Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong stamp,

Options
  • 07-09-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

I was sending a letter to England, told post office woman this and i wanted a stamp, she gave me a 55cent stamp and i posted it. I now see on the post office website it requires a 82cent stamp for England.
    What will happen to my letter? I've no return address.
    Its an important letter so should i just post it again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

This happened to me but the other way around, a standard fist class stamp for England to Ireland, it came just took a long time! Usually Royal Mail get the recipient to pay the extra if there is not enough stamps on it, I once had to pay £1 to get some junk mail. If it is important and needs to get there quick might not be a bad idea to post again. Must be better to send twice than not at all or late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

01902 wrote: »
    This happened to me but the other way around, a standard fist class stamp for England to Ireland, it came just took a long time! Usually Royal Mail get the recipient to pay the extra if there is not enough stamps on it, I once had to pay £1 to get some junk mail. If it is important and needs to get there quick might not be a bad idea to post again. Must be better to send twice than not at all or late.

Purely as an aside if its an acceptance of a contract it was valid from the moment you stuck it in the post box. I keep trying to explain to my folks the same thing applies to Birthday cards but they never accept it :(

My uncle does this all the time just takes ages to arrive!

Advertisement