Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOOM !!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

dj jarvis wrote: »
    dont be a idiot !!! everyone knows the FCA killed the last one in the 70's :D
    Pay me and I'll convince the world they might just be there.:D I would just need another year of paid "looking for them" to be 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

0066ad wrote: »
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9RC1Mepk_Sw&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Mossad got him. poor soul. Run while ye still are able.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

really dont understand why some people are sticking their heads in the sand on this issue - as the last clip shows clearly to me , as we people here tonight debate this , mostly of sound mind and thinking un biased - some are voicing that i just wont happen - sides have to much at stake bla bla

well it does look like the main players are just in a fantasy world and really dont live in the same reality as most people

we think no way - how could they? , but they are thinking how and when , even on nations like Lebanon - these dudes are f2ucked up war mongering assholes
    dont ever forget how stupidly aggressive they can be

i shudder to think what they have on plans in ministry of defenses all around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Surely it'd be a lot easier and safer to facilitate the millions of Iranians who despise their regime to overthrow the government? Not like the CIA haven't experience! Wouldn't bombing them, and almost certainly killing civilians, just bring the Iranians together?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

grizzly wrote: »
    So what's the worst case? China/Russia support Iran?

They are already. They've blocked or held up UN security council resolutions on Syria already (Russia has for sure). If the Russians finally do start favouring the Western stance on Syria, you can be sure it's because the Syrian Gov't has defeated the opposition and it just doesn't matter anymore.

Augmerson wrote: »
    They are already. They've blocked or held up UN security council resolutions on Syria already (Russia has for sure). If the Russians finally do start favouring the Western stance on Syria, you can be sure it's because the Syrian Gov't has defeated the opposition and it just doesn't matter anymore.

could you expand on that point? why would they back Syria gov forces to win and then back the western stance - the western stance is to bring the gov down - would it be becasue of the Russian foot hold in Syria ( its naval base ) or would it be political ?

good to see im not the only crazy scaremonger on here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056752703

thin foil hats anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Just a little something into the mix:
    Iran Imports From Turkey Surge To $8 Billion YTD – $3.2 Billion Worth Of Bullion In Q2 2012 Posted on September 11, 2012 by Mark OByrne| 9 Comments
    Some $3.2 billion of Turkey’s $4.4 billion of gold sales to Iran in
    the first half of the year were in bullion form.
    People, companies and banks in Iran are buying gold as a safe haven
    against months of sanctions induced currency devaluation.
    This trend looks set to continue and may even intensify if Israel
    attacks Iran in the coming months.
    http://maxkeiser.com/2012/09/11/iran-imports-from-turkey-surge-to-8-billion-ytd-3-2-billion-worth-of-bullion-in-q2-2012/
    3.2Bn of gold in Q2! Well now, thats going to go for a sh1t when Iran gets invaded! I suppose it'll go a long way towards paying for bunker busters and the like.
    And before anyone cries at me about my link and it's validity......well, copy and paste the title of the quoted bit and see for yourself how many people are talking about this.
    Here, i've done it for you:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/iran-gold-imports-surge-12-billion-usd-precious-metals-turkey-april-alone
    http://payvand.com/news/10/aug/1131.html
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/17/gold-turkey-iran-idUSL5E8GGF3K20120517
    ISTANBUL, May 17 (Reuters) - Turkish gold sales to Iran in March soared over 30 times and gold companies said Iranians were turning to gold for savings and possibly trade as Western sanctions tighten.
    Sanctions to force Iran to curb its nuclear programme have targeted its energy and banking sectors and new measures from both the United States and European Union take effect in July, aimed at strangling Tehran's foreign earnings.

What has this got to do with impending war?
    Discuss!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ì reckon Iran will do what it has always done and sit on its fingers happy to be a pain in the arse for most of the rest of the world. They dont need to do anything else.
    Israel are the nervous ones and I do think they will strike at strategic targets within Iran. Clearly just killing scientists with car bombs is not doing to crack this egg.
    The question is whether they do it pre-election knowing that this could mess up Obama's election. They are no fans of Obama and a Republican sitting in the Oval office is always better for Israel.
    The other question is, given that Iran must be expecting some metal to be landing on their soil soon - what have they got up their sleeve? Is it all a bluff and they have no plan? Or have they been planning for this for years?

