Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mick Wallace (It's a great life!!)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

bijapos wrote: »
    Oh have they? Good to know. 19 Independents X €41K p.a = €800k p.a X 5 years of a dail lifetime = €4,000,000 + . This could be sorted at the stroke of a pen, and they can't do that. FFS, that's incompetence and typical that they don't want to rock the boat and get a hard time in Dail debates. The fact that you regard this as small fish is more than disappointing.
    The stroke of a pen? Or a change in the law, which would require hours committee time, readings in the Dáil, debates and so forth? We are running a current account deficit of over €10,000,000,000 per annum - sure, saving a million of that per year would be handy, but the other 99.99% of the deficit seems to have taken precedence.
    OK. so now FG have no control over their councillors, many of whom are now sitting in the Dail. I never heard any TD shout stop. Did you?
    Shout stop to what? :confused:
    Fault of the parties.
    Please explain.
    Every penny counts, it's just as easy to pay them at the max that was agreed instead of going over. The fact that they can't means that the original agreement means nothing to them and that they have little backbone.

The fact that you try to defend the above is bizarre tbh.
    So they should have hired second raters in key advisory posts rather than pay an extra 20k per year or whatever? Would you be happy with a second-rater giving key advice to the minister of health or finance or whatever, when 20k more could hire someone who might save hundreds of millions?

Are you familiar with the concept of 'pound foolish, penny wise'?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

Don't give this guy any more money;

http://www.wallacewinebars.ie/

Boycott the mo'fo'!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

anyone that upsets the indo so much, has gotta be doing something right.

read the first few para, he didnt take the money he was entitled to for the first yr or so, and now he is.

boy, does this evil doer need to be exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

seamus wrote: »
    He's not talking about breaking the rules, he means that if the money's there, the guy is going to take it.

Be honest - if your employer had a scheme whereby you could "claim" a huge chunk of cash each year that was unvouched, untaxed and required no extra effort from you except to fill out a form, you would take it.
    You wouldn't refuse it "for the good of the company", you'd take it.

The real problem here isn't that Mick Wallace is taking it, the problem is that this payment exists at all. All these nonsense allowances need to be eradicated across the public and civil sector. In every other sector you get paid your salary and that's it.

Mick Wallace is separately a joke because he got elected on the basis of making changes and challenging the "fat cats" who destroyed the economy, while somehow managing to hide the fact that he was one of these people who destroyed the economy. He's laughing at the people who voted him in. They must fee very silly indeed.

Good post Shemus :)
    I'm just a bit conflicted on this one tho. Not from what anything you said :) Just about the whole thing. From a moral stand point.

Obviously this allowance was created by the government themselves. To suit themselves. Making it absolutely legal for them to get this....

I raise an eyebrow at that tho :o
    If its legal of them to abuse things .. Is it really that bad if someone abuses the system illegally?

Take someone on the social welfare but who is also getting a weeks wage. The public belief is that this person is a boil on society. But how is he different from them? One type creates the law and the other type abuses it .... but yet there is more talk about the comman man working the system that the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

So lets see!

Wallace is getting a salary of 93,000 a year. And he is due to give up have of that salary to revenue to pay back the debts that he built up. So that 46k a year with 46k left over for take home pay. And now his pay is being topped up by an untaxed allowance of 41k.

Why is his 41k allowance untaxed?
    Biggins wrote: »

Jesus christ!
    He's not even in this country any more and he's still getting paid.

I saw Bertie's face on the front page of a magazine today. He's the maker of all this fcuking crap with ridiculous pay, perks, expenses and allowances.

How can they justify all this while the country is going down the drain?

Does any of this kind of sh1t with high wages, perks abd pensions and early pensions happen elsewhere around europe? Or is it just here?

Is there anything or anyone that will stop this expense gravy train? FG aren't going to do it. They'll be drilling holes in their own pockets.

Isn't there a country in Europe without a government? How are they getting on now or did they get a government.

Can we not just get rid of ours and save a few bob.

Shouldn't Wallaces incomes - salary and allowance be combined for revenue and as agreed, pay half.

Ok, here are some sums

Wallace's salary is 93,000
    He's due to give up half of that - 46k
    Thats 46k left over.
    He is now taking a 41k allowance.
    So his take home pay is 87k.

