Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 920

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Is waiting/buying in Ireland still the only option - Any chance on getting an unlocked phone from the US - I seem to remember AT&T selling unlocked phones at much cheaper prices than Ireland?
    Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Nokia Irelands Facebook

Nokia Ireland

While we are pleased by the support we’re seeing for our Windows Phone 8 flagship devices, which underlines the growing momentum behind the Windows Phone ecosystem, we are aware that the delay has frustrated many fans who who are waiting for the device. Although we stated at the Lumia 920 launch that we would be rolling out the product on a country by country basis we would like apologise for the perceived delay in the Nokia Lumia 920 reaching Ireland. The availability of Nokia products are governed by several factors, many of which are outside of our control, this is the reason that product launches between different countries will always vary. The Lumia 920 is already available SIM free and shortly operators in Ireland will also be selling the product, thank you for your patience, we are committed to working hard to make sure that our products are freely available.

FAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Nokia Irelands Facebook

Nokia Ireland

While we are pleased by the support we’re seeing for our Windows Phone 8 ...e are committed to working hard to make sure that our products are freely available.

FAIL

Fixed

Fixed

Not only is the lack of info unreal
    We where first told this week-Now Look
    No details on color,no full info as to who will retail it.
    They say its available SIM FREE which is true but only from one source here,or buy in the uk/elsewhere.

Lads, meteor is not selling pre pay 820? I am giving up on 920 as I hardly can justify 650eu for a mobile phone.
    Did they dropped price on 820 at least a bit?

Meteor are selling it for 419 euro prepay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

any news on the lumia 620 release?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

123 LC wrote: »

Vodafone have said they're getting it I think, but not when yet.

Only released in the uk so id say 8 weeks before we see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 newsmartphone

Nokia Irelands Facebook

Nokia Ireland

While we are pleased by the support we’re seeing for our Windows Phone 8 flagship devices, which underlines the growing momentum behind the Windows Phone ecosystem, we are aware that the delay has frustrated many fans who who are waiting for the device. Although we stated at the Lumia 920 launch that we would be rolling out the product on a country by country basis we would like apologise for the perceived delay in the Nokia Lumia 920 reaching Ireland. The availability of Nokia products are governed by several factors, many of which are outside of our control, this is the reason that product launches between different countries will always vary. The Lumia 920 is already available SIM free and shortly operators in Ireland will also be selling the product, thank you for your patience, we are committed to working hard to make sure that our products are freely available.

FAIL

i heard that the 920 will only be sold online and not in store.

anyone else hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

I got a 920 today. I am on Tesco mobile. I have 2 issues. 1 it keeps dropping the home wireless. 2, it thinks I'm abroad (roaming) the roaming icon, triangle is showing. it won't go online if I have data data roaming turned off. I have selected Ireland as the region and Tesco as the carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

on the Argos site for 320 sim free, not in stock anywhere though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 newsmartphone

ROS123 wrote: »
    I got a 920 today. I am on Tesco mobile. I have 2 issues. 1 it keeps dropping the home wireless. 2, it thinks I'm abroad (roaming) the roaming icon, triangle is showing. it won't go online if I have data data roaming turned off. I have selected Ireland as the region and Tesco as the carrier.

on my 820 it kept dropping the wireless, i had to unhide the wireless network
    then it worked fine.

a message pops up on the phone, when you connect to a hidden wireless network

" connecting to a hidden wireless network will consume more battery power"

once I unhid the wireless network, it worked grand. Id say its the same issue that you are having with your 920.

on the Argos site for 320 sim free, not in stock anywhere though
    Rip off fail not even in stock.
    279 @phonesonline.ie even thats expensive,its £150 in the uk now on 02

i heard that the 920 will only be sold online and not in store.

anyone else hear that?
    Apparently thats the case,yet nokia nor the networks will shed any light,again a fail.
    Disaster of a launch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tesco use the o2 network so technically you are roaming, that is probably why it is doing that.

Tesco use the o2 network so technically you are roaming, that is probably why it is doing that.
    Thats exactly the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

If I'm roaming, am I incurring roaming charges ? I better talk to Tesco tomorrow. Thanks all...

If I'm roaming, am I incurring roaming charges ? I better talk to Tesco tomorrow. Thanks all...
    Where did you buy it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There's no reason you'd be incurring roaming charges if you're using an irish sim on an irish network.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

When using my Omnia I use to have the roaming symbol whenever my Three Sim Card connected to the Vodafone network as part of their fallback. It could be that WP just doesn't handle MVNO's very well

• Advertisement

This is same on omina 7 you won't be charged for roaming as your not, also when signal drops to edge on WP this roaming sign appears sometimes a reboot can fix it temporary.

Is there not an option in the settings to enable data while roaming? As long as thats, enabled data should be fine. There will be no charge, your in Ireland :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yep that's exactly what I had no roaming charges so your grand, wrecked me head trying to figure the triangle out when I first got it in the early days of Windows Phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Where did you buy it

Yes, fill us in. I MUST KNOW :D

Very disappointed in Nokia for the release dates....5 months to wait for a phone is scandalous in this day and age!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭OO7FITZY

I asked this question earlier and maybe it is the wrong forum to ask but does anyone know if the AT&T phones in the US can be unlocked as I may be able to get my hands on one...?
    Also if there are any "good guys" on ebay where I might get a refurbished phone

Can anyone shed any light on this?

It just seems to me we are waiting and waiting and waiting FAR TOO LONG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

just saw an ad on rté for the 920! Shocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Got one Tuesday from handtec UK
    I had sent them an email after registering on their site with my vat number and so I could buy ex. vat which helped
    Great FED EX service shipped overnight total cost 505euro in shipping
    Logged in with my outlook.com everything came in fine - couldn't believe I could edit an excel file on the go
    Phone has worked with no glitches
    Very impressed with nokia drive and maps
    love the browser speed on 3g
    the os a bit too flashy but I'm getting used to it and finding it has purpose.
    The email reading experience needs some improvement - love the naturalised built in facebook feed - I hate facebook but this is a pleasure.
    Decent app store not too many things missing
    Screen is outstanding nothing like it - video playback stunning
    Responsiveness is incredible - again nothing competes in my opinion
    So far battery life has been poor perhaps 3/4 day - the camera is awesome great video and sound and really good low light and full light pictures.
    trying to figure out if I can bring all mail together or not? have 3 mail accounts going with different tiles at present

stevejazzx wrote: »
    trying to figure out if I can bring all mail together or not? have 3 mail accounts going with different tiles at present

Cant remember now, but I think if you go into one of your Inboxes and click on the three little dots, you will bring up a setting where it will let you link all of them into a linked inbox?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just on battery life, either it takes a while to get fully going or else there's a bug in the system as I had terrible battery life but after switching it back on after it auto shutdown my phone would keep running at 0% for well over a day. Having done that a few times the calibration is a hell of a lot better, but it will still auto shutdown with hours of juice left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

stevejazzx wrote: »
    So far battery life has been poor perhaps 3/4 day

3 or 4 days or three quarters of a day?!

Advertisement