Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dorada Especial

Options
  • 07-09-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if you can get this Canarian beer here or in the UK?

The standard Dorada is nothing to write home about but I've really enjoyed the stronger Especial on my last couple of visits to the Canaries.

dorada_especial_330ml_dose.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Haven´t even seen it in peninsular Spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Thought it was a long shot all right! I haven't even seen Mahou on these shores so probably no chance of ever seeing one of the Canarian brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

penev10 wrote: »
    Thought it was a long shot all right! I haven't even seen Mahou on these shores so probably no chance of ever seeing one of the Canarian brands.

You've as much chance of seeing that other ubiquitous Canarian beer, Tropical, in Ireland. Spanish beers tend to be a little unremarkable, I'd guess it's because wine is the main alcohol market in Spain. Very boring beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

This is indeed true. I was going to go to a craft beer fest in Valladolid over the weekend but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it. In general even their craft beers are tame, albeit with the occasional exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm normally a Leffe/Duvel man but I find the aforementioned Dorada and Mahou are most refreshing when on holiday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement