Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i see your tarrifs

Options
  • 07-09-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

where can i get a clear break down of your tarrifs? your website doesnt have them in a clear location so i can do a side by side comparreson of other providers. I want to be able to compare the rate per kWh and any standing charges etc. I was previously a BGE customer and switched to your company and to be frank in teh last year I havent seen any savings. my gas bills are the same if not slightly higher and my electricity bills are wat higher than ever even though my usage is the same if not better. by that i mean i'm making sure i switch off lights, dont leave applience plugged in etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Faolchu,

If you go to the Priceplan section of our website, and click on 'More Details' beneath whichever priceplan you need further information for, you'll find all the relevant unit prices/standing charges etc. All quoted rates and prices incl. VAT at 13.5%.

If you need help making savings on your bill, I'd recommend checking out our Appliance Calculator (also an Android/iPhone app) and our Energy Saving Wizard.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 misefein

My ESB (electricity only) bill was prepaid about two years ago as payments had been based on estimates. I had no problem with that. The day came when I requested the matter be brought up to date, and true readings were submitted either by me or by a meter reader. The readings were correct. No dispute re such.

Credit then appeared on the next bill in amount of about €78. No workings were shown as to how the figure was computed. I asked for details. With some difficulty and nastiness on the part of the ESB individual I got the information I requested. I was now satisfied that the figure for credit was correct.

However it appears the individual in the ESB decided he / she would get his / her revenge on me for my audacity to query his / her unexplained figure. I received no regular bill for the next six or eight months. I had to phone each time and a 'copy' would then be sent, which invariably I would receive more or less in the next post. The bills would always be paid promptly by me.

I was told regarding the absent bills 'oh, take it up with An Post' and such comments. Nothing whatever to do with wonderful ESB. Over twenty years there had been no trouble with deliveries per An Post.

I have no doubt that non-receipt of bills by me had nothing whatever to do with An Post. It was arranged by the man / woman in the ESB that no bill would issue. That in time - if I was foolish enough - would bring about a situation which would have my supply cut. That would put manners on me - he / she hoped.

I then learned I could get my bill per email. That would put an end to the alleged An Post failures. Would'nt it?

But ESB were winners again. The emails from them would require a magnifying glass to be read. I complained and a man phoned me. He understood the problem. He would put it right. That was 19th January 2012. Nothing was ever done. There was further correspondence between me and the ESB including a letter to the chief executive. Still nothing was done. With some of the letters from the ESB a bill would be included. When found to be correct such bill would be paid promptly by me.

As I was then receiving no bill - or certainly one that could be read other than with magnifying glass - I paid no bill. But I got rude correspondence from an individual in the ESB stating inter alia that they would send someone to my door who would read the email for me, and since I appeared to be blind they would of course spell out certain words for me etc etc. Another letter from ESB threatened to damage my credit, have the sheriff confiscate my property etc etc etc.

There was a time when one didn't associate cowboy behaviour with the ESB. Clearly that day is well gone.

I am now waiting for the day when the ESB will cut my supply. I will immediately go to reside in the local hotel and all expenses will be charged to them. I will also take immediate court proceedings against them seeking injunctions and damages.

Cowboys (and cowgirls, of course - we mustn't forget them) - yes, we have such in the ESB / Electric Ireland. And how happy they are to wallow in their disgraceful misbehaviour. It all boils down to grossly incompetent management of course.
    Big chiefs useless - little indians worse.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks,
    Misefein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

misefein wrote:
    However it appears the individual in the ESB decided he / she would get his / her revenge on me for my audacity to query his / her unexplained figure.... I have no doubt that non-receipt of bills by me had nothing whatever to do with An Post. It was arranged by the man / woman in the ESB that no bill would issue. That in time - if I was foolish enough - would bring about a situation which would have my supply cut. That would put manners on me - he / she hoped.

This really is ludicrous paranoia. It's hard to know where to begin! While I doubt that Electric Ireland staff are even granted the facility to interfere with such automatic system-processes like the issuing of invoices (a lot of companies use similar software, like SAP, which take care of this and are designed so as to be impossible to secretly 'meddle' with them), to think that they have the time or inclination to take their 'revenge' in such a manner is grossly delusional.

I've worked in an office before where bills are issued etc, and I can assure you that if anything like that ever happened, the said employee would be fired without hesitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Anyhow, back on track. Guys, what's the new standard unit rate for electricity from October 1st, when the 5.9% increase comes in?

Hi misefein,

I can assure you that Electric Ireland staff would never make any attempt to intentionally interfere with a customer receiving their invoices.
    misefein wrote:
    But ESB were winners again. The emails from them would require a magnifying glass to be read. I complained and a man phoned me. He understood the problem. He would put it right. That was 19th January 2012. Nothing was ever done.

Can you tell us what email service (gmail/yahoo/hotmail) and internet browser you use? In general, if the text size on your monitor is too small, pressing Ctrl and + should increase the level of zoom.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement

Priori wrote:
    Guys, what's the new standard unit rate for electricity from October 1st, when the 5.9% increase comes in?

Hi Priori,

The standard unit rate for electricity is currently 16.19c (18.38c incl. VAT). From October 1st it will increase by 0.8c to 16.99c (19.28c incl. VAT).

All our currently-applicable rates are visible in the Priceplan section of our website.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 misefein

Thanks David.
    The CTRL + solved the problem.
    Your noble views on ESB employees are admirable but in this case not merited.
    Le buíochas,
    Misefein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

misefein wrote: »
    Your noble views on ESB employees are admirable but in this case not merited.
    Le buíochas,
    Misefein
    How can you make such an outlandish claim without proof? It's only based on a hunch you have, and completely implausible.

Advertisement