Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it worth immigrating to canada

Options
  • 07-09-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

hey guys,

me and my girlfriend are thinking of immigrating to canada, but we dont want to arrive and spend weeks lookin for wrk and then end up working in a field that either of us arent qualified in. im basically looking to immigrate to gain experience.

im a qualified BEng civil engineer, 1 years experience, 25 yrs old.

my girlfriend is a qualified dog groomer with 2 years experience 25 years old.

shes working at the moment so we'd be moving for my benefit, can we both get a working visa and is it possible for me to get a graduate civil engineering or even better some how have 1 sorted before i get out there :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

tomgaa wrote: »
    hey guys,

me and my girlfriend are thinking of immigrating to canada, but we dont want to arrive and spend weeks lookin for wrk and then end up working in a field that either of us arent qualified in. im basically looking to immigrate to gain experience.

im a qualified BEng civil engineer, 1 years experience, 25 yrs old.

my girlfriend is a qualified dog groomer with 2 years experience 25 years old.

shes working at the moment so we'd be moving for my benefit, can we both get a working visa and is it possible for me to get a graduate civil engineering or even better some how have 1 sorted before i get out there :confused:

Canada can be fussy about where you got your qualification - they like it achieved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tomgaa

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Canada can be fussy about where you got your qualification - they like it achieved here.

as in from what university???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

tomgaa wrote: »
    as in from what university???

Sorry i meant not what Irish/British Uni but they like you to of qualified as a civil engineer in Canada. Not right across the board, Ive heard people say that when going for jobs.

Carpet bomb companies and ask for advice. First time I emigrated over i hooked a lady via emailing who gave me a name that led to a job. Im a graphic designer not a civil engineer.

Good luck mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

** Moving from defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to Canada forum ***

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Im a graphic designer not a civil engineer.

hey im moving to canada in a year and im also a graphic designer/ film maker ... any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

OF COURSE ITS WORTH IT ,THERES NOTHING LEFT IN IRELAND FOR OUR KIDS

Advertisement