaving but not looking forward to Wednesday. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I'm so nervous!
    Especially for science which I know I did **** in, even though it's the one I studied most for...

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

gaaaaahhh scary stuff!
    I'm am bricking it! D:

English - Happy
    Irish - GAAAAAAAAAAHH, totally bricking it
    Maths - Ok - Happy
    Science - Ok :s The exam was veeeryy different this year D: and we did NOTHING on water treatment (that was 8% worth!)
    Geog - Happy
    MTW - Happy
    TG - Not happy D: (not doing it for LC though :L)
    Busines - ok :S
    French - v Happy
    CSPE - Happy

Irish I am so scared I failed D:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CatalysTftw

i screwed up in irish higher level anyway [paper 2 was hard] but i think i did okay in the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Ahh so excited.. Simply cannot wait for wednesday! I think I did grand overall.. But can see gettin a D in maths and English *not my first language though* .. Anyone think that HL business was SO easy this year?:)

• Advertisement

sara16 wrote: »
    Ahh so excited.. Simply cannot wait for wednesday! I think I did grand overall.. But can see gettin a D in maths and English *not my first language though* .. Anyone think that HL business was SO easy this year?:)
    Business was straight forward. Did ur accounts balance???

Yep:) one of them didn't at first but fixed it within two mins:D was actually so happy.. So I better get my A or B.. Cuz that's the only one I'm hoping for :D

Gonna be honest and say that English was a train wreck for me. I'll be sásta with a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Good luck everyone, you have an exciting day ahead of you if my own results day was anything to go by. :)

sara16 wrote: »
    Yep:) one of them didn't at first but fixed it within two mins:D was actually so happy.. So I better get my A or B.. Cuz that's the only one I'm hoping for :D
    My trading a/c balance for the first time in 3rd year. i was so happy. Everything else bar the budget balanced. So happy

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

im so excited for tomorrow! lolol

my dad predicts that i will get 2A 4B 2C (all higher level subjects)
    if i only get 2A's i owe him a tenner and if i get 3A's he owes me a tenner :L

(and yes, i only do 8 subjects)
    and if i get 8A's he owes me 200 euro.
    (it's impossible for me to get 8A's though thats why in our contract i simply put 200 euro lol)

im predicting 3A's 5B's.

but if i get a really good nice kind person who marks my papers
    i hope for 5A 3B

pray for me guys

if i get 8A's i'll give everyone free cookies.

<3

oh and

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE GETTING THEIR RESULTS TOMORROW!

:D;):):p:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

do the results come online or what ? My school is crap @ telling us things :D G'luck to every1:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭TadhgSk

do the results come online or what ? My school is crap @ telling us things :D G'luck to every1:)
    Ya at 4 o clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

if you wanna check your results online, wait till it's 4:00PM and click here
    and enter your exam number and PIN number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

I'm bricking it.
    Business, Geography, CSPE and Irish were extremely easy, hoping for A's or high B's.
    Maths, Science and German I am terrified! I found the exams extremely hard!
    Everything else I'm praying for a C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

BRICKING IT LADS

So our German teacher was like "So no one's going to be in Thursday then? :P"

And I'm just like:

foreveralone.gif

Everyone's going to do better than they expected.YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 2Mainstream

paddyzk wrote: »

I don't agree. Some people in my year are quiet cocky and think they will do very well and everyone would be very suprised if they did? I'm scared I think I'll do worse than I expect and be disappointed tomorrow. I don't think it is guaranteed we all do better than we think. There are always exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

BRICKING IT LADS

Good luck lad..(like you give a **** I said that :rolleyes:)

Leinsterr wrote: »
    My trading a/c balance for the first time in 3rd year. i was so happy. Everything else bar the budget balanced. So happy

i actually don't remember what didnt balance but i think it was a club a/c :L and same here tbh.. nothing EVER balanced in class and then bam! it all sort of did :D

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!;) SO excited! do we all get them around 1pm or is it just my school ? :/

I don't agree. Some people in my year are quiet cocky and think they will do very well and everyone would be very suprised if they did? I'm scared I think I'll do worse than I expect and be disappointed tomorrow. I don't think it is guaranteed we all do better than we think. There are always exceptions.

23645357.jpg

Completely agree. One of my mates is really cocky but the sad thing is he isn't sarcastic when he boasts, he is dead serious. Outside the exam hall, there was a list of exam times. There he was listing his "predicted" results literally "A,A,A,B,A.....", even though he didn't get 1A in the mocks I think 2 Bs and the rest Cs,Ds and a fail in maths and Irish (higher), it gave me a migrane. People who do nothing during the year, claim that exams are marked easy are close to a waste of space. You can't just say i'll do grand and hope for the best. That's very unhealthy. I'm an A student, not boasting its just a fact. When people ask me how was it I say it was all right/tough, even though could be píss easy. They go on about how easy it was and how they will "definitely" get an A. 8 times out of 10 they will get a low B at most and complain about the marking. I don't mean to be complaining but sometimes I'm forced into it by arrogant prícks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Completely agree. One of my mates is really cocky but the sad thing is he isn't sarcastic when he boasts, he is dead serious. Outside the exam hall, there was a list of exam times. There he was listing his "predicted" results literally "A,A,A,B,A.....", even though he didn't get 1A in the mocks I think 2 Bs and the rest Cs,Ds and a fail in maths and Irish (higher), it gave me a migrane. People who do nothing during the year, claim that exams are marked easy are close to a waste of space. You can't just say i'll do grand and hope for the best. That's very unhealthy. I'm an A student, not boasting its just a fact. When people ask me how was it I say it was all right/tough, even though could be píss easy. They go on about how easy it was and how they will "definitely" get an A. 8 times out of 10 they will get a low B at most and complain about the marking. I don't mean to be complaining but sometimes I'm forced into it by arrogant prícks.

People generally do better than they think they will.
    The types you describe above are the ones who don't and then go 'the Junior is a load of ****e and doesn't mean anything anyway'.

They are also the ones who, instead of learning from the experience, will blame their teachers, or the school, or the correctors and will learn nothing from the experience in time for the Leaving.

Ignore them and steer your own path.

• Advertisement

Dude.

Advertisement