But his salary is 93k
    His 41k allowance is bringing his salary up to 134,000k a year.
    Half of this is 67,000.

So with this allowance he has doubled his 46k take home pay and cheating revenue of 21k.

I still don't understand how this man isn't in prison. Garlic man and car dealership man got prision sentences.

So he didn't get a prison sentence. If anyone else was to cheat revenue or make a mistake in tax returns, they'll be paying what they owe with interest and penalities. Not only this, but they'd be lucky if they'd have enough money left over for a grocery shop. Wallace is still getting a nice take home sum. And was there something reported that he went to Poland to watch a match?

Man, I bet Luke Ming is embarassed to sit beside him in the Dail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Maybe we can protest to Germany, I mean they kind of own us at this stage. Show them that we will not follow any austerity package until they come in and sort out our ****ty politicians. Bring it to the attention of the rest of Europe that the people who have run Ireland into the ground are still lapping it up.

The problem is that outside of Ireland very few people know whats going on. I have spent a lot of time in France and they all think we are in debt because we have huge houses and are greedy *****.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Maybe we can protest to Germany, I mean they kind of own us at this stage. Show them that we will not follow any austerity package until they come in and sort out our ****ty politicians. Bring it to the attention of the rest of Europe that the people who have run Ireland into the ground are still lapping it up.

The problem is that outside of Ireland very few people know whats going on. I have spent a lot of time in France and they all think we are in debt because we have huge houses and are greedy *****.

Finally, someone who's speaking some sense. I'd actually prefer it. We'd have some hope of survival just by giving ourselves up to Europe. We're giving ourselves up anyway. We might as well hand Merkel the keys.

Ireland is going down. We're going down. If I'm going down, I want to take them with me. I mean I want to take our shower of 'leaders' down and fcuking out.

Edit: we're not all in debt, and we don't all own houses never mind huge houses and we're not all greedy fcukers. I'd say feck all in Europe know our problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

For a country going down the ****ter it makes no sense that certain individuals are getting paid so much, and lets face it, the Irish people aren't gonna do anything about it. But its ok shur it will all be grand.

• Advertisement

I just emailed Mr Wallace, the Taoiseach, Alan Shatter and Brendan Howlin to tell them I think he should resign his Dail seat. If you feel strongly about it I suggest you do the same. Their email addresses are as follows;

webmaster@taoiseach.gov.ie
    alan.shatter@oireachtas.ie,
    brendan.howlin@oir.ie,
    mick.wallace@oireachtas.ie

I walked past his restaurant (Wallace's Taverna in 'the Italian quarter') last Friday night and it was packed. Makes me sick how people can still support a man like this and how willingly they give him their money as he continues to screw all of us day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

zipzoc wrote: »
    I just emailed Mr Wallace, the Taoiseach, Alan Shatter and Brendan Howlin to tell them I think he should resign his Dail seat. If you feel strongly about it I suggest you do the same. Their email addresses are as follows;

brendan.howlin@oir.ie,

I walked past his restaurant (Wallace's Taverna in 'the Italian quarter') last Friday night and it was packed. Makes me sick how people can still support a man like this and how willingly they give him their money as he continues to screw all of us day every day.

Wont happen he will not give it up. I dont think Enda, Shatter or Howlin can do a damn thing to get him out

Good man Mick - this is a great way to pay back the €2 million euro plus you stole from the taxpayer (and schools and hospitals):
    TAX cheat Mick Wallace was paid more than €62,000 last month after he began claiming the controversial party leader's allowance.

The Irish Independent has learned the TD received more than 15 months' payments in a lump sum after deciding to accept the untaxed and unvouched allowance, which is worth €41,000 a year.

The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform confirmed last night that Mr Wallace began claiming the payment last month -- but had asked for it to be backdated to March last year.

The amount paid to date is €62,218, it said.

The extent of the payments comes after the Irish Independent revealed last week that the tax cheat had started claiming the untaxed and unvouched leader's allowance.

The Independent TD refused to say if he decided to draw down the payment following revelations about his massive €2.1m tax bill.