I dont think there will be any boots on the ground in either country and for me it is a question of how many missles get exchanged before some truce is agreed.

• Advertisement

bump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Dead thread is dead.

from todays telegraph

so im scaremongering am i ?

ill informed people should keep their ill informed opinions to themselves
    for the rest who actually debated this - here ya go

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9545597/Armada-of-British-naval-power-massing-in-the-Gulf-as-Israel-prepares-an-Iran-strike.html

everything i said - haters gonna hate

Augmerson wrote: »
    Dead thread is dead.

maybe you should read the link before you declare a thread dead

its far from it - mirrors my point to a tee

some more from today alone

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/16/israel-demands-us-red-line-iran-nuclear

" He also sought to link Iran's nuclear programme to the murder last week of the US ambassador to Libya. "Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism," he said. "It's the same fanaticism that you see storming your embassies today. You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?"

and so the warnings to conflict continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

will paddy power take a bet on Iran getting bombed back to the stone age before Christmas ? or as some people think bombed forward to the stone age :D
    You could be right about Iran being bombed back to the stone age

Israel’s New Secret Weapon Unveiled. EMP nuke weapons that could destroy every unprotected electronic circuit within its range, it would incapacitate transportation, communications, computer systems, power grids, hospitals, etc.

Sunday Times quotes defense experts as saying that Jewish state could cripple Islamic Republic’s power grid with electromagnetic pulses

According to the Sunday morning report, the Jewish state could cripple the Islamic Republic’s power grid with electromagnetic pulses as part of a concerted attack to halt Iran’s military nuclear program, which could “send Iran back to the Stone Age.”

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/09/10/israels-new-secret-weapon-unveiled/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

dj jarvis you are getting most of your info from sites that are pro Israel.

If you look at press tv you see the other sides propaganda.

They all lie so you have to peace it together yourself to make up your own mind what is true and what is not.

Netanyahu .....I wouldn't believe a word this guy says anymore than I would believe Ahmadinejad.

Dodd wrote: »
    dj jarvis you are getting most of your info from sites that are pro Israel.

If you look at press tv you see the other sides propaganda.

They all lie so you have to peace it together yourself to make up your own mind what is true and what is not.

Netanyahu .....I wouldn't believe a word this guy says anymore than I would believe Ahmadinejad.

sorry but you are making a assumption that i am pro anybody or i am only taking from pro Israel sites .
    i have stated many times im pro no one

you can think its propaganda - and maybe some might be
    but it does not change the fact that it is happening - now
    they may never do it - but every player has planned for it - is gearing up for it - has weapons specifically built for the task in hand
    and now the deadlines are being shouted for

how is reported fact from not just the media but the government's involved propaganda?
    Israel has said it wants action - america is bricking it that the Israeli's will go solo, dragging them into a conflict , Iran has said it will retaliate if attacked

so adding it all up - there is propaganda involved - no doubt
    but the diplomatic and military build up is no propaganda - its happening in the real world

sorry but you are making a assumption that i am pro anybody or i am only taking from pro Israel sites .
    i have stated many times im pro no one

you can think its propaganda - and maybe some might be
    but it does not change the fact that it is happening - now
    they may never do it - but every player has planned for it - is gearing up for it - has weapons specifically built for the task in hand
    and now the deadlines are being shouted for

how is reported fact from not just the media but the government's involved propaganda?
    Israel has said it wants action - america is bricking it that the Israeli's will go solo, dragging them into a conflict , Iran has said it will retaliate if attacked

so adding it all up - there is propaganda involved - no doubt
    but the diplomatic and military build up is no propaganda - its happening in the real world
    I was not assuming anything.
    I was simply posting to let you know that the links you posted were one sided.

Since you have got all defensive I will say that anyone who calls Israel the Jewish state and calls Iranians Islamic mullasis is pro Israel.

