Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 920

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

There's plenty of ringtone apps that can provide that

No Sh1te!:D Just giving an option

where can I get the old nokia message tone, I'd gotten used to that :P

The tone is available for download but you cant change the sms alerts still which is annoying you can ad tones for ringtones and thats it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

boourns

boourns

Yip there has been an outcry for this feature to be unlocked,its my only gripe with WP.
    MS are just slow and lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Yip there has been an outcry for this feature to be unlocked,its my only gripe with WP.
    MS are just slow and lazy.

I don't think its on their priority list. Most people wouldn't give a fly about their ringtone.

• Advertisement

I don't think its on their priority list. Most people wouldn't give a fly about their ringtone.
    In today's world when people have multiple email, social media and other notifications it would bother you getting the same stupid tone for all.
    Customization is there for a reason so you know what's coming from where, like you can customise in Android for example.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I did my own survey, most people would like to be able to change their message tone to whatever they want :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

O2 Ireland users - any sign of datasense in the gdr2 update? I've not updated yet myself. I'm on a SIM free (clove.co.uk) handset, should that matter?

O2 Ireland users - any sign of datasense in the gdr2 update? I've not updated yet myself. I'm on a SIM free (clove.co.uk) handset, should that matter?

Yeah, the update should be available to you when you check for updates.

If its sim free and CV Gb you should get it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it even available for O2 Ireland users? I've given up daily checking but it was decently quick to notify me last time around.

Will dig it out of the van and charge it to see (work phone, usually gets hidden all weekend!)

jimmynokia wrote: »
    If its sim free and CV UK you should get it now.

thanks but I've already had the notification that its available, I just can't install it yet due to lack of roaming data while I'm abroad. I'm only interested in knowing if datasense is available after updating, or if a hard reset is required, or is it not available at all on o2 Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yes it is available after the update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

A CV GB on o2 may not get the amber update. My missus got gdr2 only. Same thing with a few people in her job on the same handset and o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

thanks but I've already had the notification that its available, I just can't install it yet due to lack of roaming data while I'm abroad. I'm only interested in knowing if datasense is available after updating, or if a hard reset is required, or is it not available at all on o2 Ireland?

I'm not sure if o2 will block it but i've a CV-GB and have both GDR2 and Amber since a few days ago. Data sense comes as part of the update and doesn't require a hard reset. It actually had all my data usage on it, so the phone has been collecting that data, just the app was disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

PaulieC wrote: »
    A CV GB on o2 may not get the amber update. My missus got gdr2 only. Same thing with a few people in her job on the same handset and o2

I'd take the sim out before updating to be sure but I find this weird as sim free cv-gb phones are not carrier controlled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Not sure what caused it, but I have the same unlocked phone on meteor and I got amber. Nokia suggested bringing it to a care centre to get it updated but it would mean taking a day off work ��

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My 920 is out for delivery today, just wondering what i should do first?
    I seem to recall somebody mention to get the latest update before setting up the phone contacts/emails etc?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'm not sure it lets you force the update before setting up. I suppose you could skip as much of the setup and then check for updates. You'd need to do a factory reset afterwards to redo the out of box setup.

Personally I'd just set it up and then check for the update afterward.

Done exactly that thanks, wow absolutely stunning screen,beautiful piece of kit i must say.

Im terrified of dropping it,ill read back through this thread for cover suggestions when i get the time, meanwhile feel free to suggest some :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Dcully wrote: »
    Done exactly that thanks, wow absolutely stunning screen,beautiful piece of kit i must say.

Im terrified of dropping it,ill read back through this thread for cover suggestions when i get the time, meanwhile feel free to suggest some :)

I've dropped mine a couple of times now and there's not a mark on the screen. These phones are tough! I did have a little bit of damage on the bottome edge so I bought a new yellow cover and after about 5-10mins installing it I've now got a lovely yellow 920 :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I got a Nokia CC-1043 cover from Cyberport.de, they fit it absolutely perfectly. They're tough phones anyway, but it's good to have the bit of extra protection, and they make it a little easier to hold securely.

Btw, if anyone is looking to buy a 920, Cyberport have them listed at €300 now, with refurbs for €260.

edit: and if you're looking for a wireless charger, Vodafone were selling them in store for €25 or €30 a while back, not sure if they still are though.

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I've dropped mine a couple of times now and there's not a mark on the screen. These phones are tough! I did have a little bit of damage on the bottome edge so I bought a new yellow cover and after about 5-10mins installing it I've now got a lovely yellow 920 :D

Do tell me more about the yellow cover, ive got the white phone but wouldnt mind the yellow option.

+1 on the Nokia CC-1043 cover, I have a grey one and it fits like a glove bur provides great protection. I use it when traveling or if I'm planning on drinking more than I usually would.

I recently swapped out my black housing for a white one using a simple kit off eBay, it worked really well. However I then managed to drop the phone onto tiles and cracked the corner of the screen a tiny bit and damaged the corners of the housing, so I'm back to the black housing now! Still, I might pick up another white one or a grey one in the next few months if I fancy a change.

Anything like Flipboard for WP?

Do tell me more about the yellow cover, ive got the white phone but wouldnt mind the yellow option.

nhUrTaHl.jpg?1

T71Fsa6l.jpg?1

You can get any colour you want for 19 euro's with free shipping. You get all the tools needed to change the housing. It's simple to fit and takes about 5 to 10 mins to change. There's only 2 screws you need to remove and there's plenty of instructions on youtube how to do it. :pac:

Here's a link to where I bought my covers:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Back-Housing-Cover-Case-Door-Cover-with-Sim-tray-For-Nokia-lumia-920-/380618294037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item589e9e4315

http://discover.collectorwp.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Came across that seller before. What is the quality like and how long did it take to get?

kmart6 wrote: »
    Came across that seller before. What is the quality like and how long did it take to get?

This is the seller that's cases where up on the WPCentral forums. They are original Nokia casings and he will replace them or refund you if you are not happy. Have a look around the forums there and you will find it. Some one all so posted up a video tutorial there but it really is simple to do :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Flipboard is supposed to be coming soon, and Weave isn't bad in the meantime.

Advertisement