Good man Mick - this is a great way to pay back the €2 million euro plus you stole from the taxpayer (and schools and hospitals):

Jesus Christ

There is a politician named Mick,
    A developer he once was - the prick,
    He entered the dail,
    New politics was his call,
    But he is a greedy, cheating dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

:mad:

I dunno what to say anymore

:mad:

• Advertisement

Wont happen he will not give it up. I dont think Enda, Shatter or Howlin can do a damn thing to get him out

I know..sad isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Huzzar to theIrish electorate, we are a sharp bunch. Lets make sure he tops the poll the next time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

brendan.howlin@oir.ie,

I don't mean to piss on your efforts but e-mail doesn't matter a damn. If you're really up for it then pen letters and post them, it's the only way to send a message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

How do we force a by election ? Because he can mumble on and on about how he'll step down if the people of wexford want him to but he's not exactly given them any say in the matter.

Anyone I know from wexford who voted for him wouldnt do so again. His support in wexford has disintegrated and he knows damn well they want him to resign. He was in it for the money from the beginning and everyone has realised it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Scioch wrote: »
    How do we force a by election ? Because he can mumble on and on about how he'll step down if the people of wexford want him to but he's not exactly given them any say in the matter.

Anyone I know from wexford who voted for him wouldnt do so again. His support in wexford has disintegrated and he knows damn well they want him to resign. He was in it for the money from the beginning and everyone has realised it.

I was told this evening by a friend they read that he said he was taking the leadership allowance to research what it is that the people of wexford want him to do for them. Nearly wet myself. I'm from wexford and look forward to him calling to me as part of his research to find out what it is I want him to do.

For the record I want him to resign apologise and get the hell out of wexford and stop heaping shame on the people of this county.

• Advertisement

FF fcuked up this country with their runaway policies, over inflating wages and losened bank regulation and the two went hand in hand to create a bubble and with this they lined their own pockets. Economy set up on quicksand and all done out of greed.

When the bust came, they helped themselves, saved their mates in the developing and banking sectors and didn't do half enough to control spending, probably hoping that things would pick up and today we have a failed banking system with japanese style ghosts banks and a huge deficit and a feck load of debt - on personal, business and state levels.

This country was run on a hidden policy of greed. One thing was for sure, the politicial field was and is still corrupt.

The events of 2008 and November of 2010 when the IMF were called in, were huge wake up calls for so many people. Many people were able to see many problems that Ireland had and feburary of 2011, we voted in the elections, hoping for change and reform.

In FGs and Labours 2011 maninfestos, they had sections of new politics and white collar crime.

We now have a politician, elected to the dail and it turns out he cheated on his tax bills. He was due to give up half his salary to repay what he owes. Less than 3 months later he takes and allowance that he is entitled to, and gets it backdated to march 2011 - backdated 15 months. Is he going to declare his new income to revenue?

Here we have something corrupt and greedy too (the same as what was there previously). I want to know what FG are going to do about this? They said they were going to sort out white collar crime and deliver a new politics to Ireland.

Now is your chance Enda.

Or are you just going to sit on this, the same as Berties tribunal?
    Colmustard wrote: »
    Huzzar to theIrish electorate, we are a sharp bunch. Lets make sure he tops the poll the next time around.

The whole of the Irish electorate? Wallace was in one constinuncy. I fail to see how the rest of Ireland are responsible for sending a developer to the Dail.

donalg1 wrote: »
    I was told this evening by a friend they read that he said he was taking the leadership allowance to research what it is that the people of wexford want him to do for them. Nearly wet myself. I'm from wexford and look forward to him calling to me as part of his research to find out what it is I want him to do.

For the record I want him to resign apologise and get the hell out of wexford and stop heaping shame on the people of this county.

We could compile a list of his businesses so we can start to boycott them....?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lorgach

The pity is that TD Claire Daly can no longer speak at rallys or marches on the Home Tax because of her support for Mick Wallace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

donalg1 wrote: »

We could compile a list of his businesses so we can start to boycott them....?

I already do, not by choice I just have never been to any of them won't be going now anyway although a concerted campaign to get him out would be a good idea.

Lorgach wrote: »
    The pity is that TD Claire Daly can no longer speak at rallys or marches on the Home Tax because of her support for Mick Wallace
    On the contrary - the less people have to listen that commie wind-bag, the better...

Advertisement