Below from your post 26 on this thread.

this would also bring other western powers into the fray , including strange bed fellows like Israel and the saudi's , all for totally differing reasons but one ultimate goal - to wipe Iran and its Islamic mullas from the face of the earth

you can not under estimate how much of a trigger finger the Israelis have when it comes to this issue - becasue of the weekly threats from Iran against the Jewish state to wipe it from the map , all Israel needs is a hit of a reason and they WILL take out the nuke site , do not doubt this for one second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

An Israeli attack on Iran is closer than most think.
    First they will use the US election uncertanity period, the fact yria is f*cked ATM and not really a threat.

Iran is not a great military force. They have been more concerned with keeping their own people in check rather than woking on strategies of defence from an IDF lead attack.

When the attack does come it will be charactarised by a massive initial cyber attack on a scale not seen before. Then we'll see IAF airstrikes facillitated by the use of US AWACS.

The third phase will be the hard to reach targets. Israeli Jerrico missiles will target these.

Iran will try and counter, but Israeli anti missile technology will sound enough to handle most threats.

Internally the IDF, Mossad and Shin Bet will target possible West Bank and Gazza militants.

All in all it Israel will kick ass!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Voltex wrote: »
    An Israeli attack on Iran is closer than most think.
    First they will use the US election uncertanity period, the fact yria is f*cked ATM and not really a threat.

Iran is not a great military force. They have been more concerned with keeping their own people in check rather than woking on strategies of defence from an IDF lead attack.

When the attack does come it will be charactarised by a massive initial cyber attack on a scale not seen before. Then we'll see IAF airstrikes facillitated by the use of US AWACS.

The third phase will be the hard to reach targets. Israeli Jerrico missiles will target these.

Iran will try and counter, but Israeli anti missile technology will sound enough to handle most threats.

Internally the IDF, Mossad and Shin Bet will target possible West Bank and Gazza militants.

All in all it Israel will kick ass!!

how will Iran attack with no communications.

Since you have got all defensive I will say that anyone who calls Israel the Jewish state and calls Iranians Islamic mullasis is pro Israel.

this would also bring other western powers into the fray , including strange bed fellows like Israel and the saudi's , all for totally differing reasons but one ultimate goal - to wipe Iran and its Islamic mullas from the face of the earth

you can not under estimate how much of a trigger finger the Israelis have when it comes to this issue - becasue of the weekly threats from Iran against the Jewish state to wipe it from the map , all Israel needs is a hit of a reason and they WILL take out the nuke site , do not doubt this for one second

OK, in Iran they have mullahs and Israel is a Jewish state - statements of fact
    Iran frequently calls Israel this - and the west reports on the clerics and mullahs running the country
    i shall say once again i am not pro either , end of , full stop
    other than the 2 WORDS you have highlighted , out of all my post where have i been pro anybody ?

and all the links were one sided ?? really - i have links from left and right of the spectrum - you chose to see that as one side - ok , that's your call but you are wrong

i have, from the start of this thread been stating what is happening in the real world, and making a guess on the future - please show me where im pro Israel or Iran or anybody for that matter

you can chose to ignore the reports from the real world - all sides are making statements of fact regarding the situation - i am asking are they signs of action in the near future

if you think i am for or against anyone, you have been reading another thread

OK, in Iran they have mullahs and Israel is a Jewish state - statements of fact
    Iran frequently calls Israel this - and the west reports on the clerics and mullahs running the country
    i shall say once again i am not pro either , end of , full stop
    other than the 2 WORDS you have highlighted , out of all my post where have i been pro anybody ?

and all the links were one sided ?? really - i have links from left and right of the spectrum - you chose to see that as one side - ok , that's your call but you are wrong

i have, from the start of this thread been stating what is happening in the real world, and making a guess on the future - please show me where im pro Israel or Iran or anybody for that matter

you can chose to ignore the reports from the real world - all sides are making statements of fact regarding the situation - i am asking are they signs of action in the near future

if you think i am for or against anyone, you have been reading another thread
    To call Israel the Jewish state rather than just calling it Israel is because people are less likely to post anything anywhere that is anti Jew.
    It is a way to get sympathy for the Jews in Israel.

