Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 920

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did all that happen from one drop/brake?

Hard to make out from the picture, the LCD is ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dropped it a couple of weeks ago, but it only marked the casing and the slightest chip/mark on the top left of the screen, just below the signal bars, seems to be where it has all stemmed from now! Took it out of my pocket and was like this! Wouldn't mind if it was easy to get fixed but it's going to be a pain finding somewhere with stock and convenient, price is also so high considering how much cheaper it is for other smart phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kmart6 wrote: »
    Dropped it a couple of weeks ago, but it only marked the casing and the slightest chip/mark on the top left of the screen, just below the signal bars, seems to be where it has all stemmed from now! Took it out of my pocket and was like this! Wouldn't mind if it was easy to get fixed but it's going to be a pain finding somewhere with stock and convenient, price is also so high considering how much cheaper it is for other smart phones.

It's not to bad of a fix, not as easy as the earlier lumia models but doable for someone with a bit of care. If you want to make it easy change the LCD and glass, would save some messing, changing the glass on its own creates more work and more problems with dust on reassembly. €120 wouldn't be a bad price for parts and labour

For the prices I've seen for the replacement screen it is def worth getting it done for €120! I've changed screens on other phone's I've had but they were all,reasonable priced!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 WhatItAllAbout

Awww so that is what my phone will look like once I bounce it off the wall next time it automatically re boots during a call :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Anyone with a sim free920 CHECK FOR AMBER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Picking it up now. Wayhey ��

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Downloading here too :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

where can I get the old nokia message tone, I'd gotten used to that :P

This was definitely the longest Nokia update I've ever had to do, seemed to go on and on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Just the 920 ?

long_b wrote: »
    Just the 920 ?
    What's the Q here?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

I'll seriously re-consider ever purchasing a smartphone with the curved edge glass again. I've owned 10+ smartphones, never had a screen break and the last two I've owned (Lumia 800 and OneX+) have both had their screens shattered like that after fairly low falls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

gerryR wrote: »
    I'll seriously re-consider ever purchasing a smartphone with the curved edge glass again. I've owned 10+ smartphones, never had a screen break and the last two I've owned (Lumia 800 and OneX+) have both had their screens shattered like that after fairly low falls.

Could be just you. My mum owned the Lumia and my 6 year old brother looks after the one x :) so after ebimg dropped many times they were fine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gerryR wrote: »

bit of a random post :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

bit of a random post :confused:

Also it should be noted that Correlation does not imply causation.

Liking Amber so far. Double-tap to unlock is really good, I was a little worried that it would unlock in my pocket, but hasn't happened yet.

I really like the glance screen too, I rarely wear a watch so I'm always checking the time on my phone and this is a really quick and easy way to do that, and should be a little kinder on the battery too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

stevenmu wrote: »
    Liking Amber so far. Double-tap to unlock is really good, I was a little worried that it would unlock in my pocket, but hasn't happened yet.

I really like the glance screen too, I rarely wear a watch so I'm always checking the time on my phone and this is a really quick and easy way to do that, and should be a little kinder on the battery too.

I don't know if you noticed, but the glance screen is off completely when the phone is in your pocket, so it's not using any extra juice

I noticed that, I guess it uses the proximity sensor to detect when you take it out of your pocket. It works pretty well when you wave your hand over it too.

PaulieC wrote: »
    I don't know if you noticed, but the glance screen is off completely when the phone is in your pocket, so it's not using any extra juice

I noticed that it stays on when you're charging, as a result I've disabled it completely.

• Advertisement

I noticed that it stays on when you're charging, as a result I've disabled it completely.

Why disable it? It uses minimal power? No issue while charging.

TBi wrote: »
    Why disable it? It uses minimal power? No issue while charging.

It's quite annoying at night to have the screen ever so dimly lit for a minor convenience during the day.

It's quite annoying at night to have the screen ever so dimly lit for a minor convenience during the day.

Can't you set it to time out after 15 mins?

It would be quite annoying if the screen stayed lit up all night alright. There is a night mode that "dims glance between set times", have you tried that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

stevenmu wrote: »
    It would be quite annoying if the screen stayed lit up all night alright. There is a night mode that "dims glance between set times", have you tried that?

I have mine set to dim after midnight and it turns the clock colour to a unobtrusive dark red. No issues so far.

It does keep the rest of the screen on too but that's down to the display panel itself I gather.. there's always the option to set a timeout too.

TBi wrote: »
    Can't you set it to time out after 15 mins?

I can certainly give it a go later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

where can I get the old nokia message tone, I'd gotten used to that :P

Go to zedge.com if you cant find it ill upload it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Go to zedge.com if you cant find it ill upload it.

There's plenty of ringtone apps that can provide that

There's plenty of ringtone apps that can provide that

I'm not looking for the old old one, I'm looking for the one that has just been replaced in the Amber update.

EDIT: seems it's not possible to replace the message tone outside of the default offerings anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jamesccp

fm radio is handy its in xbox music and did any of download the pro cam app its nice

Advertisement