Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a new mobile number on 3

Options
  • 07-09-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to choose your own number on 3 ie, pick your own digits? A few years ago, a mate did this when buying choosing a new number with O2. They had this service in the O2 Experience store where you inputted loads of details into the computer and once finished, it spat out a number. He entered the number 2 for nearly every answer and after a few attempts, had the desired number he was looking for. Is there a similar system in place with 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is no option with any provider for this. Only thing is to go to a store, and ask if they will let you pick from the list of sims they have in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cool no worries. I've one more question with regard prepay on 3:

On their site it says that if you topup with just €20 once every 30 days you get:

- all you can eat data for the month
    - free texts to any network for the month
    - free calls to three mobiles
    &
    - free calls to any network on the weekends

Is there a snag here? I'm currently on billpay with O2 but now I'm thinking of switching to this. There has to be a catch. I mostly use my phone for browsing and texting and if I'm correct, all I'll pretty much have to pay is €20 to do as much of this as I like for the whole month. The only snare I can think of with prepay is that I'd have to pay for a new phone in full as opposed to being subsidised by the carrier on billpay but that wouldn't bother me if the above is as it says it is. I might hold out for the release of the Note II and choose this option.

shuffles03 wrote: »

Is there a snag here?

Well you get everything that you have outlined from the website. You have to pay for calls to non three customers during monday to friday at 30cent a minute.

Their customer service has been an issue for a lot of people in the past, and still is for some. They do have reps on boards that you can contact if you do have problems:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Any other questions, just ask

Do 3 offer insurance for prepay?

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Do 3 offer insurance for prepay?

Yes:> http://www.three.ie/products_services/insurance/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭IE2012

Davy wrote: »
    Their is no option with any provider for this.

there is, if you spend enough each month with them.

IE2012 wrote: »
    there is, if you spend enough each month with them.

But if your a new customer and prepay how would that work?

Cheers Davy for the insurance info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I cannot believe anyone is actually considering getting a contract with 3.

They are an absolute nightmare & their customer unservice us a nIGHtMARe.

Get out while you still have your mental health.

Advertisement