Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV cooling off period

Options
  • 07-09-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I've signed in contract 20/08/12 and UTV connected service 04/09/12, but after speed issues and mistake in my contract, where I signed for 24 mb "unlimited", they connected me into 24mb 40gb limited I decided to cancel agreement. I called customer service and operator told me, my cooling off period already expired. (?!)..then I browsed about cooling off period, I found this one: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phone_and_broadband_contracts.247.LE.asp

The cooling-off period begins from when you enter into a service contract or when you receive the goods. The contract is not binding unless you receive written confirmation or confirmation in another durable form.

Although you are allowed to cancel the contract without any penalties during this cooling-off period, you will still have to pay for any phone and, or, broadband use with the service provider during this time.

The 7 working day period during which you can cancel without penalty applies to sales made over the phone/internet or by a salesperson calling to a consumer's home.

So cooling off period is 7 days period from sign contract, or from connection to service?!

Advertisement