Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling out of sale agreed house deal

Options
  • 07-09-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi. I recently agreed on a house price. Lodged my deposit into estate agents a/c & etc. Nothing signed or anything just an email sent by myself confurming oyr agreement on buying the house for the agreed amt. Due to unforseen circumstances im going to have to pull out of the deal. I am entitled to my deposit to be refunded to me, is this correct? Cheers jst double checking...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would assume no. Sending the money would be seen as agreement, but without a signature I wouldn't be sure. Do you have your own solicitor? Get on to them asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Yes you are entitled to your booking deposit back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

You are entitled to your money back as there is no contract to complete in place. You only need solicitors involved if you have difficulty retrieving your deposit.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

mathepac wrote: »
    You are entitled to your money back as there is no contract to complete in place. You only need solicitors involved if you have difficulty retrieving your deposit.

Yeah, should have mentioned that. First call is to the agent really. If you meet resistance, then go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Cool guys thanks so much. Ya I thought so that id be entitled to it back. Hopefully there wont be any resistance, cheers ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭easterbride

Yes you are definitely entitled to get your booking deposit back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

You are entitled to all monies paid to the EA as a deposit until you sign the sale's contract, which wouldn't be ready for another 2 months or so. Until you sign it, you may withdraw from the sale without specifying a reason, change your mind about the price offered, at will.

I was just buying a property, sale to be completed before end of August. Vendor did not have the contracts ready in time, and were still waiting for the BER cert. I pulled out and have my deposit back. There are plenty of properties out there, so they have lost a sale and it may be months before they have another offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I've done this four times, and had it done to me twice.

Full deposit back, if the agent resists (none have in my experience) just get your brief on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hi. I recently agreed on a house price. Lodged my deposit into estate agents a/c & etc. Nothing signed or anything just an email sent by myself confurming oyr agreement on buying the house for the agreed amt. Due to unforseen circumstances im going to have to pull out of the deal. I am entitled to my deposit to be refunded to me, is this correct? Cheers jst double checking...

deposit is refundable

Advertisement