Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 920

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

There's keeping things secret for a launch and then there's keeping things so secret that you manage to miss your own launch.

Looking at facebook and twitter, I wouldn't want to be the one who has to eventually respond to this. The longer they leave it without answering the worse it looks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I just posted it. :confused:

That was mad timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hesht

I think it's safe to say they ****ed up for the Irish market. On the plus side, though, mine is working perfectly, great phone, portico update didn't make a noticeable difference for me, but I'll take its word that it stops random restarts. The phone is great, camera lives up to the hype, especially with the image stabilisation (Got a few good vids of my football team playing while on the bench)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Voda have said they have not launched it.
    Fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Sorry for the issues in ireland.

I'm looking forward to this thread being about the phone itself rather than how to find it. Vodafone idiots, what are they playing at??

I'm still loving mine after almost 3 months. Now its winter the extra sensitive screen that works with gloves is really nice. One of those little things you never knew you needed and then cant do without.

Wireless charging is also a beautiful thing. I havent plugged the phone in to anything in months, just lay it on the pad at night and its good to go.

The thing that still impresses me is the solidity. When I had iphones I usually had some kind of sturdy case for them. But the 920 just doesnt need it. I got a thin sleeve for in the gym bag but thats all. It just feels so reassuringly solid.

No issues either. In low light the auto screen brightness can be a little indecisive but thats the only niggle. I had some battery issues but it was me going nuts with too many live tiles.

• Advertisement

Due to the phenomenal demand for the Lumia 920 availability has now been delayed but will be available online with participating operators from next week. Watch this space for more updates

From Facebook

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Due to the phenomenal demand for the Lumia 920 availability has now been delayed but will be available online with participating operators from next week. Watch this space for more updates

Post on Facebook, its amazing how they only discovered the demand after ignoring people all day

Muff03 beat me to it

ya have to wonder just what the hell were they at? Between Facebook and Twitter, and they've been fairly active on both, enough people were asking about the phones, and in-store too, to know that a demand was there. Instead they managed to make a balls of their own launch, to the extent that the carriers they were saying were involved knew nothing about it! Fascinating to watch. They should be teaching this as a way not to do anything ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

muff03 wrote: »
    ya have to wonder just what the hell were they at? Between Facebook and Twitter, and they've been fairly active on both, enough people were asking about the phones, and in-store too, to know that a demand was there. Instead they managed to make a balls of their own launch, to the extent that the carriers they were saying were involved knew nothing about it! Fascinating to watch. They should be teaching this as a way not to do anything ever.

And this is the reason why marketing lecturers use Nokia as a once great company example gone bad...

And this is the reason why marketing lecturers use Nokia as a once great company example gone bad...

They need a kick in the ass when it comes to marketing BIG TIME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

jimmynokia wrote: »
    They need a kick in the ass when it comes to marketing BIG TIME
    Something that has been said for the best part of 2 years by countless bloggers and mainstream sites yet it's something they haven't addressed....mind boggling!

Due to the phenomenal demand for the Lumia 920 availability has now been delayed but will be available online with participating operators from next week. Watch this space for more updates.

Ah yeah we ignore you all day,same as the operators then post this just to keep you quite.
    FAIL.
    massive demand? Well you could of had the demand now you have pissed off just about anyone that wanted it.

Due to the phenomenal demand people actually wanting the phone for the Lumia 920 availability has now been delayed but will be available online with participating operators from next week. Watch this space for more updates.

There, I fixed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Bizzarro capitalism:

Oh my god way too many people want our product so we should cancel it.

:eek:

Delayed due to demand!? Because rushed due to demand would be just silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

The worst part about all of this is going to be a perceived lack of interest from customers from the networks sales as most people that really wanted this would have got it any time over the last 3 months and a week.

This is simply taking the P at this stage.

Glad I got mine last week from a Frenchie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The Lumia 920 was announced *before* the iphone 5.. A shambles of a launch. Hope they're learning from it and they get it right for their next flagship launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 robdabeaver

I went into carphone warehouse on friday and if I remember correctly the lad working in there informed that he had them but was told not to put them out for display. Said he knew nothing about price or deals or anything along those lines, I'm just gonna go north and get it or something, screw this

CPW dont have it,nobody does.There is no physical stock anywherw.
    Best bet is to head to newry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Anyone know which uk place is better to buy this
    Clove or phones4u?
    And what's the unlock procedure for ee?
    Sorry if this has already been asked

Steve

• Advertisement

stevejazzx wrote: »
    Anyone know which uk place is better to buy this
    Clove or phones4u?
    Sorry if this has already been asked

Steve

EE unlock procedure is 3 months

Clove are not reliable and P4U are ok.

EE unlock procedure is 3 months

Clove are not reliable and P4U are ok.

Thanks Jimmy
    3 months guess I'm off to expansys?
    Is that the cheapest/easiest?

Try handtec.co.uk

Thanks Jimmy
    3 months guess I'm off to expansys?
    Is that the cheapest/easiest?

Dont bother with expansys.
    Handtecuk is good safe and reliable ive bought off them several times.
    Phonesonline.ie have it for 637 now

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Steve

Fonefun.co.uk will unlock an EE Lumia for £35, few days turnaround

Griffinx wrote: »
    Fonefun.co.uk will unlock an EE Lumia for £35, few days turnaround

their site only lists some carriers that are covered - it does mention Hutchinson uk?
    is 3 Ireland covered in that do know

their site only lists some carriers that are covered - it does mention Hutchinson uk?
    is 3 Ireland covered in that do know
    NO.

NO.

thanks jimmy
    sorry very last q
    if I order from handtec is that completely unlocked? - can I order ex vat?
    are they fat delivering I need it this week?
    sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help

steve

It is unlocked. The speed of delivery will depend on the option you pay for. As for VAT they make it pretty clear on their site.

• Advertisement

thanks jimmy
    sorry very last q
    if I order from handtec is that completely unlocked? - can I order ex vat?
    are they fat delivering I need it this week?
    sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help

steve
    VAT is VAT .
    Maybe your employer could buy it for example to claim the vat.
    Factory unlocked,2 days shipping DPD.

Advertisement