Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Parking.

Options
  • 07-09-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in around Waterford city that you can park for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The small few magic spaces outside TK Max. There used to be a 1 hour grace period at the De La Salle end of the park but don't know if this is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

alan27 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in around Waterford city that you can park for free?

in short, i would say NO, there is no free parking in city centre. there is no free parking in any city centre outside of sunday. there would be free parking if your willing to walk a small bit to a residential area. wouldnt take you long

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

yes! just pull up on the inside lane on the quay and put on your hazard warning lights .... never seems to be a problem for the people who do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

Thanks for the replies lads. I will try and get a permit instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

You can park in tesco poleberry for 2 hours for free. There are also a number of car parks around railway square that do it for about 4 euro a day or even less for a week ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

railway square car park is 3.20.. anyone have any idea what time it closes though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Here:

http://goo.gl/maps/R16Y9

and here:

http://goo.gl/maps/Yjz6t

*cannot guarantee no parking ticket!

Outside the city but within walking distance, you're looking at:
    The Marion by the Mercy school
    Upper Yellow Rd
    Ballytruckle
    The entrance to the old Jury's hotel site
    Catherine's Grange
    Superquinn
    RSC
    The estate across from City Vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

I see a notice up in college for €10 for the week in railway square.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

alan27 wrote: »
    I see a notice up in college for €10 for the week in railway square.
    Is that for students only and how do you get the weekly ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

railway square car park is 3.20.. anyone have any idea what time it closes though?
    I'm fairly sure there's no gate on that car park, so there is no closing time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Technically that carpark is called Miller's Marsh. I think the underground carpark underneath TK Maxx is called Railway Sq. Carpark and that closes at 7 or 8. I used to live in the apartments there and if you didn't have a residents keyfob it was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Technically that carpark is called Miller's Marsh. I think the underground carpark underneath TK Maxx is called Railway Sq. Carpark and that closes at 7 or 8. I used to live in the apartments there and if you didn't have a residents keyfob it was a nightmare.
    You're spot on. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

It closes at half seven in the evening.

and the 10pw is only for students, they will ask to see your student card etc.

Advertisement