Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 920

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Id say it'll appear on the coming soon page tonight, if not they'll be some very angry customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Probably will be no sign of it in any shop tomorrow, if there is still nothing on the vodafone site.

Makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Wont be in retail until mid march thats what i heard from launch party.
    It will be online for business and corporate customers only.
    This goes for 02 too. FAIL.

Although nokia and the networks are keeping tightlipped for some reason on this one.

The new Blackberry might be getting in first.:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So we'll have it just after MWC when the next set of Lumia's are rumoured to be announced. I'm still confused with the business focus for the 920 it's standout features over the 820 just don't seem that business to me, when was the last time you saw a business user taking photos in the dark?

liamog wrote: »
    So we'll have it just after MWC when the next set of Lumia's are rumoured to be announced. I'm still confused with the business focus for the 920 it's standout features over the 820 just don't seem that business to me, when was the last time you saw a business user taking photos in the dark?
    Its camera and overall build quality.Not for all i know but thay can be said with any phone.
    Why networks have chosen just biz/corp is still a joke.
    Its a complete package.The 820 is almost as good,the 620 which is due soon is also aimed towards business users.

MWC will be good this year hoping to attend myself.
    Id say the new lumias will be the 720 /920i or another name and possibly a tab,or a high end asha device.

• Advertisement

720 I'd say is a shoe in, rumours of the aluminium Lumia as another 9 series device, and I keep seeing the RT tab rumours pop up. I'm guessing you work in the mobile industry if you get to go to MWC, would love to be involved just not at the retail side.

Does anybody have an idea what time VF usually update their coming soon page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Apart from the camera and the screen is there that much differecen between 820 and 920?? Also best to wait until after MWC to buy one?

For me it's the screen resolution and low light photography, most of my photos are low light (pubs/random cat in the house) and the screen resolution is much higher. I wouldn't wait until after MWC to buy one though. The way the Irish Market works for Nokia, you'd always be waiting on the phone that was released in the rest of Europe 6 months ago. Outside of the that there is the wireless charging, but Nokia are including the wireless charging on Meteor and e-Mobile at least for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Sure the camera on the 820 cant be that bad. I always had Nokia and love my N95 and N8. Move to Blackberry last year and itching to get back to Nokia. Nothing wrong with BB but do like the look of 820, would love the 920 but as you said it be while before we get it on network here in IRE

The camera isn't bad at all in the 820, it's more the 920 just blows away any other phone camera. here's a photo that shows what I mean.

The below shots were all taken without the flash.

ver920.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1347045044941

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

DonFred wrote: »
    Apart from the camera and the screen is there that much differecen between 820 and 920?? Also best to wait until after MWC to buy one?
    You have to factor in how long it took for the 820&920 to reach here after they were originally announced, and then launched it other countries, so you could be waiting awhile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Well the site went down at midnight. Could this be the 920?
    Nope just a restocking of the 800.

I asked in Vodafone shops last last night and they hadn't much info. They said it was launching today alright but would be a web only afair like the 900... tipping toe in the market before allocating floorspace.

Hmmm the phone was anounced 7 months ago... and went on sale 6 months ago it's getting to the point where its pointless! I could buy the HTC Butterfly now, and the HTC M7 and catwalk will be coming soon. It's no wonder they 'tip' their toes when they are 6 months late!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I had a look in Vodafone's Grafton Street shop yesterday evening. They had a Windows Phone stand set up, but only the Lumia 820 and HTCs 8X and 8S out. All fine phones, but they're not the top of the range 920.

On the phone with upgrades team, and surprise surprise no information.

The OH, who is due an upgrade is going into the phone shop today at 11.
    She called in yesterday, and they told her to call back then, as there was deliveries of new stock due then.

They didn't say what the new stock was. And gave her no 920 specific info.

She is due an upgrade for the last 6 months.

No doubt I will get a seriously annoyed text from her around 11:05, when she is told they don't have it and don't know when they will have the 920s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Complain all you want about Apple massaging their supply chain to stimulate demand for new products, but this is a complete mess from Nokia. "We're launching the phone on Friday, but eh, you won't be able to buy it on Friday and we don't know when you will be able to buy it".

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    She called in yesterday, and they told her to call back then, as there was deliveries of new stock due then.

No doubt I will get a seriously annoyed text from her around 11:05, when she is told they don't have it and don't know when they will have the 920s.

Can't wait to see the verdict on this, it's like playing Russian roulette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

1st world problems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It's 11.15, she's either delayed getting to the shop or hasn't sent you a text yet. Or maybe, just maybe, they have one in stock ? It's all getting too much :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    It's 11.15, she's either delayed getting to the shop or hasn't sent you a text yet. Or maybe, just maybe, they have one in stock ? It's all getting too much :D

Hopefully all of the above ^.
    Her time keeping wouldn't be the best. Heard nothing yet.

• Advertisement

Either that or there are crowds of 920 fans baying at the door and the truck can't get past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

The suspense is killing me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

On the coming soon page now

2s9xbnl.png

jimmy_t wrote: »
    On the coming soon page now

Hardly what Nokia meant by available/out Friday? Just that it would just appear as coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you look at the Nokia Ireland facebook page, they continually claimed that the 920 would be available to buy from Vodafone and O2 today.

They've gone completely silent on it today, ignoring all questions.

What a complete and utter joke.

Well she made it to the shop.

Only 820s there, no 920s.

Nobody here is surprised by this, no doubt.

Dunno what the Nokia Ireland twitter page were waffling on about all week, there are other ways to get people talking about their product, other than p*ssing us all off by still not releasing it after saying they would.

Time to start the manhunt for Mrs Freeze, we've all been dying for the result of her search :-D

Time to start the manhunt for Mrs Freeze, we've all been dying for the result of her search :-D

I just posted it. :confused:

Well she made it to the shop.

Only 820s there, no 920s.

Nobody here is surprised by this, no doubt.

Dunno what the Nokia Ireland twitter page were waffling on about all week, there are other ways to get people talking about your product, other than p*ssing us all off by still not releasing it after saying they would.

I have to agree with you on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Either that or there are crowds of 920 fans baying at the door and the truck can't get past.

Doubt it :pac::pac:

Advertisement