Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itunes store not showing tracks I have purchased?

• 07-09-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I dont know if anybody else has come accross this iunes issue, where I have purchased/downloaded 2 or 3 tracks from an album, then subsequently gone back to purchase the whole album from itunes. Normally you will see in the price column PURCHASED and the cost of buying the whole album will be less, and on the price you will see the COMPLETE MY ALBUM message, but on a few albums where I have already puchased a few tracks, this does not happen, it does not show that i have already downloaded tracks and therefore if I wish to buy the whole album, I have to pay full price.
    Annoying.
    Has this happened to anybody else, can anything be done about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try logging out and back into iTunes. Are you sure it's the same album? There's lots of dublicates on iTunes. Also, if it's been a long time since you purchased the tracks, it's possible they've changed the album. I once bought the first track of an album that was made available in advance of the full album's release. When it came out I had to buy that track again because iTunes didn't recognise it as belonging to the same album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah I've noticed the same thing on occasion. Sometimes they have what look like the exact same album on there two or three times but they may be very slightly different versions. Some older albums are also replaced by remastered versions too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I had this issue with an album I bought last week. It was a big problem, because one of the tracks had downloaded incorrectly, and it was only offering me the option to re-buy. Cue a major tête à tête with iTunes customer support (and my only bad experience ever with any Apple support), where I was given lengthy tutorials on how to sync my phone and update iTunes. I eventually got annoyed and said "I've paid for these tracks and the versions I downloaded are faulty. Please either allow me to redownload them or elevate my complaint to someone who can."

Long story short, OP, try reporting the issue to iTunes support via the "report a problem" button on your account page in iTunes. And be insistent if they're treating you like an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks guys.
    Sad Professor: I have logged out and back in a few times, has nt made any difference. Ive also checked and the albums that I have noticed this problem with (classical albums), there is only 1 version on itunes, so multiple albums on itunes is NOT the cause.
    mad Hatter - wow, i never know you could report a problem to apple, were is the report a problem button, I cant find it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

banjobongo wrote: »
    mad Hatter - wow, i never know you could report a problem to apple, were is the report a problem button, I cant find it!

IIRC (I'm not by my computer ATM), go to the iTunes store in iTunes, then click on your account name on the top right. That'll take you to your account page - from there, click on "purchase history", find the songs you have a problem with and click "Report a Problem" on the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

IIRC (I'm not by my computer ATM), go to the iTunes store in iTunes, then click on your account name on the top right. That'll take you to your account page - from there, click on "purchase history", find the songs you have a problem with and click "Report a Problem" on the bottom.

thanks madhatter. Its a pretty complex and cumbersome way of reporting the problem and takes AGES for each page to load but I finally have reported the problem so we will see what Apple have to say, thanks for the advice, I would NEVER have found out that it was possible to report, let alone how to do it!

Advertisement