Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrepreneurship college course

Options
  • 07-09-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    anybody have any opinion on this course?
    Any business people/Entrepreneurs out there who could give me some guidance as it's a brand new course so there isn't any past students I can ask

http://www.lit.ie/Courses/LC226

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Most those modules i have done on a business Course - go figure !

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Cool story, any helpful comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well heres one ..

Go do your entrepreneurship course and see if it finishes out and hope u get a job on the end with this piece of paper.
    Or do a legitimate business course and see do you get a job from that

True story ..

Why wouldn't it finish I don't understand? How is a Bachelor in Business that you receive from this course just a 'piece of paper' but another Business course not? I'm not sure I follow or maybe your just slightly confused?

Are you referring to the fact that a Business degree from an IT isn't as valuable? That would be a concern id have to be honest

Also I think the main aim is to provide people doing the course with a Business degree but focusing on Business start up, which is why i'm looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Yes! this is just a general business course with a fancy name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Koshea

By having a quick look over the modules this looks very close to the "Fiontar" course run in DCU for a good few years.(has now been replaced with a BA in Journalism and BA in Business as opposed to the Bsc/BA i Fiontraíocht le Ríomhairecht/Gaeilge Fheimneach=Enterprise with IT/Applied Irish)

You do come out of the course with a Bsc/BA but all modules are based around giving you the fundamentals to start and run your own business.

Off the top of my head Zamano was started by a couple of Fiontar students straight away along with a couple of other companies.

It looks structured the same as the Fiontar course with work experience in 3rd year. 4rth year project will be based on coming up with a competent business plan with all market research/finances etc. done.

(Fiontar Graduate)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

JustLen wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    anybody have any opinion on this course?
    Any business people/Entrepreneurs out there who could give me some guidance as it's a brand new course so there isn't any past students I can ask

http://www.lit.ie/Courses/LC226

I wouldn't recommend an undergraduate education in a course supposedly focusing on entrepreneurship. I believe that if you are to study entrepreneurship, it should be done at postgraduate level, particularly if you have previously studied a technical/engineering/scientific cource with little/no business content.

Thanks guys for the helpful input. Unfortunately the course ended up not being run this year so I took a different option.
    However I'm told that it will be un through the CAO next year so this thread may/will be helpful to others in the future

Advertisement