Now if you were to call it the Zionist state it would not get that sympathy would it when that is a fact as well.

Facts are debatable.
    A lot of people kill in Iraq because of the fact the had WMDs.
    Fact the twin towers are gone......for sure fact.
    Fact Iran is working on a nuke......?

I am not out to annoy you but facts depend on if you believe where these facts come from

If NBC or the like tell me the US have made a bomb to take out Iranian plants I would not take it as fact.
    I would not even take any notice because of the source.

I am not out to offend you but the media only tell what they want you to know.
    Why would the US go out in the media to tell Israel to calm down when a phone call would do it.
    They do this so you look into why they said this and low and behold you find out Iran is a nutjob out to WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP........................

IMO Iran has no reason to fight unless it is attacked.
    Israel will attack because they cannot have a neighbor that could wipe them out.

To call Israel the Jewish state rather than just calling it Israel is because people are less likely to post anything anywhere that is anti Jew.
    It is a way to get sympathy for the Jews in Israel.

Now if you were to call it the Zionist state it would not get that sympathy would it when that is a fact as well.

Facts are debatable.

I am not out to annoy you but facts depend on if you believe where these facts come from

If NBC or the like tell me the US have made a bomb to take out Iranian plants I would not take it as fact.
    I would not even take any notice because of the source.

I am not out to offend you but the media only tell what they want you to know.
    Why would the US go out in the media to tell Israel to calm down when a phone call would do it.
    They do this so you look into why they said this and low and behold you find out Iran is a nutjob out to WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP........................

IMO Iran has no reason to fight unless it is attacked.
    Israel will attack because they cannot have a neighbor that could wipe them out.

so after all that - you agree with what i have been posting all along
    read the thread from the start !!
    i asked did Canada move its embassy becasue of the scenario you have just described

i asked were these small movements from different players add up to a sign that action is on it way - what part of this are people not getting ?
    it could not be clearer - i have posted many links that cribbed this scenario

Israel could attack Iran = USA gets involved , bombs nuke site - Iran responds - **** hits the fan

the rest of your post in fairness is meaningless gobbledygook , " Facts are debatable.
    "

no - facts are facts - that is why they are called facts

i asked did Canada move its embassy becasue of the scenario you have just described

i asked were these small movements from different players add up to a sign that action is on it way - what part of this are people not getting ?

Israel could attack Iran = USA gets involved , bombs nuke site - Iran responds - **** hits the fan

the rest of your post in fairness is meaningless gobbledygook , " Facts are debatable.
    "

Facts are not real in the way you see it.At one stage it was a fact that the earth was flat.
    So was it not a fact at the time that Iraq was attacked that they had WMDs and that fact turned out not to be true.

Facts are only as good as the source you get the from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

"

If Israel attacks Iran the Yanks & Brits will be involved in launching surgical strikes to support them. It won't just be AWACS.

Iran will launch attacks on Israel and whilst some of them will be taken out by Israeli missile defences, a number will get through and hit civilian targets in Israel - Haifa, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv - high concentration population centres. Couple that in with Iranian weapons supplied to Hezbollah that are fired from closer range and a dirty bomb or two.

Potentially, thousands of Israeli civilians dead.

What does Israel do then with its population baying for blood?

Just there a few minutes ago Sky News were talking about this and showed a clip of the Netanyahu interview on NBC.

You see what the media want you to see.

I am sure media in Iran are showing a different point of view.

Just there a few minutes ago Sky News were talking about this and showed a clip of the Netanyahu interview on NBC.

You see what the media want you to see.

I am sure media in Iran are showing a different point of view.

listen - last time - i support no one - ok end of that line

im well aware of what media is biased for who , i chose from many sources
    and make my mind up

and in fairness you are the one blinded by one sided propaganda if you don't take ALL sources into account and make a call on what is before you

so you can lose your notion that i dont know how to read biased media from ALL sides - im way ahead of ya

facts as still facts even if they come from sky news - me , i try not to watch it - but nice to know you are for me - cheers

read the thread - read my post - you will clearly see im biased for no one

If Israel attacks Iran the Yanks & Brits will be involved in launching surgical strikes to support them. It won't just be AWACS.

