Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent & baby groups Kilcock/Maynooth area

Options
  • 07-09-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked (several times) before but anyone know or part of a parent & baby group near Kilcock/Maynooth. I have a one month old baby & really need to speak to people my own age and who have babies too occasionally :D It's great having internet peeps to chat to but it doesn't replace actual real life talking, and a cup of coffee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Hi Mink. A small of group of mamas from Celbridge, Leixlip and Maynooth have started to meet on Friday mornings at 11. We all have small babies. You'd be very welcome to join us. We'll be meeting in different places. PM me if you want to come along next week

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Every Thursday in the community space at 10 there is a parent and baby/toddler group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hi Mink. A small of group of mamas from Celbridge, Leixlip and Maynooth have started to meet on Friday mornings at 11. We all have small babies. You'd be very welcome to join us. We'll be meeting in different places. PM me if you want to come along next week

Is it only young babies you have. I have 2 and half year old and would be interested

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If there is interest I will organise a meet up?
    I am also in Maynooth but once I am home by 11:45 for school collection I am happy.
    I am free for coffee every morning with my 19 month old:)
    Gymboree will be at the playgroup this morning:)

Moonbeam I'd be interested too.
    Bulmersgal, it's more of a mama and little babies group because we're going to non-toddler friendly places. I send my 20month old off with my mam. I was chatting to some ladies yesterday who were talking about meeting in Playzone once a week. I can pm you when I have more definite details.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam I'd be interested too.
    Bulmersgal, it's more of a mama and little babies group because we're going to non-toddler friendly places. I send my 20month old off with my mam. I was chatting to some ladies yesterday who were talking about meeting in Playzone once a week. I can pm you when I have more definite details.

Haha no worries, most places where I like are non-toddlers place. Yea playzone meeting would be great so let us know details when u have them

Alternatively we could just organise something else as Moonbeam suggests.

Playzone is good for me too !
    I can't really think of anywhere good in Maynooth to meet with babies and toddlers so which suits better mornings or afternoon?
    I have to be here for an 11:45 school collection and a 12:10 one other then that anytime suits.
    Playzone opens at 10 so could meet at 10 there any morning.

Admission prices under 15mth FREE
    Mon to Thurs € 5 15 mths upwards for 1.5 hours
    Fri - Sun € 6.50 15mths - 5yrs and € 8. 6yrs - 9yrs for 1.5 hours

If anyone with out a car wants to come I have car seats and space!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Playzone is good for me too !
    I can't really think of anywhere good in Maynooth to meet with babies and toddlers so which suits better mornings or afternoon?
    I have to be here for an 11:45 school collection and a 12:10 one other then that anytime suits.
    Playzone opens at 10 so could meet at 10 there any morning.

Admission prices under 15mth FREE
    Mon to Thurs € 5 15 mths upwards for 1.5 hours
    Fri - Sun € 6.50 15mths - 5yrs and € 8. 6yrs - 9yrs for 1.5 hours

If anyone with out a car wants to come I have car seats and space!

They have their own parent and toddler group. Weekdays 10-1.
    http://www.celbridgeplayzone.ie/parent_toddler.htm

I'm only free mon and fri as in college other days so up to you's

Monday morning works for me as close to 10 as I can manage with baba and toddler

• Advertisement

this Monday is not good for me but normally they are.

Sorry for taking over your thread Mink.
    Moonbeam and Bulmersgal, why don't we meet on Monday week at 10 in Playzone?

Perfect :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donna007

Hi, I’m new to Meath [ Ireland in fact, moved a few weeks ago from the UK ], I’ve got a 1 year old boy and looking for playgroups around Maynooth/Enfield. No family here, just moved for partner’s job, so definitely need some adult conversation as well as keeping little fella a happy bunny!

Sorry for taking over your thread Mink.
    Moonbeam and Bulmersgal, why don't we meet on Monday week at 10 in Playzone?

Sorry I can't go just been offered different course with college and it's 5 full days :-(

Hope you all enjoy meeting each other

Congrats on the college place:-)
    We will see you during midterm ;)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Congrats on the college place:-)
    We will see you during midterm ;)

Thanks I don't get any mid term in next week for next 38 weeks only week off at Xmas. But then 12 weeks off for summer so see u next June :-D

See you ladies in the morning:)
    I will pm you my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys, iv just moved to maynooth and im wondering are those baby groups still on? My daughter is 14 months and id love for her to interact more with other young kids.

Yes,every Thursday @10 in the community space.
    It is beside the main entrance to Manor Mills.

• Advertisement
Advertisement