Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PG cert in law

• 07-09-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/llm#overview

Anyone care to offer their opinion of this? My undergrad isn't law so was looking at postgrad courses that start from scratch. Does anybody know if this course would be any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

caff wrote: »
    http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/llm#overview

Anyone care to offer their opinion of this? My undergrad isn't law so was looking at postgrad courses that start from scratch. Does anybody know if this course would be any good?

To do what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

To upskill really. I work in IT management for a finance company so was looking to learn more about either IT or finance law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

caff wrote: »
    To upskill really. I work in IT management for a finance company so was looking to learn more about either IT or finance law.

I wish you the best of luck - hopefully you won't get bitten by the law bug too much :D it's bloody addictive! I can't comment on that course specifically but I would have thought any good LLM would be useful to up skill - it would be a different story if you wanted to teach or practice which is why I asked.

Any reason you want to go out of state to do it? Just curious. Bear in mind the law might be subtly different in the UK - that might be an advantage for you if you're looking to work in the UK of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I wish you the best of luck - hopefully you won't get bitten by the law bug too much :D it's bloody addictive! I can't comment on that course specifically but I would have thought any good LLM would be useful to up skill - it would be a different story if you wanted to teach or practice which is why I asked.

Any reason you want to go out of state to do it? Just curious. Bear in mind the law might be subtly different in the UK - that might be an advantage for you if you're looking to work in the UK of course.

I was lookin at distance learning courses and it was the only one that popped up that ticked the boxes of been from a respected university and also had the option of just starting with a cert and then building up if I hadn't been scared off by it. I see that hiberian in dublin offer the same one but with higher fees.

Advertisement