Iran will launch attacks on Israel and whilst some of them will be taken out by Israeli missile defences, a number will get through and hit civilian targets in Israel - Haifa, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv - high concentration population centres. Couple that in with Iranian weapons supplied to Hezbollah that are fired from closer range and a dirty bomb or two.

Potentially, thousands of Israeli civilians dead.

What does Israel do then with its population baying for blood?

i have no idea , im not the Israeli government or military - they are the ones asking for the Iranian site to be destroyed - im sure they have considered the revenge from Iran and others if they attack , me i think it would be suicidal for either side to attack the other - but Israel wants the site gone - so its up to them

as i see it , they would want to try bring the US into any conflict to back them up , current government is having none of it - but governments change

only time will tell i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Voltex wrote: »
    The anti-missile tech won't be of any use against suicide bombers.
    NK also wants to wipe people off the earth, has a nuke, but no-one really gives a damn. They built the nuke first, and are trying to build a delivery system second, but can't see anyone helping. The Iranians are launching rockets into sub-orbital and if they ever did make a nuke, will have a ready made delivery system.

If Iran does attack Israel with a nuke, I'm sure Israel will respond with its entire nuclear arsenal.

=-=

But Iran can be clever about this. If they make a nuke, they could hand it over to someone in Israel who'll drive/fly it into a power station.

• Advertisement

Facts are not real in the way you see it.At one stage it was a fact that the earth was flat.
    So was it not a fact at the time that Iraq was attacked that they had WMDs and that fact turned out not to be true.

Facts are only as good as the source you get the from.

so go on then , enlighten me to your non biased sources, you said you would not trust NBC as a news source - but point me towards sky news ?

i think you points are getting very lost and muddled

so here is the most anti Israel media out let i could find
    stating what i and many others have been
    it is not propaganda as you think - i think you missing the point of the meaning of the word

enjoy

http://www.tehrantimes.com/politics/101505-israel-will-be-demolished-if-it-attacks-iran-irgc-chief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

the_syco wrote: »

But Iran can be clever about this. If they make a nuke, they could hand it over to someone in Israel who'll drive/fly it into a power station.

Most likely the Nuclear Reactor at Dimona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

LOL STINGER IRAN! No more maple syrup for you! What are you gonna put on your pancakes now?!?

so do people still want to deny that this is happening ? and that its all propaganda ? mixed in with some scaremongering ?

come on - only the blind are not seeing whats going on here

from today's indo

quote "This announcement offered a rare glimpse of a long-running campaign to sabotage Iran's nuclear installations, believed to be a key priority of Western and Israeli intelligence agencies."

full text

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/saboteurs-hit-iran-nuclear-facility-3233255.html

this is nothing new and has been happening for ages , assassinations , cyber warfare and blowing **** up - so is the big one coming
    thats the point of this thread - will they keep picking away with small operation hoping to keep stalling the Iranians ? or will the go for the bunker buster !!

also this makes for a interesting read - the Israeli ambassador to the US

quote "“We’ve waited while they’ve declared their intention to destroy us, pretty much every day,” Mr. Oren said during an interview in a sitting room at his official residence, a modern home tucked away in an expensive, verdant section of Northwest Washington. “That’s waiting a very long time.”

full text : http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/world/middleeast/israeli-diplomat-michael-oren-is-man-in-middle.html?_r=0

and now for today's threat and counter threat ,

it's Iran's turn today to feel paranoid,

quote "A war will occur, but it's not clear where or when it will be," Jafari was quoted as saying on Saturday. "Israel seeks war with us, but it's not clear when the war will occur."

Full text : http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0922/breaking10.html

this is like a fight between two primary school kids, with the rest of the school standing around in a circle chanting " fight " at them

oh really ?? so Iran is Pro Isreal now is it ??? LOL

quote from today's "Pro Israel" Irish times - "As speculation mounts that Israel could launch air strikes on Iran before US elections in November, Mohammad Ali Jafari told a news conference that the Jewish state would be destroyed if it took such a step."

so dodd you were saying ???

Advertisement