Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International

Options
  • 07-09-2012 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have enquiry about international wire. I'm wiring money from a Morgan & Stanley account. They asked for a BIC which i got from the 365 phone line. BOFIIE2D. The Morgan & Stanley only asked for my bank account number after entering this.

Thinking back today, they showed BOFIIE2D as sortcode 900017 while my sort code is 900033. Is there a issue here where the funds might be transferred to wrong account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Gummy Panda,

Normally international transfers require an iban number to link to the correct sort code. There may be an issue as Morgan and Stanley have the incorrect sort code. You would be best to contact them regarding this transfer.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hi Linda,

I rang Morgan & Stanley and they said the transfer hasn't began so took the IBAN from me so should be no issues

Advertisement