Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2012 Results thread - **see mod note first post**

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭moosemann0001

Got an A in English! I don't even care about the rest 3 A's and 8 Bs, got low Bs all through 2nd and 3rd year, never expected that in a million years!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Got All Honours but kinda dissapointed with only a C in English :/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Got All Honours but kinda dissapointed with only a C in English :/

Same here! But then again a C is still great like!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 2Mainstream

I'm really happy with my results because I didn't study at all! 11 honours all higher level.
    English: A Really happy only got a C in mock.
    Irish: C
    Maths: C dissapointed because I got 82 in the mocks.
    Home ec: A
    Art: A
    French: C
    CSPE: A
    Religion: B
    Science: C got an F in the mock.
    Geography: B happy because I never looked at a book our listened.
    History: B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

All higher level

History A- so happy considering i got a D in the mocks !
    Business A-one of my strongest so was expecting !
    Spanish A- thought i only got a B so delighted !
    French B- thought i got an A as i felt i did so much better in this then spanish !
    Geography B- was hoping for an A but thats pretty much the same with everyone
    Science B
    CSPE B
    English C- never got a C before in english so i think a recheck is on the cards,my teacher agrees,felt i deserved at least a B
    Irish C-got a B in the mocks and worked real hard on this subject,felt confident coming out of the exam
    Maths C-expected

Overall happy enough but i feel hard done by with English Irish and Maths!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 louiseee

English (HL) A
    Irish (HL) B
    Maths (HL) C
    French (HL) A
    History (HL) A
    Geography (HL) B but I'm going to appeal it
    Religion (HL) A
    CSPE A
    Music (HL) A
    Home Ec (HL) B
    Science (HL) B

Delighted :D Hope everyone is happy! I came out of maths crying, I was convinced I had failed! Whoooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

Anyone know what the story is with geography? Got my first ever B in it, never gotten below 90 before, was there a new marking scheme or what? I felt the paper went really well but don't know? My teacher thinks a re-check would move me up but I don't really know if I'll bother? Only one A in the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FluffyDelusion

(all higher level)

English - B
    Irish - A
    Maths - A (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! :D:D:D:D FIRST A IN MATHS SINCE 1ST YEAR)
    History - A
    Geog - A
    Religion - A
    Science - B (SO HAPPY THOUGHT I FAILED :D )
    French - A
    Spanish - A (REALLY HAPPY, THOUGHT THE EXAM WAS PRETTY HARD ;) )
    CSPE - A
    Technology - A (WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY SCARED FOR THAT ;D )

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

9 A's and a B in CSPE!!! I'm still in schock I think. :D

Well done to everyone who got their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kmgirl

Was anyone else disappointed with what they got in home ec? I Got an A in the mocks but I went down to a B in the junior cert?. It was the only subject I went down a grade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RisaRisax

Irish (OL) - C
    English (HL) - B
    Spanish (HL) - B
    Maths (HL) - B
    History (HL) - B
    Geography (HL) - B
    Home Ec (HL) - B
    Music (HL) - B
    Science (HL) - B
    C.S.P.E - B
    Business (HL) - C

9 B's and 2 C's.. I was so disappointed about getting no A's. :( Was really expecting an A in Geography, History and Music. I don't really understand where I went wrong, but I'm not going to bother appealing.. If it were leaving cert I'd definitely appeal! Got A's in every Geography exam until now. :( bummer! On another note, I'm quite happy with Maths, Business, English and Spanish. Used to get D's in Business and English. Guess the English grinds really paid off. :) My first language is Japanese so, a B sent me over the moon! I really didn't even expect to pass Irish! I drew a sorry note at the back of my exam paper even, baha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Junokevv wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with geography? Got my first ever B in it, never gotten below 90 before, was there a new marking scheme or what? I felt the paper went really well but don't know? My teacher thinks a re-check would move me up but I don't really know if I'll bother? Only one A in the year too.

I got an A but I wrote a ridiculous amount :L

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

paddyzk wrote: »
    I got an A but I wrote a ridiculous amount :L

Only two people in my year (of 147) got A's. Me and another girl who got 8A's/2B's!
    It was a relatively easy paper, so marking was gonna be hard, you had to have really clear answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Holly27

Was so happy with my results!
    All higher level & common in cspe

Irish - B :) (low c in mock)

English - B (low b in mock)

Maths - A!!!!!!!!! :D ( D in mock!)

History - A ! ( was SO SO SO shocked! Low C in mock

Geography - B (same as mock but didnt study after mocks! Crap teacher and earlier in october he told me I should expect 30% - 40% did everything myself!!

French - B ( same as mock but expected an A , as did my teacher :/ but im happy. It was supposed to be hard marked...

Business - B (really wanted an A b/c I did the day books.and got it to balance fully..)

Home Ec. - A ( delighted! But was expected)

Metalwork - A ( ESTATIC!!!! Yes, I'm a girl hahaha

Science - B ( happy enough taking that I had a ****e teacher and did all the work myself since the mocks!)

Cspe - A! ( really happy considering very few in my year got a's )

So overall 5A's and 6 b's :D
    Was amazed! & i'm honestly so proud of myself because I didnt get any grinds in maths after I got a D and studied my ass off ! I dont want to seem cocky b/c i'm not but im just so suprised!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

10 out of 10 A's!!
    Boom city!!
    Was aiming for 7 so over the moon :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Was anybody else crying when they got theirs?
    I was so upset with mine and I'm getting Business, French & English re-checked.
    Irish Ord B
    English H C
    Maths H C
    Geog H C (This one REALLY pissed me off)
    History H C (Can genuinely say the only study I did was a chat with my besto who is a history nerd about the formation and revolution)
    Business H B
    French H B
    Religion H B (Did no study in this either, goes to show how much you can bull**** in this exam :L)
    Home Ec H C
    Science H C
    Music H B
    CSPE C B (No words could describe how humiliated I felt when I saw that)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Un-stickying this.

Advertisement